The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Generating 5k/mth through LinkedIn - 2024 progress

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
Morning (or evening) fastlaners.

Today I have for you the start of a long and hopefully insightful, possibly entertaining, and almost certainly valuable progress thread that’s tracks the progress towards 1 simple, measurable, and definitely achievable goal..

My goal..

15 websites sold at 5k per site through linked in - in 1 year.

This nets 75k for the year, whilst not explicitly fast lane… does enable me resource and fast lane skills to get me ready for whatever’s next. Replacing my salary at this point too is a secondary aim.

Why this goal is goal is bueno …

15 customers equates to 1 sale every 3.5 weeks. Definitely achievable, and sales should come quicker as time progresses:

5k per site. I have already sold one since October for 1.2k (completely low balled the offer to get foot in the door) but did make about 600 off retainer since then so not an awful start. I know first hand how much businesses will pay for sites, and what they may be looking for and have spoken a lot about this to a friend of mine who owns a successful Amazon agency and he told me what he would be looking for.

The where? Linked in.

TikTok’s full of young people with limited funds. - not great for websites.

Instagrams full of older people but still young - lots of funds - but not the most optimal for websites.

Linked in - trillions of net worth running around these quarters. All business owners and professionals - businesses need websites.

My plan is to target businesses no smaller than 20k per month revenue. If they are expecting to drop 5k+ on a website, then they need to be making at least 4x that amount per month to warrant the risk of purchasing a website for 5k.

My guess is it will be a grind (actually no guess work needed here)

This will definitively be a grind.

My estimate is that it will take a longer and harder efforts to begin with to secure the first couple of sales, then should be more consistent and can charge higher amounts as the end of year comes in.

I’ve dabbled in email outreach but believe that linked in will be the best chance at hitting this goal so I am going all out on this strategy.

I’ll keep you all posted. By the way I’m British so all “K” amounts I chuck around in here will be £s.

Hope this will be entertaining for you all. Maybe we can all learn something too .. or get a deep insight and hidden knowledge of what not to do

Will post once per week with updates.. so expect one post every…

(time for math)

We’re in week 3 of Feb, so let’s guess we’re at week 8 of the year.

52 - 8 = 44

44 posts - apologies in advance

Will post my efforts, mindset and outcomes in each post.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL

Today I have for you the start of a long and hopefully insightful, possibly entertaining, and almost certainly valuable progress thread that’s tracks the progress towards 1 simple, measurable, and definitely achievable goal..

My goal..

This nets 75k for the year, whilst not explicitly fast lane… does enable me resource and fast lane skills to get me ready for whatever’s next. Replacing my salary at this point too is a secondary aim.

15 customers equates to 1 sale every 3.5 weeks. Definitely achievable, and sales should come quicker as time progresses:

5k per site. I have already sold one since October for 1.2k (completely low balled the offer to get foot in the door) but did make about 600 off retainer since then so not an awful start. I know first hand how much businesses will pay for sites, and what they may be looking for and have spoken a lot about this to a friend of mine who owns a successful Amazon agency and he told me what he would be looking for.

The where? Linked in.

Instagrams full of older people but still young - lots of funds - but not the most optimal for websites.

Linked in - trillions of net worth running around these quarters. All business owners and professionals - businesses need websites.

My plan is to target businesses no smaller than 20k per month revenue. If they are expecting to drop 5k+ on a website, then they need to be making at least 4x that amount per month to warrant the risk of purchasing a website for 5k.

My estimate is that it will take a longer and harder efforts to begin with to secure the first couple of sales, then should be more consistent and can charge higher amounts as the end of year comes in.

I’ve dabbled in email outreach but believe that linked in will be the best chance at hitting this goal so I am going all out on this strategy.

I’ll keep you all posted. By the way I’m British so all “K” amounts I chuck around in here will be £s.

Hope this will be entertaining for you all. Maybe we can all learn something too .. or get a deep insight and hidden knowledge of what not to do

(time for math)

52 - 8 = 44

Sounds good man. You should start a progress thread and post weekly updates.

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL

My goal..

The where? Linked in.

(time for math)

52 - 8 = 44

Nice! You should start a progress thread with weekly updates. This is good for receiving feedback and accountability.

rdan

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 13, 2023
Congratulations on your success already! Will you continue building websites long-term?

Much success for the time to come!

