The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From broke > military > real estate > broke > consultant

CaliforniaCPA

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
May 8, 2018
San Francisco, CA
I started out my adult life by joining the US Army. I wanted adventure, to leave my small town, learn something new and, pragmatically, to get college paid for and not be in debt. I think I knew pretty early on that I didn't want to do things like most people.

After the Army, I went to college and with my savings continued to invest in the stock market and real estate. I got burned in the stock market crash of the early 2000's and then got completely killed in the financial crisis of 2008, which I could start to see coming in 2006.

I started over again in the (stable) accounting field, became a CPA and now have my own accounting and business consulting firm. I enjoy helping others grow their business and avoid mistakes. I want to continue growing my business and love the freedom that it currently provides. It can be stressful sometimes but the positives far outweigh the negatives. And I realize that the only way to continue growing is to provide value.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

CaliforniaCPA

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
May 8, 2018
San Francisco, CA
Love the concepts in Fastlane and Unscripted and want to bring those ideas to my clients

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Hi Mr. CPA (I don't see your name?), nice to meet you.

What was your job in the Army?
What did you study in college?

Sorry to see that you were twice on the losing side of a big trend that flipped upside down (stocks, real estate).

It's nice to see a new forum member who actually likes their day job! :cool:
A lot of people are anxious to get away from whatever currently provides their living.

There are quite a few posts here that could use your help, from people trying to figure out taxes, budgets, LLC's, etc.!

Did you see that there are review threads for MJ's books? Add your review, and the "I've read..." badge will show up automatically in a while.

CaliforniaCPA

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
May 8, 2018
San Francisco, CA
Yeah... you live and learn.

I double majored in finance and international economics - I knew I wanted to do something in business. Thought it would be working for a big financial services firm, never thought I would end up as an accountant.

Yep, looking forward to contributing and hopefully also learning to grow a business and have a place to share those growing pains and experiences.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

CaliforniaCPA

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
May 8, 2018
San Francisco, CA
Hi Mr. CPA (I don't see your name?), nice to meet you.

What was your job in the Army?
What did you study in college?

Sorry to see that you were twice on the losing side of a big trend that flipped upside down (stocks, real estate).

It's nice to see a new forum member who actually likes their day job! :cool:
A lot of people are anxious to get away from whatever currently provides their living.

There are quite a few posts here that could use your help, from people trying to figure out taxes, budgets, LLC's, etc.!

Did you see that there are review threads for MJ's books? Add your review, and the "I've read..." badge will show up automatically in a while.

Another reason I'm here is to continue learning how to be a better business owner. Being more of the manager/marketer vs working in the business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...