The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Figuring Out YouTube

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Video 6 is up!
  • It was raining so I did this in the wife's car.
  • Our 10yo said I should use my hands more.
  • My wife said I'm speaking quite aggressively... not how I normally speak. I'll work on that.
  • I'm trying to standardise the size and position of the captions so I have a simple SOP going forward. That was the most time consuming part for this video.

On YouTube:

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/LWPSF3gVUJ4

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
Video 6 is up!
  • It was raining so I did this in the wife's car.
  • Our 10yo said I should use my hands more.
  • My wife said I'm speaking quite aggressively... not how I normally speak. I'll work on that.
  • I'm trying to standardise the size and position of the captions so I have a simple SOP going forward. That was the most time consuming part for this video.

On YouTube:

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/LWPSF3gVUJ4
I don't know if I would describe it as agressive but is was fast paced. To me it seemed a little robotic and it sounded like you were reading a script. I think the script sounded like a written script rather than how you might speak to someone.

Did you write the script by typing it?

If you did, try dictating rather than typing, just as if you were talking to someone opposie. You'll find you might use the same words but you'll change the order you use them and it comes across more naturally. I use Dragon Naturally speaking software but there's dictation built into Word or Apple Pages that seems pretty good (if you train it).

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I don't know if I would describe it as agressive but is was fast paced. To me it seemed a little robotic and it sounded like you were reading a script. I think the script sounded like a written script rather than how you might speak to someone.

Did you write the script by typing it?

If you did, try dictating rather than typing, just as if you were talking to someone opposie. You'll find you might use the same words but you'll change the order you use them and it comes across more naturally. I use Dragon Naturally speaking software but there's dictation built into Word or Apple Pages that seems pretty good (if you train it).
Yeah, I took something written and tweaked it. It does sound like I'm reading a script even though I might not look like I'm reading it. I think I'm rushing it because of the speed of the teleprompter, and subconsciously trying to keep it as short as possible. It's lost my normal on-screen personality. Making it more natural is what I want to figure out next.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Video 7 is up!
  • I took this forum thread that resonates with people and turned it into a 34 second video.
  • I tried to turn into a short a few months ago using stock b-roll footage but it was cr@ap.
  • I added it to the opening post in that thread to help folks who find that thread. It will be interesting if that drives a trickle of views over the years to come, and what effect that will have on that video and my YouTube channel.
  • I did a lot of takes trying to adjust the speed of the teleprompter and add a bit more energy.
  • I find it easier to record in the car. I don't have to worry about kids coming out to give me a thumbs-up when I'm recording in the garden (bless), or sounds of cars etc intruding in the background.
  • I think I move my hand too much and will change it for next time. If you gesture all the time then it means nothing.
  • I'm getting better with Descript captioning.
  • I created a first frame that I could use as the cover/thumbnail for TikTok (thanks @BigRomeDawg for that tip). This took AGES to figure out with Descript, but now I know. EDIT: I can't make it work properly. Reuploaded without a first frame and selected a clip in the video as the cover.
  • I dropped the CTA at the end of the video for now. It would be tedious to listen to for regular viewers, and I'd rather people watched, followed, shared, liked because they like the content and want to take those actions.
  • I think a better CTA for a video would be to tell people to check out the pinned comment / description to learn more or for something specific.
  • I posted to TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Facebook at about 22:30pm GMT on Sunday 04-Sep-22.

TikTok Cover
  • It's great when the first frame is automatically selected as the TikTok cover.
  • The cover isn't important in people's feed, but I'd like my back catalogue to be consistent and organised.
  • Yes, I'm sticking to the same black hoodie. I want something plain black so white captions are easy to read, and I want to be consistent.

2022-09-04_23-05-52.png

YouTube thumbnails:
  • I upload them but YouTube seems to ignore them!
2022-09-04_23-56-57.png

Here's the video on YouTube:

View: https://youtu.be/bVydKMkGj-E

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Video 8 is up!
  • I'm determined not to break my one-a-day streak.
  • This felt easy to do.
  • I dropped the kids to school, went to the local "lakes" and wrote this up in the teleprompter, recorded it a few times, then edited and sliced it all together in Descript.
  • I've gone with simple captions.