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
Update - 26.02.2024

So been a busy week as still working 9-5, however.. progress was still made

Whats been done:

1. My website is now fully launched, domain linked and hosted online. learnt a lot about cloudflare CDN and now have a fast site that can be good for SEO down the road

2. Half way completed a linked in course that shows a route to gain following and eventually inbound leads. Will finish this in the next 2 days.

3. In contact with an environmental firm looking to build there site. Initial offer will be 3.5k down from 5k (Offering a discount as my girlfriend works for them) - my aim is to settle somewhere in the 3k range (I know not 5k but given what my girlfriend had said about spending habits of the boss, 3k is around what i guess he’d pay. The fact that I’m saying down from 5k will give them more value as they’re getting a large discount)

4. Linked in profile almost fully set up. I’ve changed my banner to match the branding of my site and have CTAs directing to my site to book a call. My site is pretty high quality so I’m hoping it serves as an ad for what they can have for their own sites.

5. Showed expertise to some people I met in the sauna (as tescos says… every little helps)

6. Building and designing a new page for an existing client. Should be an extra 500 this month.

7. Finished audible for the million dollar weekend - highly recommend.

8. Gained one new connection/follower on linked (I want this rate to be higher by next week)

There’s likely more thats all I have time to write as on my lunch break at 9-5. Will keep you all posted

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
Congratulations on your success already! Will you continue building websites long-term?

My plan is to get to 200k capital before I pivot/try out new ventures. I don't think web design will get me truly Fastlane.. but can help build up my bankroll and teach me what I need to to know about entrepreneurship.

It's slow moving right now but until this past year I haven't once in my life thought about anything to do with business.. not even supply and demand.. nada...

But I learn quick and I work hard, and if you think about it I'm really only 1 years old in terms of my business brain. Makes it easier to remember this when you see others with great success and you're wondering why it's taking so long for you.

I've come a long way and look forward to what the future brings. I work hard and won't stop until I'm at the place I want to be. You can't fail if you never quit.

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
27.02.2024 - UPDATE

I know supposed to be weekly updates.. but wanted to share my updated linked in profile to gather thoughts.

Linked In

It's not completed, but wanted to hear thoughts on the about section.

RudyR

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 24, 2023
Texas
Hi Ash, I've attached a screenshot of what I see on the About section. I would probably reword your first sentences so that is not a question but more of a statement of what you do. Then If I'm intrigued, I would then click on the see more button. I do like your banner, and at first glance your site looks pretty cool, with nice call to actions.

Also @Andy Black created a thread of LinkedIn users, post your LinkedIn there and connect with us over here: CHAT - LinkedIn: Connect, Mastermind, Progress

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 8.11.47 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 8.11.47 PM.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 10

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
Hi Ash, I've attached a screenshot of what I see on the About section. I would probably reword your first sentences so that is not a question but more of a statement of what you do. Then If I'm intrigued, I would then click on the see more button. I do like your banner, and at first glance your site looks pretty cool, with nice call to actions.

Also @Andy Black created a thread of LinkedIn users, post your LinkedIn there and connect with us over here: CHAT - LinkedIn: Connect, Mastermind, Progress
Thanks for the response and the add! made some changes...

1709244767382.png

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom

Not long term, but enough to leave employment and gain some more capital. really the web design services is to get better at marketing and sales and pull money in from the ether.

I had done it before for a few years using a betting system but wanted something more scalable. Sadly i left betting and ended up in a job I took for too long and its soul destroying.

I have a sales meeting on Thursday for a website. Looking to take 3k from this sale, going to start at 5k and work down. It's in person so should be a great opportunity to learn.

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
17/03/2024 Update:

Hey Fastlaners! It's been a little too long but had a snowboarding trip in Norway that took up some of my time.

Progress since last post:

- Have a sales meeting booked in for thursday. Looking to get 3.5k for a site and very warm lead.
- Have grown linked in from 50 followers to 80 followers. (looking to grow this to 150 by end of next week). I'm starting to get a few people add me organically too which is nice.
- Had 1 person connect with me for possible business in future.
- Linked in course finished and profile optimised.
- site set up
- Sent a loom video site audit to a lead a I picked up from email outreach. (does work just not as quality leads)
- Mindset - been listening to tony robbins daily (I know might seem cliche) but his view on the world and how the mid works resonates with me
- Set up decade, annual, monthly, weekly, daily tasks to keep goals in mind.

