• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO From broke > military > real estate > broke > consultant

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by CaliforniaCPA, May 8, 2018.

1. CaliforniaCPA

CaliforniaCPA Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $152
    I started out my adult life by joining the US Army. I wanted adventure, to leave my small town, learn something new and, pragmatically, to get college paid for and not be in debt. I think I knew pretty early on that I didn't want to do things like most people.

After the Army, I went to college and with my savings continued to invest in the stock market and real estate. I got burned in the stock market crash of the early 2000's and then got completely killed in the financial crisis of 2008, which I could start to see coming in 2006.

I started over again in the (stable) accounting field, became a CPA and now have my own accounting and business consulting firm. I enjoy helping others grow their business and avoid mistakes. I want to continue growing my business and love the freedom that it currently provides. It can be stressful sometimes but the positives far outweigh the negatives. And I realize that the only way to continue growing is to provide value.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  2. CaliforniaCPA

CaliforniaCPA Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $152
    Love the concepts in Fastlane and Unscripted and want to bring those ideas to my clients

Late Bloomer likes this.
  3. Late Bloomer

Late Bloomer Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,804
    Hi Mr. CPA (I don't see your name?), nice to meet you.

What was your job in the Army?
    What did you study in college?

Sorry to see that you were twice on the losing side of a big trend that flipped upside down (stocks, real estate).

It's nice to see a new forum member who actually likes their day job! :cool:
    A lot of people are anxious to get away from whatever currently provides their living.

There are quite a few posts here that could use your help, from people trying to figure out taxes, budgets, LLC's, etc.!

Did you see that there are review threads for MJ's books? Add your review, and the "I've read..." badge will show up automatically in a while.

CaliforniaCPA likes this.
  4. CaliforniaCPA

Rep Bank:
    $152
    Yeah... you live and learn.

I double majored in finance and international economics - I knew I wanted to do something in business. Thought it would be working for a big financial services firm, never thought I would end up as an accountant.

Yep, looking forward to contributing and hopefully also learning to grow a business and have a place to share those growing pains and experiences.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    Late Bloomer likes this.
  5. jon.a

jon.a Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $79,346
  6. CaliforniaCPA

Rep Bank:
    $152
    Another reason I'm here is to continue learning how to be a better business owner. Being more of the manager/marketer vs working in the business.

Late Bloomer likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.