I've just noticed today is exactly 3 years to the day since I started this YouTube progress thread.
  • I had an earlier progress thread way back in 2015 here!
  • My first ever video was published on YouTube on 12-Jan-2016 and I quite enjoyed my little Snapchats walking along the canal (an example is here).

My first video (2mins long and thanking @Lex DeVille):

View: https://youtu.be/mUs5Gowvnhc

Here's my videos from 6 years ago.
  • Note how they were all vertical videos back then.
  • Imagine where I'd be if I'd done a video a day for the last 6 years?

2022-09-05_15-44-39.png

Here's my latest videos:

2022-09-05_15-46-45.png

I'm delighted with video 8. I feel I've finally found a way to create videos that have the same conversational nature as I used to create, aren't as rambling, and are frictionless and fun to create. I can see me creating these easily, and daily.

Video 8 on YouTube:

• This is the first thumbnail that's the hook, while the title of the video is different.
  • I took a genuine still from the video.
View: https://youtube.com/shorts/u23yUzkGP4c?feature=share

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
Video 8 is up!
  • I'm determined not to break my one-a-day streak.
  • This felt easy to do.
  • I dropped the kids to school, went to the local "lakes" and wrote this up in the teleprompter, recorded it a few times, then edited and sliced it all together in Descript.
  • I've gone with simple captions.

I've just noticed today is exactly 3 years to the day since I started this YouTube progress thread.
  • I had an earlier progress thread way back in 2015 here!
  • My first ever video was published on YouTube on 12-Jan-2016 and I quite enjoyed my little Snapchats walking along the canal (an example is here).

My first video (2mins long and thanking @Lex DeVille):

View: https://youtu.be/mUs5Gowvnhc

Here's my videos from 6 years ago.
  • Note how they were all vertical videos back then.
  • Imagine where I'd be if I'd done a video a day for the last 6 years?

View attachment 45053

Here's my latest videos:

View attachment 45054

I'm delighted with video 8. I feel I've finally found a way to create videos that have the same conversational nature as I used to create, aren't as rambling, and are frictionless and fun to create. I can see me creating these easily, and daily.

Video 8 on YouTube:

• This is the first thumbnail that's the hook, while the title of the video is different.
  • I took a genuine still from the video.
View: https://youtube.com/shorts/u23yUzkGP4c?feature=share
I can already see the improvement in your short videos even after a week. I think the pacing is good and Video 8 was easy to follow. Video 7 felt like it just had too much information, but that could be the impression the numbered captions created.
It's great to hear you have nailed the process for creating the videos. I hope your stats are responding to the regular postings.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I can already see the improvement in your short videos even after a week. I think the pacing is good and Video 8 was easy to follow. Video 7 felt like it just had too much information, but that could be the impression the numbered captions created.
It's great to hear you have nailed the process for creating the videos. I hope your stats are responding to the regular postings.
Yeah, I thought there was too much info for 7 as well. I'll try keep to 15s.

Viewers on TikTok and YouTube Shorts are mostly people who don't know you, so we have to treat video as the first and only chance to get them interested in our content.

Views etc are level. I need to up my retention next.

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
One of my most knowledgeable YouTube friends won't give anybody advice until they've created 50 videos. The discussion was about long-form. I'd expect it to 2-3x it for shorts. His philosophy is to get those first 50-150 out as fast as possible with little thought to optimization. THEN look back and see what worked, what didn't, and what you can do better. Food for thought for anyone who's sitting on their laurels, not posting, and overthinking. If you weren't posting daily, @Andy Black , this is around the time I'd start blasting you :D Great job posting daily content.

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
Yeah, I thought there was too much info for 7 as well. I'll try keep to 15s.

Viewers on TikTok and YouTube Shorts are mostly people who don't know you, so we have to treat video as the first and only chance to get them interested in our content.

Views etc are level. I need to up my retention next.
Forgive me if you already mentioned this, I haven't read the whole thread.

What are your goals for the videos?

Do views/retention even matter?

