The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From broke to... Still broke Building my first fastlane/CENTS approved MVP.

baythewebguy

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jul 14, 2023
Hi all

I've been a long time lurker of these forums, now it's finally time to introduce myself.

I've started multiple side hustles since I was 15, all of which have shown some level of 'success' (they paid the bills) however I didn't have the right skillset or mindset to truly become successful.

11 years later and much wiser, I've developed skills in web development, SEO, PPC, sales and more... I also found 'The Millionaires Fastlane' and many other self development books to improve my mindset.

I've successfully built 10+ websites, attract over 30,000 clicks/month from SEO, and have worked on £600k+ marketing campaigns within an agency.

I'm now ready to try again ❤️

My Goal is to replace both my own and my fiance's full-time income, buy a van, and start traveling the world by 2028.

My plan is to replicate a successful directory in a new market with virtually zero competition, then expand vertically by offering complimentary services to the traffic on my site.

The niche is high-ticket (£5k-40k) and high volume (1,000s of searches per month). Initially I will be able to extract less than 1% of the money spent, but as I become the dominant player in the market, I will be able to carve out a much higher percentage.

Looking forward to posting a progress thread when the MVP is out of development :)

AMA ☺️

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

semiconductor

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jul 1, 2023
Looking forward to seeing the MVP!

Do you develop it all yourself or delegate any of the work?

What learnings do you have from your previous ventures?

baythewebguy

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jul 14, 2023
Looking forward to seeing the MVP!

Do you develop it all yourself or delegate any of the work?

What learnings do you have from your previous ventures?
I will build it myself using WordPress, Elementor & GeoDirectory.

Will definitely end up hiring a developer to rebuild after it sees some success, but I like to start lean and reinvest.

I'm a full time SEO manager and have built 10+ websites using WP + Elementor.

I've learnt it's more important to build MVP's quickly and get ranking, over long development times trying to add all the bells and whistles.

Also, I use a 'class' based design system which takes longer to setup, but makes edits and creating future pages much quicker/more consistent.

Finally, with directories, you have a 'chicken and egg' situation. To fix this, you need to heavily promote to both parties with a no brainer offer, without devaluing your brand.

Offers like "£250/year - however we will give you a year of free access to trial it"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...