The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gee, Call Me Not Shocked... (Another Seminar Scam)

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015
I feel there needs to be clarification about what constitutes a scam guru vs. a legit instructor. There are tons of people out there trying to sell high-level stuff without knowledge/experience. But there are people offering legit high-level training that's absolutely worth the cost.

Over the last 2-3 weeks I had the opportunity to attend 3 high-level programs by industry experts. All 3 courses were full of info I'd never seen anywhere, and all 3 were worth their high price. I found value in all of them that I would have gladly paid for if it weren't for the fact I gained access for free (my client had already paid for them :) )

The only way they wouldn't be valuable is if the person going through them didn't have the right stuff. But at least 2 of those programs taught mindset & value first, so even that wasn't an issue. In all 3 I found useful, actionable info to immediately put to use.

I guess the point is it comes down to due diligence. For the right person I absolutely think it makes sense to pay the price to propel yourself to the next level, whatever that level may be. Should you go into debt for it...probably not, but if you can afford it, and if you do your research, then I say go for it.

Based on the story in the article, I feel the customer probably could have figured out whether this was legit or not with a 5 minute Google search.

Maybe a couple of identifiers could help.
Here's some stuff I've seen that might help people figure this out:

• Can you talk to the instructor directly?
• Have others worked with that person? What did they say?
• Do you know that person, or do you have reason to believe they know their shit and care to teach it?
• Are there any signs it might not be legit?
• Do they create value up front that you actually find useful or helpful?
• Are there any horror stories on Google about them?

That's straight from the article. If they had that experience, others did too, so it's on Google somewhere.

The above is why a place like this is so valuable and why I don't think twice about engaging with opportunities that arise from the experts of this forum. Generally their reputation precedes them and you don't have to think too had about whether or not a course, seminar or mentoring has intrinsic value.

I'm sceptical of any of the seminars or courses that I see pop up on Facebook, their designed generally with one thing in mind and there's often only one reason why people would need to mass market such a seminar that supposedly is such a rare, exclusive opportunity. It's become a real fad lately, the last one I saw a snippet of was basically along the lines of 'see a product advertised on facebook, buy it on aliexpress and become a millionaire'.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
Good god. They are soooo cheesy. I just can't imagine anyone falling for them... but I guess there's one born every day...

I know. Looking at reviews online people have complained about being ripped off so people have fallen for it.

I just saw something in the video at 0:55 seconds which shows a altered US Bank account picture. Why would the available balance be $2,972.41 if the account has over 3 million in it?

total lies.jpg

People will LIE LIE LIE especially at seminars. If they tell you to take out CC debt or mortgage the house to buy more seminars then that should be a clue. The El Moussa's weren't really involved with the Flip or Flop seminars. It's an outside company running it called Zurixx. So even if the name of the seminar is popular/trusted it still isn't enough. Same goes for MLM or any time a bunch of people are crowded in an auditorium 99% of the time.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I know. Looking at reviews online people have complained about being ripped off so people have fallen for it.

I just saw something in the video at 0:55 seconds which shows a altered US Bank account picture. Why would the available balance be $2,972.41 if the account has over 3 million in it?

View attachment 13498

People will LIE LIE LIE especially at seminars. If they tell you to take out CC debt or mortgage the house to buy more seminars then that should be a clue. The El Moussa's weren't really involved with the Flip or Flop seminars. It's an outside company running it called Zurixx. So even if the name of the seminar is popular/trusted it still isn't enough. Same goes for MLM or any time a bunch of people are crowded in an auditorium 99% of the time.

OMG, the fraudulent document doesn't even look real, not to mention the huge oversight on the "available balance."

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
There's a lot of talk about these scam seminars and how they exist to steal cash. I wonder how many here have considered the Fastlane opportunity that exists within this mess. How many have considered the fact seminar "experts" get trained by others too. And they pay a lot of money for it.

To me it feels like these scam programs are a top-down problem. The training at the top is B.S. and trickles down to everyone else. But for many there's a hidden opportunity that hasn't been mentioned a lot...

Here on TFF there are plenty of industry experts. You've spent years working for others, learning the tricks of the trade. You know how to do your job better than anyone else, and that gives you a unique opportunity that most will never know.

If the problem with scam seminars is top-down, and there's a lot of people complaining about it...maybe it's time someone created a better program. If the guy at the top was a REAL expert and actually knew how to help, there's no reason those he trains wouldn't come away able to make a lot of money and create value for others too.

So maybe you're an expert looking to break free, but what if your path to freedom exists within your prison - the job you do and the industry knowledge you possess? And what if you delivered supremely valuable training that actually was worth a damn to the people who want to learn it?

famke_jannsen-xmen.jpg

Professor Xavier trains Leaders who train students at the school.

You train the trainers and train them well. They pay you handsomely for that training. No attachment beyond that unless they work for you. Then they go forth into the world and spread value to everyone else - righting the wrongs in the industry by NOT screwing people over. Plus they get paid well too.

You can warn people all you want, but you can't warn them all and you have no control over what scammers do. But when you position yourself at the top you control your programs and have a chance to create profound change in the lives of a lot of people.

It doesn't solve the scam problem, but it does solve a need.