The dude I mentioned above gives 0 attention to stats. He generates a disgusting amount of business with a fairly small channel. If you judged his channel purely on views, you wouldn't be super impressed. And if HE judged his channel purely on views, he might change his content up in a way that inadvertently sells less, attracts the wrong audience (his niche is very small and specific), etc.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
One of my most knowledgeable YouTube friends won't give anybody advice until they've created 50 videos. The discussion was about long-form. I'd expect it to 2-3x it for shorts. His philosophy is to get those first 50-150 out as fast as possible with little thought to optimization. THEN look back and see what worked, what didn't, and what you can do better. Food for thought for anyone who's sitting on their laurels, not posting, and overthinking. If you weren't posting daily, @Andy Black , this is around the time I'd start blasting you :D Great job posting daily content.
Thanks.

I guess he isn't recommending people upload 50-150 videos without trying to improve as they go?

I've taken on board feedback about not being natural, sounding like I'm reading from a script, maybe too fast-paced, that some people missed my Snapchat walks along a canal, etc.

I guess he means to not pay too much attention to metrics, and to stay on topic for the channel?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Forgive me if you already mentioned this, I haven't read the whole thread.

What are your goals for the videos?

Do views/retention even matter?

The dude I mentioned above gives 0 attention to stats. He generates a disgusting amount of business with a fairly small channel. If you judged his channel purely on views, you wouldn't be super impressed. And if HE judged his channel purely on views, he might change his content up in a way that inadvertently sells less, attracts the wrong audience (his niche is very small and specific), etc.
Great question!

I have no monetary goals doing videos.

I'm not creating videos to get Google Ads clients or sell Google Ads courses.

I'd like to get better at creating videos that help people, and getting those videos in front of people they can help.

I've been helping people in this forum daily and without monetary goals since 2014. I've nearly 400 threads, 15k posts, and 3k PMs. It's something I can't NOT do.

I repeat the same few messages over and over because they help people with the same evergreen problems. I'd like to get those messages in front of more people today, and continue doing so when I stop posting.

I tried posting to Twitter and LinkedIn but that was mostly to tumbleweeds and content disappears off the feed. TikTok and YouTube has the potential to reach waaay more people, and for years to come.

I'd also like to create video my kids and future grandkids can watch in decades to come. I'm preserving little bits of wisdom I've picked up over the years in a time capsule.

Would I sell paid newsletters, courses, or something else later? Sure, if folks asked for them or I thought doing so would help more people and help people more.

Later on I'd like to test putting ad spend behind videos that seem to do particularly well organically ... so they help more people daily without me having to be on a content treadmill. I'd need to generate revenue to be able run ads to be help more people. (Help people. Get paid. Help more people.)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've uploaded 3 super short videos to TikTok and YouTube Shorts today. One is published, the other two are unlisted.

I'll post one (the first) to LinkedIn and my Facebook page.

Video 9
  • 8 seconds.
  • Initially posted at 11:30am GMT Tue 06-Sep-22.
View: https://youtube.com/shorts/iv5A7xUVzag?feature=share

Video 10
  • 10 seconds.
  • Will make public at 8pm this evening.
View: https://youtube.com/shorts/LfLCIpos9rs?feature=share

Video 11
  • 6 seconds.
  • Will make public at 8am tomorrow.
View: https://youtube.com/shorts/0hA7ly2nDFg?feature=share

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Interesting YouTube observation:
  • It seems the time you publish YouTube Shorts makes a big difference.
  • The second listed was posted at 11:30am GMT. The first listed was posted at 8pm GMT.
  • I'll test this by taking down the second video in the list and publishing again this evening.
  • The other highlighted video below was late at night I think too.
  • Going forward I'll note the times I publish.

1662549420232.png

View count for the same two videos on TikTok:
  • Posted at the same time as the two YouTube Shorts.
  • Most viewers are in the UK or Ireland.

1662549489490.png

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
It seems the time you publish YouTube Shorts makes a big difference
It's the same for the full-length videos as well. I've had my traffic half just by publishing an hour earlier than I usually do.

If you go into the Analytics section of YT Studio and then click on the Audience tab, you will find a heat map a little way down the page. It shows the times and days when your audience is most active on YouTube. You need to appeal to them as a priority because if they don't watch YouTube isn't going to push you to new people. Get a positive reaction from your existing subscribers and YouTube promotes you to new people.

Great short videos by the way. A single, simple message and I think you got the tone of voice and pace spot on (for me at least).

