The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FINALLY quit my high paying salary job to create, build and grow!!!

atmosphere13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jul 23, 2012
San Diego, CA
What's up fastlaners,

I have been lurking this forum for several years now after reading the The Millionaire Fastlane . I want to thank the fastlane forum community for being such a great resource to me on my journey. This forum is truly a gold mine and I can't believe its free.

Furthermore, I graduated college in 2012 from San Diego State University. I immediately got a job in a management position for a major retailer earning over $55k right out of college. It was like 1 week I walked and grabbed diploma then boom I was working full time. Very quick transition and I wouldn't advise anyone to do that. I would suggest taking some time off to really figure out what you want to do..traveling would of been perfect now that I think about it.

I was actually really happy to be working AT FIRST.. Going to work, making money and those damn bi-weekly paychecks became my new CRACK! I was a walking zombie everyday in the morning.. But every other Friday I got paid and paid more than I have ever been paid so all was good, or so I thought...

I soon found myself becoming unhappy, bored out of my mind and losing all conscious thought at work. Everyone around me was also unhappy but they seemed very content in staying there. I really believe in this quote by Jim Rohn, "you are the average of the 5 people you spend your time with". And the people around me were not who I want to become, but I was headed down that path.

They were all trying to climb the corporate ladder and get that next pay bump after pay bump. They were driving BMWs and Audis and living in luxury apartments by the beach. Robert Kiyosaki from Rich Dad Poor Dad would call this the "rat race". And I soon found myself in the middle of it all..what a mess.

Fast forward a year.

What really led to me quitting my job was how depressed I was really becoming. Here I am reading all of these entrepreneur books, attending marketing seminars and business meet ups and I was spending all of my time in a corporate machine. To top it off, all of my relationships were deteriorating and my girlfriend of two years had started to feel "disconnected" from the relationship. It was heart wrenching to lose her..

I was working so much and at the end of the day I really had to ask myself. Why am I doing this? What am I getting out of this? What am I going to do with these bi-weekly paychecks anyways... I don't want a BMW or an apartment on the beach, I want to do something that I want to do because it's making an impact in other people's lives. We live only once and I couldn't stand feeling like I a cog in this massive corporate juggernaut.

It was just 3 weeks ago when I walked into my bosses office and sat her down and said, "I have to move on to other opportunities". And she asked, "is there anything I can do better". I said, "no, i've just got some work to do and this isn't it". There's a pic below of my last day!

And that was that...I have since started a website Knowledge For Men | empowering men to live betterKnowledge For Men where I am writing content, marketing this content, and building relationships with future affiliate partners. I wake up everyday and love what i'm doing. In fact, getting up at 6am is what I want to do now because it means I get to put more work in. I actually work longer and harder on this website than I did in my corporate job but time just flies and I really find that I don't have enough hours in the day to do what I want to do :) I am learning so much and it's just super exciting to watch this community grow. It's been 3 weeks and I've already had some pretty cool wins:

- I wrote an article that has over 80,000 views in less than 3 weeks: The 13 Lessons You Need to Learn in Your 20's to Discover YourselfKnowledge For Men
- I got the attention of a milliionaire real estate investor/entrepreneur who wants to partner up. He has been advising for free lately.
- I am about to launch a 30 Day Challenge where I approach 10 girls a day. It's about facing your fears head on. I'm testing some viral marketing methods with this...
- I have received such great feedback from the community about how some of my articles are "changing lives" and asking how they can help support the site and it's future growth.

All in all, I want to say thank you to this community for playing such a critical role in my development.

.970121_10200202136647133_1818576609_n.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
GREAT Story! I really enjoyed reading it, and that picture at the end with a big grin on your face is the icing on the cake. Anyone can look at that photo and say without hesitation that you made the right decision.

I'm going to browse your website right now and I will surely provide my feedback and thoughts.

I think it's really wonderful how you enjoy what you are doing and how you don't loathe waking up because you know it's for something you love.

I look forward to seeing further posts from you and hearing how your business has thrived!

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Care to share your background in terms of wealth and how much of your idea you had put together before you quit? Ie, did you have your idea, already have it launched, six months of expenses, etc...or did you just up and quit when you realized that isn't what you wanted to do? Congrats btw!

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
LOL you went Hulk Hogan on your last day of work brother!

:) Congratz enjoy your freedom!

YOLO

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
good luck. you are at the right age to go for it...

LeftBench

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Jul 16, 2013
NJ
Awesome post. Best of luck, you've got a great outlook and mind set.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
I find your blog entries/site posts's titles to be very attention grabbing. Its kind of hard not to read what the article holds, simply because a reader might feel like he/she is missing out on a "secret" if they don't read it. I wish you luck!

Danny G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
May 10, 2011
Bulgaria
I want to do something that I want to do because it's making an impact in other people's lives.

I've got same feeling as well! Superb story for sure! I like your website as well! I hope you get more 80/90K views and make more impact in people's life!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.