The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Consumer to Producer

harlam

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Sep 28, 2019
Hello everybody,

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I live in The Netherlands and have a job in IT. I have years of experience in the field and I have the idea of creating some form of business in the back of my head since long ago. However I have never dared to explore any deeper. Currently I am reading The Millionaire Fastlane . For me the first "a-ha" moment idea is that we have been hardwired to consume.

I am trying to change my mindset to a producer's one.

So if I am to be a producer instead of a consumer I should write posts rather than just read them. Surely enough I will still read but with a purpose of learning and producing my own content. However as I write this little introduction I am full of self doubt, and there are plenty of negatives ideas popping in my mind. They have to do with my use of English as it is not my first language but also others forms of self-consciousness.

It has been a full life believing that business owners are other sort of people that the one I belong to. However I need to repeat to myself I could also be an entrepreneur. So far I keep reading the book and reading success stories to motivate myself, also to learn how many different ways of making money there are.

thanks,

Harlam

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hello everybody,

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I live in The Netherlands and have a job in IT. I have years of experience in the field and I have the idea of creating some form of business in the back of my head since long ago. However I have never dared to explore any deeper. Currently I am reading The Millionaire Fastlane . For me the first "a-ha" moment idea is that we have been hardwired to consume.

I am trying to change my mindset to a producer's one.

So if I am to be a producer instead of a consumer I should write posts rather than just read them. Surely enough I will still read but with a purpose of learning and producing my own content. However as I write this little introduction I am full of self doubt, and there are plenty of negatives ideas popping in my mind. They have to do with my use of English as it is not my first language but also others forms of self-consciousness.

It has been a full life believing that business owners are other sort of people that the one I belong to. However I need to repeat to myself I could also be an entrepreneur. So far I keep reading the book and reading success stories to motivate myself, also to learn how many different ways of making money there are.

thanks,

Harlam
Great start. You can add lots of value, you just have to believe it. Say thanks when you read something you like, and explain why you like it and how it helped you. It will help the person you’re thanking, and it will help you become a producer.

Someone once gave me some advice: Say “I am enough. Because I say I am.”

Believe it. Do it. Get positive feedback. Believe it even more. Repeat.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome to the forum Harlam, we're glad you found us. Don't worry about your English. Your intro was well written - better than some who claim English as their first language.

The mind shift from consumer to producer is vital. And yes, filled with challenges such as self-doubt. Hang in there and keep at it. A little self consciousness is a good thing as long as it doesn't ham string you. (sorry, that's US slang for something that slows you down)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...