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
1) Republishing "Stop Calling It Traffic" at 10pm GMT on YouTube didn't make a difference to views. Maybe it's just not as appealing a video to whoever YouTube put it in front of, or maybe it can detect it's the same video even though I made a tiny change?

Regardless, going forward I'll publish to YouTube at 11pm and around noon on all other platforms.

2) I've started on Instagram. I couldn't even figure out how to change my profile picture on Snapchat so dropped that. I changed my password on Twitter to something I don't know so I'm not tempted to go near it (other than to look at old tweets I did that could be turned into video).

3) I've been a bit taken aback by the number of people who've messaged saying they've seen the videos -even though they've not engaged with them. Keep plugging away, people notice.

4) I feel I'm a bit behind on other work, but knew this was necessary to get this moving. It's 10:45am and I've not created today's video so I'd better go do that.

5) I'll just do one video a day for now. I was getting confused trying to post differently to different platforms. Plus if I batch up 2-3 a day then I can create a bank and publish something when I'm too busy to create that day.

6) Yesterday's video (video 12) that was scheduled for 11pm GMT. I posted at noon I think on TikTok, LinkedIn, my Facebook page, and my empty Instagram account (that seems to have 100+ followers already... I must have been figuring out Instagram a while ago).

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/Cr-wWbcPKJY?feature=share

7) A few people even asked how to get started doing talking head videos, so I posted this to LinkedIn and Facebook this morning:

Friends have asked how to create short talking head videos. I've braindumped below.

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you want me to create a video going into more detail.

---

WHY DAILY SHORTS:

Creating shorter videos makes it easier to put the reps in.

Don't batch it up initially because you'll be rapidly learning and adjusting.

Consider creating, editing, and publishing once a day.

Find a daily rhythm where you review yesterday's video and create, edit, and publish today's video.

YouTube Shorts are vertical videos under 60s - they've a lot more reach at the moment than normal YouTube videos.

MY CURRENT PROCESS:

Help one person and keep them in mind when you speak.

The best camera is the one in your pocket. Use your phone, it's better than your webcam.

Improve audio by using your headphones. If it's wired then tuck it into your top instead of dangling it from your ear.

Consider a cheap lapel mic. I'm using a Movo PM10.

Try to keep under 15s. Most viewers on TikTok and YouTube Shorts won't know you. Viewers on Facebook and LinkedIn will likely already know you, but still try to keep it short. Asking people to watch even just 60s of you talking is an ASK. Tutorials can be longer.

Wear something without large writing or patterns so the captions are easier to read. I'm wearing a black hoodie as I can throw it over whatever I'm wearing,

Stop "clearing your throat" saying things like "Hey guys" or "In this video you're going to learn ...".

Start as close to the end as possible, and learn about hooks.

Hook in 3s if you can.

Try to look at the lens or near the lens so it looks like your looking directly at the viewer.

A teleprompter will help, although takes a bit of getting used to. I use the Speechway teleprompter app - it's free and allows me to resize and move the text below my lens.

Try to say max 7 words at a time as that's where you can make cuts.

E.g. "Whenever I struggle in business or creating short videos I remember a line by Mother Theresa" could be delivered as:

"Whenever I struggle in business"
"or creating short videos"
"I remember a line by Mother Theresa"

Do a take the whole way through from one location, redoing sentences if you're not happy with them. Then move or turn and repeat. Do multiple takes end to end with different backdrops. You'll get smoother and more natural, you'll have options to choose from when editing, and you can use different backgrounds for different phrases to keep people engaged.

Upload the file(s) to a Google Drive folder created specifically for that video.

Download from Google Drive to your PC. (You now have a backup of your raw files on Google Drive.)

Import your video clips into Descript and transcribe. Descript allows you to edit the transcription to edit the video.

Add fancy captions. Everyone seems to be using "The Big Font". Google it and download then install.

Export and publish.

Time of day matters and could be different per platform.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
I've been a bit taken aback by the number of people who've messaged saying they've seen the videos -even though they've not engaged with them.
Do people engage with shorts the same? All the platforms seem to be designed to keep you scrolling. Maybe there's a way to hook them into watching your longer content towards the end of a short. It might be worth testing some time.
I'm hooked on your shorts by the way. I keep watching for them on YT.

EarlOfChina

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jul 8, 2017
UK
DEFO v excited by this thread.

