The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fight Club & Nietzsche: Unscripted Doctrines

Anything related to matters of the mind

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
The YouTube algorithm strikes again.
I'm just going to drop this here because I found it enlightening. Am I the only one that sees a parallel between Nietzsche's Ubermensch and the Unscripted philosophy?
The call to stop toiling away at your meaningless slave wage job and actually sacrifice your time and possibly your reputation (and suffer the resentment from the everyman) to pursue a higher purpose? I watched this thing and thought: "this should be required viewing in every high school Social Studies class."

If you were ever wondering why you should go Unscripted , this video spells out the reason. If you don't pursue it, be prepared to become completely mediocre, lazy, and obedient.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, that was really good, watched the whole 25 minutes.

Makes me want to watch Fight Club again. When I watched it the first time, I remember I didn't really like the movie, just thought it was OK. But then again, I tend to revisit old movies that I didn't care for and end up really liking them. I'm guessing Fight Club will take on a new meaning for me since it is has so many Unscripted elements.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
I love that this is being shared here. Don't sleep on this video nor Fight Club.

Also, Nietzsche's "Amor Fati" is the most empowering stuff ever for those who have had it rough in life. Rougher than most, at least:

“My formula for greatness in a human being is a is amor fati: that one wants nothing to be different, not forward, not backward, not in all eternity. Not merely bear what is necessary, still less conceal it … but love it.” -Nietzsche

I can't quite remember if this was already mentioned in the video above, but Nietzsche spent like half of his life bedridden. At a certain point, he found meaning and purpose in his suffering, and thus "Amor Fati" was born i.e "Love Fate".

IIRC, he believed that great men are destined to suffer through life and that the truly worthy ones simply accept, even find comfort in their fates, and press on until the end.

Last edited:

Bojko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Nov 15, 2016
Isn't Fightclub the film from which the legendary phrases:

“We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like.”​

and
The things you own end up owning you.

originated from? Crazy to think that possession of objects keeps people trapped in their day jobs...

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Love Nietzshe. He was inspired by Spinoza. Read Ethics by Spinoza if you want your mind blown.

“although these intervals were at first rare, and of very short duration, yet afterwards, as the true good became more and more discernible to me, they became more frequent and more lasting.”

Kind of like the power of now and the untethered soul. Or as Plato put it, our body and its experiences is like a massive weight on our soul. Read Plato poetically or else your mind will be highly resistant to it.

KenDunlop

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Apr 3, 2021
Isn't Fightclub the film from which the legendary phrases:

“We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like.”​

and
The things you own end up owning you.

originated from? Crazy to think that possession of objects keeps people trapped in their day jobs...
Those ideas from Fight Club were part of my inspiration for getting rid of a load of the old crap I owned. I didn't burn down my apartment like The Narrator does in Fight Club, but I did take a look at my possessions and think about whether they were really giving me any benefit.
I've also started saving a substantial amount from my paycheque each month rather than 'buying things I don't need'.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Found this in a book, thought it *might* be relevant to the convo..

We come now to a third difference with Darwin. While both Darwin and Nietzsche considered different moralities to have arisen as after effects of the struggle to survive, Nietzsche divides them into two essential kinds, the morality of the fit and the unfit, the aristocrat and the democrat, “master morality and slave morality.”

Master morality is natural morality, built upon the natural ascendancy of the more fit over the less fit, the stronger over the weaker, better over the worse. For the natural master, the natural aristocrat, there is no opposition of good and evil; he divides things between “‘noble’ and ‘contemptible,’” master-like and slave-like. Whatever is strong and great is good, whatever is weak and trivial is bad. In contrast, slave morality is the attempt by the weaker to protect themselves from the stronger, to endure their sorry lot, and to make themselves as comfortable as possible: Suppose the violated, oppressed, suffering, unfree, who are uncertain of themselves and weary, moralize: what will their moral valuations have in common ? . . . The slave’s eye is not favorable to the virtues of the powerful: he is skeptical and suspicious, subtly suspicious, of all the “good” that is honored there [by the aristocrat]—he would like to persuade himself that even their happiness is not genuine. Conversely, [in slave morality] those qualities are brought out and flooded with light which serve to ease existence for those who suffer: here pity, the complaisant and obliging hand, the warm heart, patience, industry, humility, and friendliness are honored—for here these are the most useful qualities and almost the only means for enduring existence [for the slave].

