The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Poland, helping others and worried about my own life

saymonx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 22, 2016
Poland
Hi Everyone,
My name is Szymon (it's easier to call me Simon) and I live in Poland. I will be 21 next month.

My life is kinda weird, since I've been stuck with bad attitudes for quite a while. It got twisted a year ago, and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with it.

I'll try to say something about myself as briefly as I can.

Background

I've always been a passionate guy, wanting to live my life to the fullest. When I was very young, I was the best in English, I've started learning it when I was 6, and at the age of 8 I have attended to classes with a lot older children (like 13-15 or so, teenagers). I knew a lot about computers, and my father and I were repairing it for our neighbours for cash.

When I was 18, I've done a few things that were HUGE for me at that time.
The first thing - I went to my first job as a telesales person. The second - for money that I've earned I went to the USA, to New York, thus making my dream of going there a reality. But I've been there only for a while, just to do some sightseeing. The third thing - I've bought a grey Mercedes W124. And it wasn't the end of it, because at the end of the year I've started my own association (NGO). The association is working towards improving the quality of life for teenagers in my city. I've had a lot of contact with business people and government people. I was giving lectures about personal goals, achieving your dreams, generally slowlane stuff that I haven't even practiced yet, only heard of.

Few months later I have started my university education and... I quit it after a year, because it was so irrelevant (my field of studies was called International Business and it had nothing to do with business). I was doing good there, but it was just stupid and I knew it. After that I have got a job as an marketing assistant for a big company operating in many countries abroad. Long story short - I've got really unlucky, the company started going broke. At that time I was giving private English lessons for years, and I continue doing it. But it's just a small cash, nothing really great. And I had to sell my car, so now I ride a bike or go anywhere by bus. As a car guy it's really saddening for me.

I went back to telesales, but this company started to reduce salaries. So I went unemployed, got a certificate in English, but it didn't help in anything.

And now, I'm trying to figure out anything that will bring me money and happiness, I have my association, but it's a non-profit, I can't get any profit from it. I mean, nothing that I know of. I love talking to people, I love cars, I know English and Polish well. I learn a bit about marketing and sales, since I've been doing things connected to it.

I hope the post isn't too big. My personal story is quite complicated :D.
I love The Fastlane Forum and the book because both of them give me hope for a better life. Maybe I will find something that will help me get it. Thank You MJ and all of You! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Here's one option for you: What I'd do if I was 18

Average income in Poland is about $9,000 a year. Go to China. Work for a year. Set aside 4 years worth of cash. Come back with cash and product to sell.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
With this being an entrepreneur orientated forum what I'm going to say is going to sound a bit counter- intuitive, but my advice would be to take some time to take a closer look at what you really interested in.

You said the below about what you're looking for:

And now, I'm trying to figure out anything that will bring me money and happiness, I have my association, but it's a non-profit, I can't get any profit from it. I mean, nothing that I know of. I love talking to people, I love cars, I know English and Polish well. I learn a bit about marketing and sales, since I've been doing things connected to it.

Here's a couple of things to look at. If you're really into going it alone then it may be true that you can't make money from your non-profit, but what you do have is a specific targeted group of people who you can talk to and learn from. This puts you so far ahead than others in terms of creating your own products. A lot of teenagers are lost in terms of direction - I'm sure there are many youth clubs and other similar associations to yours across your country (and others) who would love to have a product / tool kit they could use to educate their teens with.

If you feel that really isn't going to work then dig deeper into what you love. I have too many times said that I love talking to people, I want to make a difference and want to be working in marketing.

Honestly, that's crap. Yes, I do like all those things, but do I really like every variation of what that involves. Do I want to spend 10 hours, 5 days a week on calls consulting with clients to help them achieve success in their businesses? If I was following what I said above then I should. Honestly, though... worst nightmare. What I actually want is a job that allows me to earn money passively for 70% of my income, gives me free time and money to support my aging family at the drop of a hat. It is that reason I'm going more into the membership side of things where I can teach on mass and then have a much smaller group of people working one on one with me.

You're still young. Think about what you love and then seek out others doing it and start learning from them. Read the different progress threads here and see what really clicks with you and what doesn't. It's not exciting, but I promise it's worth it!

saymonx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 22, 2016
Poland
You're still young. Think about what you love and then seek out others doing it and start learning from them. Read the different progress threads here and see what really clicks with you and what doesn't. It's not exciting, but I promise it's worth it!

Wow, thanks, I find your answer really helpful! I am already "scanning" the forum to find something. Actually, this idea with a tool kit for other associations isn't bad, but it's hard to teach someone about "finding direction" if I really haven't found my own, but it's a great idea if I'll find it :).

So do you think that passion and finding what you love is important? I thought that this forum teaches mostly that what the buyer wants is much more important, isn't it? I am kinda lost :D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Wow, thanks, I find your answer really helpful! I am already "scanning" the forum to find something. Actually, this idea with a tool kit for other associations isn't bad, but it's hard to teach someone about "finding direction" if I really haven't found my own, but it's a great idea if I'll find it :).

So do you think that passion and finding what you love is important? I thought that this forum teaches mostly that what the buyer wants is much more important, isn't it? I am kinda lost :D

I type faster than my brain sometimes. It's totally all about going with what your buyer needs. That is at the core of everything. My badly worded point was that trying to seek that can be a struggle if you're saying all you want to do is talk to people and make them happy (I know it's not as simplistic as that, but excuse me for brevity's sake). You need to jump in and spend some time digging deeper in more specific areas.

For example, ask me to come up with a problem that everyone is facing right now? Got no flipping idea and I'll drive myself mad coming up with one. Tell me I have to work with chefs and immediately I'm starting to brim with ideas - maybe they need a product that allows them to teach sous-chefs via an app to speed up the training time. Could be a horrible idea, but at least I've got a starting point and something for them to tear about and come up with something that is more of a struggle for them.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France

"first things first " as said by author stephen covey

the first thing is building an unstoppable you

how will you know that you have this kind of thing ?

when you can master yourself and others.

when you are the Master and people and circumstances are just puppet in your circus.

this means the yang in you is stronger than the yang in others

example :

1) small Master yoda is stronger than most bad guys out there in the star wars movies because of his mind ,not his body

2) the child in "think and grow rich" mastered an adult with this power.

this is called 100 % focus 100 % beliefs

this child had to win or die . nothing less

i can imagine the child shouting at the uncle

" give me the money you ****** ! "

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content