Current weekly/monthly goals:
weekly:
- outreach to 100 companies
- set up 1 sales call
- sell 1 websites
- post 5 linked in posts
- grow linked in following to 150

monthly:
- Close 2 sales for web designs
- Have 10 sales calls
- Generate 5k
- leave job (after bonus comes in)

Consistency and certainty are the main focuses for next week. I want to hit all of my goals ideally and starting picking up the pace. I go to the gym daily so need to factor in the 1 hour I spend there into my plans.

Last edited:

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
Nice! You should start a progress thread with weekly updates. This is good for receiving feedback and accountability.
Is this different to the thread Ive created here? Will set one up if yes :)

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
Is this different to the thread Ive created here? Will set one up if yes :)
Also, What could I do better?

Sometimes I know the answer, but I always find that when I give advice it's always using the best of my knowledge. Always found it harder to listen to my own advice though. So hearing from others may help.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Maybe tighten your bio? It's not clear to me what you do, for who, and how.

What do you want to be introduced to people as? "Meet Ash, my web guy."?

Maybe lead with that and then expand on it in your second sentence?

Are you able to add a link to your site too?

Screenshot_20240317-131124_Chrome.jpg

Here's mine currently. Can you see what I want people to label me as?

Screenshot_20240317_131642.jpg

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
Maybe tighten your bio? It's not clear to me what you do, for who, and how.

What do you want to be introduced to people as? "Meet Ash, my web guy."?

Maybe lead with that and then expand on it in your second sentence?

Are you able to add a link to your site too?

View attachment 54760

Here's mine currently. Can you see what I want people to label me as?

View attachment 54761
Hey Andy, thanks for the reply

Is the link not showing? It should say enquire now - sigmaorange and that links to it.

Sorry, by Bio do you mean the top section or the about section.. ? just for clarity

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey Andy, thanks for the reply

Is the link not showing? It should say enquire now - sigmaorange and that links to it.

Sorry, by Bio do you mean the top section or the about section.. ? just for clarity
I don't know what to call the written section below your name. Note that people only see the first few words when they see you post, reply, or DM them.

E.g.
Screenshot_20240317_133047.jpg

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom

Attachments

• BAA0F0B6-8B2F-4228-92A5-42C5453310A6.png
    BAA0F0B6-8B2F-4228-92A5-42C5453310A6.png
    931.6 KB · Views: 4

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Sumiran

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Apr 26, 2023
That's great to see man. I've been out of LinkedIn for a few months but getting back to it. And I'm also pivoting to web design so let's connect and grow together.

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
What's the quote from The Podcast Guys about? Is that a testimonial or something?

Yeah that was a testimonial they gave me. Thought it would be good leave in the section.

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
21-03-2024. MAJOR UPDATE:

Hey guys, hope you’ve all been working hard, focusing on goals and getting tangible results.

Quick update since last post:
- caught a horrendous cold. Genuinely feel like a$$ right now.
- inspite of “a$$” feeling, just soft closed a 3.5k website sale. Met with the owner in person and hit it off. Design starts this week then start building. Happy with price point and have a clear route to take the build.
- linked in - I’m now at 90 followers. Adding people each day until I’m at 500 followers. Currently posting 2-3 a week.
- decided to incorporate phone sales. I know this is a linked in thread but I feel my edge can come from my ability to talk to people. Don’t have a lot of time to call as have 9-5 but will compile a list of people to call in my lunch break.
- email lead from last week is unresponsive. Sending a follow up email later today.
- will start filling my email campaign with leads as it does work, just need more numbers

Will let you all know how this next week pans out. My goal is to find another hot lead and get on a sales call with them.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Yeah that was a testimonial they gave me. Thought it would be good leave in the section.
It's confusing (for me at any rate). I had to try and figure out what it is.

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
That makes sense now.
I’ll test things moving forward. Maybe I’ll just remove it from the bio at some point. Thanks again Andy! You’ve always been such great help to me

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
Update 25/03/2024.

Hey guys! Just a quick update on progress. Been sick for the past 3 days but back to full energy again now!

Here’s my progress:
- 3.5k invoice signed off and sent for payment by ceo in talks with. Although not 5k it’s a price I’m happy with for now.
- started designing the site. Shouldn’t take too long as we agreed that a simple site would work better.
- linked following up by 2. Need to work on this week to get to 100 which is my next milestone.
- started compiling a list of companies to cold call on my lunch breaks.

Not the biggest update. Main result being the 3.5k sign off.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
linked following up by 2. Need to work on this week to get to 100 which is my next milestone.
Send connection requests to interesting people. When they accept, DM and thank them. Do not pitch.

Also, remember they're not a client till the money is in your account.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.