Help enough people and you get to live free.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
They've already moved on to another scam called Push Money App. They must've laughed HARD making these videos.

http://thepushmoneyapp.com/privateinvite.php

OMG, They are really pushing the limits on these videos now.

The dude says he's making around $5,000 every ten seconds, shows his bank account, AND then he says that was a student's account that signed up 5 minutes ago. LOL

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States

The dude says he's making around $5,000 every ten seconds, shows his bank account, AND then he says that was a student's account that signed up 5 minutes ago. LOL

There should be a special troll unit of the IRS that attends these events just to troll the organizers.

When the clown is on stage and declares his $5,000/10 seconds, an agent walks up, introduces himself and asks for a repeat of the figures.
That should bring a quick end to the seminar.

$5k EVERY 10 seconds is $1.314 billion a month.
I could use that kind of money, where do I sign up asap?

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ

View attachment 13498

when I went to the two hour free seminar, they had cardboard cutouts of the El Moussa's - no joke.

I figure that if they weren't getting a cut of the action, they would have sued and made a public statement that their likeness is being used without their permission. They would basically have to, otherwise they lose credibility in any future case where someone does it again.

Utopia

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 7, 2016
Traveling
There's a lot of talk about these scam seminars and how they exist to steal cash. I wonder how many here have considered the Fastlane opportunity that exists within this mess. How many have considered the fact seminar "experts" get trained by others too. And they pay a lot of money for it.

To me it feels like these scam programs are a top-down problem. The training at the top is B.S. and trickles down to everyone else. But for many there's a hidden opportunity that hasn't been mentioned a lot...

Here on TFF there are plenty of industry experts. You've spent years working for others, learning the tricks of the trade. You know how to do your job better than anyone else, and that gives you a unique opportunity that most will never know.

If the problem with scam seminars is top-down, and there's a lot of people complaining about it...maybe it's time someone created a better program. If the guy at the top was a REAL expert and actually knew how to help, there's no reason those he trains wouldn't come away able to make a lot of money and create value for others too.

So maybe you're an expert looking to break free, but what if your path to freedom exists within your prison - the job you do and the industry knowledge you possess? And what if you delivered supremely valuable training that actually was worth a damn to the people who want to learn it?

famke_jannsen-xmen.jpg

Professor Xavier trains Leaders who train students at the school.

You train the trainers and train them well. They pay you handsomely for that training. No attachment beyond that unless they work for you. Then they go forth into the world and spread value to everyone else - righting the wrongs in the industry by NOT screwing people over. Plus they get paid well too.

You can warn people all you want, but you can't warn them all and you have no control over what scammers do. But when you position yourself at the top you control your programs and have a chance to create profound change in the lives of a lot of people.

It doesn't solve the scam problem, but it does solve a need.

Help enough people and you get to live free.
I really like the direction of your thoughts on here and see value with the discussion you are proposing, specifically:

This might be really good and benefit us all in many ways, but I don't believe that human nature is designed in such a way as to make use of this. It's potentially a problem in training, but also human nature to not take advantage of the best ways for success.

Take copywriting for example, as most people here are already proficient in copywriting here to some degree, we can recognize good/bad or any kind of copywriting, and when someone is trying to sell us through that copywriting then we see right through it. But most of the population is right in line with the thoughts and the scheme developed to lead them down the path set for them. This is not something that is there fault, but just a reality of how their mind works.

In the same way, human consciousness only gets dumber as a population or collective group gets bigger. This is seen in the media that is consumed today, the television shows, instagram models, and the news headlines that we click on today. Getting in on the self-development industry myself, people don't want what works, and most are unwilling to do what it takes to get them to their goals. For this reason I see others in the industries selling them what they think they want.

Is there a better way? Likely there is. Will that way ever catch on? Most likely not because most of the people in the world wouldn't buy it so then there is no incentive to make it happen. I got close with a few of Tony Robbins event attendees this past year and they are awesome people, probably even smarter than most, but they are also spending thousands of dollars and going into debt for the seminars and knowledge they can find in books to change their lives. On one of their facebook groups I look at the stuff that spreads and it is not the stuff that is useful, but rather the stuff that people have come to feel good about.

Change or creating the life you want (financially speaking here) is generally not easy and growth generally takes work and effort. These are things people don't want to pay the cost of, just human nature in what I have found. As pointed out earlier most of the human population IQ isn't at a level to detect bullshit, maybe it is also that most people aren't at a level of achievement, or even what it takes to do for their success. So what is the answer? Help those ones raise the bar or play into the game where all the money and people are at?

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015

I saw a popup of this on my computer the other day lol.

"no matter what everytime I push a button my balance goes up"

Attachments

• pushmoneyapp.png
    pushmoneyapp.png
    573.2 KB · Views: 15

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
Pushmoney is hilarious. After you put in your e-mail and name you're greeted with yet another video that's even more ridiculous than the first. I'll let the pictures show the highlights of it.

push money1.jpg

push money2.jpg

push money3.jpg

push money4.jpg

push money5.jpg

push money6.jpg

push money7.jpg

push money8.jpg

At the beginning there's a party where they are all drinking wine and brag about how rich they are. For example one of the actors said that one of his buddies has a 1952 mickey mantle tops mint worth 1.8 million. There were tons of BS testimonials at the end. Key takeaway is that testimonials, bank account statements, Lamborghinis, big houses, etc... mean absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.