The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Forum Members and Their Books!?

Learn how to build wealth and win financial freedom the Fastlane way!

Say "NO" to mediocre living rife with jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs who are making it happen.
Join for FREE Today
Get the books
Remove ads? Join Fastlane INSIDERS
(Registration removes this block)

Salama2017

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Sep 12, 2017
California
You can buy my book through my Marketplace thread, here: MARKETPLACE Walter Hay's Business Books I am in the process of changing the book name to:
LABELS THAT EXPLOIT
the Power of Psychology, Perceptions, and Emotions
.​

The new cover is still with the graphic artist, but the contents are the compete 2019 revision. There are full instructions on how to pay via PayPal to Imagemodeuk who handle my book sales for me.
Regards,
Walter
Thank you.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Hello all,
Please find the link to my book "The Retail Leader" which was recently released on Amazon. (should be on a free kindle promotion the next 4-5 days so I would appreciate any support to help ranking).

The book is about leadership in general and how to apply to retail, sales, and people management. Whether new to leadership or a tenured manager you will find something of use to you in your fastlane ventures in this book. Those of you who employ store managers, assistant managers, etc this is a great tool for training without holding hands.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I am posting to advise that I am working on a revision of my three books:

ProvenGlobalSourcing, but it won't be published until the Coronavirus epidemic has subsided.

This is due to the major changes that have occurred in the world economy. Here are some of the changes that I will be covering:
  • China's role as the world's factory.
  • Logistics in the Post-Covid world.
  • Sourcing locally.
  • Sourcing from countries not previously considered.
  • Changes to official shipping terms (INCOTERMS) and their importance to small importers.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I am also preparing a major revision of my Labeling book which I am re-naming: LabelsThatExploitThePowerOfPsychology,Perceptions,AndEmotions dealing with the use of Names, Slogans, Colors, Logos, Labels, and Packaging

This jargon-free, simple guide to the marketing psychology of successful branding will have more emphasis on its main focus, which is getting inside the heads of your prospective customers because marketing research shows that most buying decisions are based on emotion.

It will show how to get your prospective customers to tell you what they want to buy, based on their innermost feelings. With no questionnaires, no surveys, just some simple research combined with your logical thought processes. The answers are there, and finding them is not rocket science.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I am also making valuable additions to FRANCHISING YOUR WAY TO THE FASTLANE.

All 3 2021 editions will be available soon.

Walter

Last edited:

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I am posting to advise that I am working on a revision of my three books:

ProvenGlobalSourcing, but it won't be published until the Coronavirus epidemic has subsided.

This is due to the major changes that have occurred in the world economy. Here are some of the changes that I will be covering:
  • China's role as the world's factory.
  • Logistics in the Post-Covid world.
  • Sourcing locally.
  • Sourcing from countries not previously considered.
  • Changes to official shipping terms (INCOTERMS) and their importance to small importers.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I am also preparing a major revision of my Labeling book which I am re-naming: LabelsThatExploitThePowerOfPsychology,Perceptions,AndEmotions dealing with the use of Names, Slogans, Colors, Logos, Labels, and Packaging

This jargon-free, simple guide to the marketing psychology of successful branding will have more emphasis on its main focus, which is getting inside the heads of your prospective customers because marketing research shows that most buying decisions are based on emotion.

It will show how to get your prospective customers to tell you what they want to buy, based on their innermost feelings. With no questionnaires, no surveys, just some simple research combined with your logical thought processes. The answers are there, and finding them is not rocket science.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I am also making valuable additions to FRANCHISING YOUR WAY TO THE FASTLANE.

All 3 2021 editions will be available soon.

Walter
I am bumping this thread as a reminder to everyone that there are a number of members who have written valuable books that answer many of the needs of those trying to start and grow a business.

I suggest at least a quick browse from page 1 onwards might find just what is needed.

Walter

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
PROVENGLOBALSOURCING 2022 revision now available.
This is the 17th edition since I first published my book safe sourcing and easy importing in 2003. Two years were missed due to exceptional circumstances.

