The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Freelance Copywriting Skype Group

SlowlaneJay

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Oct 25, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
Hey folks! I keep wanting to ask for thoughts on my copy. Sometimes I can't decide between two headlines and would love some feedback. Other times I have a great idea and would love to bounce it off someone.

Instead of starting a copywriting feedback thread (not really what this forum is about) I'd like to start an external copywriting group. There's a few kick a$$ copywriters on here I'd love to connect with, and there's also a handful of folks at the same point as me that I'd really like to meet.

Happy to help where I can, and learn new skills when I can't.

Anyone interested?

My idea for the group (so far; I'm open to suggestions):
  • Format
    • Group of folks connected through IM
    • Possible regular Skype call (perhaps once a week or once every two weeks)
  • Conversation
    • Feedback on copy
    • Suggestions for business-side of things (finding new clients, building your rep, etc.)
    • Improving our skills, suggestions for honing our writing abilities

PM me with your Skype name if you want in.

Disclaimer: I'm definitely, absolutely, hands down, not the best writer in the world. I'm seeing some success, but I've only been at this since April. This isn't about claiming any kind of "expertise" or offering mentorship, as I think I would be wholly unqualified to do so. I'd just like us to have a safe place to talk about our writing and connect with folks at similar stages in their own journeys.

FSbHBCg.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Count me in. We can talk about A/B testing and stuff, as well for our own products.

Brandon Parker

All or nothing
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 16, 2015
Anchorage, AK
Do you take beginner copywriters? I know the fundamentals and basics of persuasion, I just haven't launched my freelance career/get clients just yet. I am a fast learner and have been itching to launch my freelance career.

SlowlaneJay

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Oct 25, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
Hey @Brandon Parker, I'd like to keep it to full-time freelancers or folks who are already heavily time-invested in freelancing as a trade. The resources on this forum should be great for getting started. Have you followed through on any of these threads yet:

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandon Parker

All or nothing
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 16, 2015
Anchorage, AK
Hey @Brandon Parker, I'd like to keep it to full-time freelancers or folks who are already heavily time-invested in freelancing as a trade. The resources on this forum should be great for getting started. Have you followed through on any of these threads yet:

Yes, I followed both of Lex's threads. I learned a lot from them. I plan on going full time(40+ hours/wk) with freelancing and am probably good enough to apply to simple copy/content writing gigs already. I'll check out the last resources in the mean time, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

SamH

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 10, 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
Hey there.

Been lurking for quite a while and I've had success with some chump-change paid writing gigs...had some minor success with copy.

My Skype ID is samiradnah,add me to the group. I'm interested in this a lot.

BUT,

Recently I saw a blog post on some site explaining how you can charge more for your writing on Fiverr.com

So I read it and tried it out...

Incorporated some copy from books I've read into my gig description. Basically, order a $5 gig from me and we'll talk about what you want in your article/content. Then 250 words is $40, 100 words is $20.

So far I've had 1 order, and wrote copy for a guy's website. ( He actually hated that I made it sound like a TV commercial sales script. So I revised it and talked about his company with the copy in a calm manner and he liked it better...You live, you learn.) But it's more than I would make from just getting 5 dollars for banging out 500 words!

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is -- it's all about making sure you're reputable ( and copy really does help in convincing...Just think about everything you've ever bought!) . I guess I didn't mention I also had 40 5-star reviews, too, from doing boring 500 word mindless articles.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Skype Username: FormlessTMF

Hit a wall recently and might need some help from you guys.

Stardust

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jun 18, 2015
Got room for one more or are you maxed out?

I want to join your group and contribute. And learn a lot, of course.

fastattack03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 15, 2013
Guys if you have room for one more I'd love to join -- mattmatts03

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Room for one more? Regularly writing copy for clients these days and love to be able to bounce ideas about and hopefully give as much as I get from the group.

Skype id: groundedvertgo

thunder_god

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Aug 20, 2015
Is there any more room? I'm just starting out in copywriting and would love to learn from other members.

Ian O'Bryant

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Sep 4, 2015
Atlanta, Georgia
If you guys still have room I would love to sit in and listen. Really wanting to learn the insides of copywriting. Add me- obryant0159

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.