Slave morality is essentially a morality of utility. Here we cannot help but recognize that the “virtues” of slave morality bear a striking resemblance to virtues honored by Christianity. This also brings us, at last, to the core of Nietzsche’s atheism. Nietzsche considered Christianity to be (at least in certain respects) a species of slave morality, and hence a cause of the West’s degradation.

In focusing God’s love on the weak, the least, the slaves, the poor, Christian charity has worked

“to preserve all that was sick and that suffered—which means, in fact and in truth, to worsen the European race.”Christianity has been the most calamitous kind of arrogance yet. Men, not high and hard enough to have any right to form man as artists; men, not strong and farsighted enough to let the foreground law of thousandfold failure and ruin prevail, though it cost them sublime self-conquest; men, not noble enough to see the abysmally different order of rank, chasm of rank, between man and man—such men have so far held sway over the fate of Europe, with their “equal before God,” until finally a smaller, almost ridiculous type, a herd animal, something eager to please, sickly, and mediocre has been bred, the European of today.”

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI

Makes me want to watch Fight Club again. When I watched it the first time, I remember I didn't really like the movie, just thought it was OK. But then again, I tend to revisit old movies that I didn't care for and end up really liking them. I'm guessing Fight Club will take on a new meaning for me since it is has so many Unscripted elements.
I know. That YouTube guy has got some great skills.
I watched Fight Club again a year ago and liked it more than the first time I watched it. I got a lot more out of it too.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI

I would also say that the main difference between Fight Club and Unscripted philosophy is that Tyler wants to tear it all down, while Unscripted is about learning the game and then creating your own rules, and building things better.

One model tears things down, the other builds.

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
I love that this is being shared here. Don't sleep on this video nor Fight Club.

Also, Nietzsche's "Amor Fati" is the most empowering stuff ever for those who have had it rough in life. Rougher than most, at least:

“My formula for greatness in a human being is a is amor fati: that one wants nothing to be different, not forward, not backward, not in all eternity. Not merely bear what is necessary, still less conceal it … but love it.” -Nietzsche

I can't quite remember if this was already mentioned in the video above, but Nietzsche spent like half of his life bedridden. At a certain point, he found meaning and purpose in his suffering, and thus "Amor Fati" was born i.e "Love Fate".

IIRC, he believed that great men are destined to suffer through life and that the truly worthy ones simply accept, even find comfort in their fates, and press on until the end.
Itt's good to accept cimcumstances as they are, because itmakes you more lucid and flexible, ad also it saves You a ton of mental energies.

I think that mental suffering is a choice most of the time tho.

Everybody wants to feel "unique" , and " special", when in fact identifyng yourself with your past is just a justification to keep behaving the same way, when in fact changing thoughts and habits is just as mechanical as , for example, walking or breathing ( by the way, I overcomed many of my anxiety with breathing tecqniques).

Emotions have just as phisical manifestation as everything we have, so we can manipulate them as we wish.

This is my opinion of course,

what do You think? :)

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Itt's good to accept cimcumstances as they are, because itmakes you more lucid and flexible, ad also it saves You a ton of mental energies.

I think that mental suffering is a choice most of the time tho.

Everybody wants to feel "unique" , and " special", when in fact identifyng yourself with your past is just a justification to keep behaving the same way, when in fact changing thoughts and habits is just as mechanical as , for example, walking or breathing ( by the way, I overcomed many of my anxiety with breathing tecqniques).

Emotions have just as phisical manifestation as everything we have, so we can manipulate them as we wish.

This is my opinion of course,

what do You think? :)

I think you're right.

xShepherdx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
Apr 11, 2022
Idaho
Dang, what a good video. Thanks for sharing!

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Dang, what a good video. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks, I'm glad you got something out of it, I thought it was worth sharing.

I just watched it again. Haven't seen it since I posted. It still stands up.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI

I think his philosophy was definitely informed by his condition. To dream of becoming that archetype.

Funny, but I just heard Mike Tyson talk about the "beautiful struggle" in bearing the weight and responsibility of greatness. He's struggled with it his whole life. Jordan Peterson talks about his concept that men need to bear responsibility in order to create meaning in their lives.

In short: CARRY THE DAMN LOAD. If you can get to the level of loving it, then you become unlike everyone else.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.