I am calling this my BREAKTHROUGH edition because after being asked by many members how to operate an import/export agency I have finally included that subject. I have written a guide explaining how a B2B Import/Export Agency works.

Over the past year numerous blogs have appeared purporting to teach how to make a fortune by trading internationally as an import/export agent, but the information is all provided FREE! In fact that price is what the information is worth.

There are paid courses to be found currently, one of which is a three year course costing just under $1500 per year. Another requires many hours (days) of study and costs about $1700. These fees are about 100 X the small increase in my book price - the first for 10 years.

All who have bought previous editions can receive a free copy of the 2022 edition. Just PM me and let me know when you bought it. My son-in-law who handles all my book sales is on vacation so sending the book to you via PM will be the quickest way for me to handle the volume.

New buyers should just follow the payment instructions in my Marketplace Offer. ( see in signature below.)

So that you know what is contained in the newes update here is a contents list with comments in italics.
CONTENTS
1. Avoid the risks in sourcing overseas. Scams, Misinformation, Ignorance of rules
2. Getting Started. Be prepared.
3. Rules And Regulations You Don’t Need To Learn. Security resulting from small payments to experts who know the rules.
4. Freight Explained And Scams Avoided. Learn to avoid the widespread increase in freight scams.
5. Import/Export Broker Business Courses. A hold-your-hand, step by step primer on how such a business operates, how to operate on both sides, importing and exporting, how to locate and approach sellers and buyers, guidance through the safe international payment system both ways, preventing the two parties from bypassing you to avoid paying your commissions……….
6. Standards - Learn the Rules? Or Ask Experts?
7. Safe Product Sourcing, Including Due Diligence. Carelessness can cost you plenty.
8. Global Sourcing Sites & Widening Your Horizons in a Changing World Scene. Source from genuine export sources in countries around the world.
9. How To Get Suppliers To Come To You. But don’t invite a blizzard of emails.
10. Assessing Suppliers – Safe? Reliable? Helpful? Ignore what B2B sites tell you. Avoid the smoke and mirrors.
11. Having products made to your design. Some cost factors to take into account.
12. Cultural And Language Differences. Don’t foul your nest. Avoid misunderstandings and build important relationships.
13. Vietnam The New China. The different business and social customs explained.
14. Samples And Small Orders – Buy Less Than MOQ. Tricks of the trade.
15. Calculating Actual Costs. The very latest rules can save US importers money.
16. Payment Terms. And safe payment procedures.
17. Traveling To Source Supplies. Tax free holidays? Don’t get lost and don’t get penalties.
18. Order Procedure And Checklist. Step by step so that you don’t miss anything.
19. Thousands Of Suppliers Chosen For You By Big Retailers. They know who to buy from.
20. “Just In Time” Ordering System. Even more important as logistics troubles mount.
21. Sources Of Free Information. Links for help, including helpful banks.
22. Fulfillment Services. Could help where warehouse space shortages exist.
23. Agents, Traders, Wholesalers – Definitions. Including which ones to avoid.
24. Manufacturers Not Wholesalers – Why? Cost and product availability.
25. Business Registration and Tax ID. Your business must meet some rules.
26. Buying Locally. Some importers are pretending to locally manufacture.
27. Capital Requirements For Importing. On a shoestring budget? Maybe….
28. Inspection Services. Don’t ignore their value.
29. Certificates. Beware Forgeries !
30. Minimum Order Quantities (MOQs), Haggling, and Discounts For Big Orders. Don’t haggle – it can result in poor quality products.
31. Quality. How to get good quality.
32. Public Holidays. Know when your supplier might shut down for days or weeks.
33. Glossary Of Terms. Understand the sourcing and importing jargon.
34. Incoterms. The very latest terms. Ignore them at your peril.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Must Read Books...

Explore books recommended by MJ DeMarco and other members of the Fastlane entrepreneurial community.
Fastlane Bookstore