I have decided to become a freelance copywriter to learn useful business skills, gain some experience and start accumulating capital for future fast lane ventures.
What I’ve Done So Far
In addition to hand copying a whole bunch of advertisements, I have read and taken extensive notes on the following:
Cashvertising - Drew Eric Whitman
My Life in Advertising and Scientific Advertising - Claude Hopkins
AWAI's Accelerated Program For Six Figure Copywriting - Michael Masterson
Power Copywriting for the Internet - Bob Serling
Kick-a$$ Copywriting Secrets Of A Marketing Rebel - John Carlton
This has all been done over the past several months while studying at university. I’m finished for summer so that means I can pretty much dive into this full-time for about four months!
What I Plan To Do
- Keep up my education by going through the Gary Halbert 30 Day Challenge (at my own pace)
- Do one hour of hand copying per day from my swipe file of ad material
- Do around 5 pieces of copywriting for free to build a portfolio, get feedback and collect testimonials
- Build a website to take enquiries and showcase portfolio (domain is already registered)
- Use portfolio to market my services and find PAYING customers
Free Copywriting (Currently Accepting Projects!)
If anybody on the forum would like a piece of copywriting done then feel free to respond in the thread or PM me. I have attached an example of my writing. Any feedback or constructive criticism is very welcome.
Will update as progress continues. Thanks for reading!
What I’ve Done So Far
In addition to hand copying a whole bunch of advertisements, I have read and taken extensive notes on the following:
Cashvertising - Drew Eric Whitman
My Life in Advertising and Scientific Advertising - Claude Hopkins
AWAI's Accelerated Program For Six Figure Copywriting - Michael Masterson
Power Copywriting for the Internet - Bob Serling
Kick-a$$ Copywriting Secrets Of A Marketing Rebel - John Carlton
This has all been done over the past several months while studying at university. I’m finished for summer so that means I can pretty much dive into this full-time for about four months!
What I Plan To Do
- Keep up my education by going through the Gary Halbert 30 Day Challenge (at my own pace)
- Do one hour of hand copying per day from my swipe file of ad material
- Do around 5 pieces of copywriting for free to build a portfolio, get feedback and collect testimonials
- Build a website to take enquiries and showcase portfolio (domain is already registered)
- Use portfolio to market my services and find PAYING customers
Free Copywriting (Currently Accepting Projects!)
If anybody on the forum would like a piece of copywriting done then feel free to respond in the thread or PM me. I have attached an example of my writing. Any feedback or constructive criticism is very welcome.
Will update as progress continues. Thanks for reading!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Attachments
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
