The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entrepreneur with multiple failures now a real estate broker?

sa_ill

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 10, 2020
Right after graduating in 2009, I worked in the corporate sector for 3 years till I realised it is not for me.
I started a gaming website in 2011 that saw some mild success, but not enough to cover the bills.
I then found two investors to invest in a vaping business, that I led and grew for 2 years. Made good money here, but my country banned vaping so I had to shut the business down.

Now, I got bills to pay, a wife to take care of, and buy a home. But not much career prospects.
A cousin of mine has been killing it in real estate lately, selling mid to luxury apartments, penthouses and mansions. He has asked me to join him as a broker. He is more than happy to take me under his wing, we know each other since childhood.

I'm not sure. I'm 35 years old and don't know whether I can make it in the real estate industry. Is it fastlane? Will it help me reach my financial goals? I'm just not sure. I do know I have good inter-personal and sales skills, so maybe I can do good there.

Is being a real estate agent a good path for me ahead, especially at this point of my life?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sa_ill

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 10, 2020
Right after graduating in 2009, I worked in the corporate sector for 3 years till I realised it is not for me.
I started a gaming website in 2011 that saw some mild success, but not enough to cover the bills.
I then found two investors to invest in a vaping business, that I led and grew for 2 years. Made good money here, but my country banned vaping so I had to shut the business down.

Now, I got bills to pay, a wife to take care of, and buy a home. But not much career prospects.
A cousin of mine has been killing it in real estate lately, selling mid to luxury apartments, penthouses and mansions. He has asked me to join him as a broker. He is more than happy to take me under his wing, we know each other since childhood.

I'm not sure. I'm 35 years old and don't know whether I can make it in the real estate industry. Is it fastlane? Will it help me reach my financial goals? I'm just not sure. I do know I have good inter-personal and sales skills, so maybe I can do good there.

Is being a real estate agent a good path for me ahead, especially at this point of my life?
Anyone?

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
638%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ

Your question is too vague to offer any meaningful advice.

If you are asking whether you can find success in real estate - absolutely. There have been many before and there will be many after you who will do well (as noted by your example above).

Does this business and field fit the CENTS route? Maybe in some forms but not in others.

It's only up to you to decide if this is a path you want to pursue. No one on here knows your financial and family situation, how fast you need to get an income stream going, and your temperament, personality and interests.

To me real estate is also not a get rich quick scheme, so patience is required to see long term gains and profits.

Obviously there are many other areas you can branch out to from just selling property.

The question I can ask is what IS stopping you from going this route and giving it a shot? I'm sure you have evaluated many of the pros and cons involved moving forward?

Perhaps you can think about what it is exactly you are looking for, think about your situation and also approach the real estate forums to help guide you in the appropriate direction.

sa_ill

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 10, 2020
Your question is too vague to offer any meaningful advice.

If you are asking whether you can find success in real estate - absolutely. There have been many before and there will be many after you who will do well (as noted by your example above).

Does this business and field fit the CENTS route? Maybe in some forms but not in others.

It's only up to you to decide if this is a path you want to pursue. No one on here knows your financial and family situation, how fast you need to get an income stream going, and your temperament, personality and interests.

To me real estate is also not a get rich quick scheme, so patience is required to see long term gains and profits.

Obviously there are many other areas you can branch out to from just selling property.

The question I can ask is what IS stopping you from going this route and giving it a shot? I'm sure you have evaluated many of the pros and cons involved moving forward?

Perhaps you can think about what it is exactly you are looking for, think about your situation and also approach the real estate forums to help guide you in the appropriate direction.
Nothing is stopping me from entering this field. Since past 4 days I'm spending time at my cousin's office, tagging along with him for meetings, learning the basics. I think I can do good at this field if I persevere. I'm a good salesman, and empathy is one of my strengths.

The Pros are that the area I'm looking at is growing at a super fast pace, with multiple projects coming up, and many people moving in from all over the country. Second, most, if not all apartments we're looking at come in the luxury segment.

The Cons, the field is hyper-competitive. There is an endless line of brokers who're more than willing to crack a deal. The other Con is that what money I make here are time bound. I don't mind the time-boundedness at the moment though.

While I dont think this route perfectly fits the CENTS frameworks, but like you pointed out, we can make it work. It's not like I have much of a choice right now, this is the only viable avenue available to me at this moment.

What real estate forums are you talking about?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.