What software are you using to add your captions?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Do people engage with shorts the same? All the platforms seem to be designed to keep you scrolling. Maybe there's a way to hook them into watching your longer content towards the end of a short. It might be worth testing some time.
At the moment I prefer to create videos that don't link or direct people anywhere. I tried a CTA at the end ("Follow for more daily tips ...") but didn't like watching it back. I want the video tip to be clean and to loop slightly. I think when you have a CTA people know it's ended and are more likely to hop out.

I've started getting more daily subscribers on YouTube. Not a lot, but the content is doing it's job of getting me and my messages in front of more people and allowing those interested enough to subscribe.

Ooo. That's so cool! Thanks for that feedback. It's inspired me to get today's video done - once I've peeled potatoes.

DEFO v excited by this thread.
Thanks!

What software are you using to add your captions?
I'm doing it in Descript. I must do a video about how I'm creating videos. Quite a lot of people have asked about the captions etc.

EarlOfChina

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jul 8, 2017
UK
I must do a video about how I'm creating videos. Quite a lot of people have asked about the captions etc.
I honestly think this would be a massive win!

Just dropped you a WhatsApp btw - be great to reconnect

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
Love the persistency Andy, do you watch any mr beast interviews?
He gives gold advice on broadening the topic to other audiences to boost exposure thus increasing the amount of actual interested people you’re trying to reach.
Lots of amazing stories about how accountants, trade workers, and other boring businesses explode by asking someone who isn’t in the trade to see what kind of questions they want answered and what seems interesting to them that to a professional might totally seem as generic and boring.

EarlOfChina

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jul 8, 2017
UK
Lots of amazing stories about how accountants, trade workers, and other boring businesses explode by asking someone who isn’t in the trade to see what kind of questions they want answered and what seems interesting to them that to a professional might totally seem as generic and boring.

This is not as a piece of content, right? They just ask someone they know, etc?

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
This is not as a piece of content, right? They just ask someone they know, etc?
Yes, the case study is done outside of the piece of content. MrBeast and many successful content creators always spend 5x more effort and time into researching their next topic, thumbnail, title, hook, etc.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Love the persistency Andy, do you watch any mr beast interviews?
He gives gold advice on broadening the topic to other audiences to boost exposure thus increasing the amount of actual interested people you’re trying to reach.
Yeah, I'm broadening outside of just Google Ads content. At the moment I'm more interested in creating a time capsule of things I say again and again. I want to be able to link people to a nugget rather than repeat myself. I'd also like my kids to find and go through these.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I forgot to ask why you're hooked. Are you watching to see the progression, and/or to hear what I say next?

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
I forgot to ask why you're hooked. Are you watching to see the progression, and/or to hear what I say next?
I'm waiting to see what you say in the next video. These are great nuggets of information that are easy to consume. It's not that they are always new but that they are great reminders. I'm also finding the fast pace easier to live with now and the teleprompter style of captions keeps me reading and watching.

Are you creating thumbnails for YouTube or is YouTube taking the first frame as the thumbnail? I only ask because your library of shorts videos has a nice consistent look.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Can you screenshot what my library of shorts looks like? I create thumbnails but they only seem to show up when I link to videos in the forum etc.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
Can you screenshot what my library of shorts looks like? I create thumbnails but they only seem to show up when I link to videos in the forum etc.
I did a scrolling screen capture of the Home page and Videos page. It shows more than what fits on the screen but will give you a better idea of how it looks.

2022-09-09_20-24-36.jpg

2022-09-09_20-23-57.jpg

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I did a scrolling screen capture of the Home page and Videos page. It shows more than what fits on the screen but will give you a better idea of how it looks.

View attachment 45095

View attachment 45096
Those are random frames in the videos. I upload thumbnails where the caption is larger and the title of the video. YouTube seems to ignore them when you see the videos on my channel, which is annoying. You can see those thumbnails when I link to the videos in this thread though.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
Thos are random frames in the videos. I upload thumbnails where the caption is larger and the title of the video. YouTube seems to ignore them when you see the videos on my channel, which is annoying. You can see those thumbnails when I link to the videos in this thread though.
Now you've said that I can see.
Just did a search in the YouTube help and there seem to be quite a few threads about it like this one

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.