The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FEEDBACK PLEASE!

DianeLeanne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Sep 10, 2019
Hi Guys! I am Diane. I am currently working with a new canvas site. As of the moment, I am polishing the site and I need more feedback from you. Can anyone suggest/advice of the design & user experience in individual perspective. It’d be great to receive your expert feedback on this website. Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey Diane,

First of all: What a great website!

I really liked it a lot.

Some recommendations (although you should deffinetly test it and not take my word on it):

- The about page is kind of hidden, try making it more accessible
- There is no phone number to contact you, only a contact form? I'd imagine some customers prefer to call rather than wait for a reply email or text.
- The blog is also kind of hidden, just like the About page. When I clicked it, it seemed quite big, I think you should show it off rather than hide it in the "quick links" at the bottom.

Hope it helps!

Best
Champion

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Thinking out loud here...

• I'm kinda conflicted about your name. I get it, but it's almost too selley for me. What if I want a canvases that make me angry or sad? Then I'd be put off. I realize it's hard to change, but just putting it out there.
  • Your main menu has 14 options. WAY too many. Put them into sub menus so I don't have to be hit by so many options.
  • When I read 'Stunning Canvas Prints' I think, Who cares? Doesn't everyone say that? I'd rather see why I want canvas prints or how they're going to help me.
    • How about "Bring your room to life with our stunning canvas prints"
  • The 'blah blah just purchased' pop up in the bottom left is spammy. Makes me think this is a dropshipping shopify site, not a real brand.
  • I like that you have a featured categories section as soon as I scroll down.
  • "Take your pick of canvas wall arts from our large selection of best-selling categories." is extremely ho hum. No crap I can take my pick. Sell me better.
    • 'Find the right canvas to fit the atmosphere of your room and bring it all together' as an example.
  • "Canvas Wall Art" ...aren't all canvases wall art? Confused
  • "You name it. We have it. From classic art prints to wall art of your fave movie characters" Why are you making me name it? Too much work. You're making me think. I don't like to think.
    • How about something more like "From Darth Vader to Elsa, and Monet to the American Flag, we have classic art prints and wall art of your favorite characters".
  • "Cheaper, but it’s better than ever. We have canvas wall arts sold at reasonably low prices." I hate the word cheap. Cheap is what I find at the flea market, and that's not good enough for my not-cheap life.
    • How about "You won't believe our prices!"
  • The black text for "Superb quality prints" is hard to read on the purple of Free Shipping.
  • "Terrible isn’t a word for our canvas prints. Each piece of wall art is printed in stunning high-definition; made from waterproof cotton and built with sturdy easy-to-mount wooden frames" When you say 'terrible isn't', I immediately associate you with terrible lol.
    • How about something more like "Our canvases are printed in stunning high-definition that look great even up close. Made from waterproof cotton and built with sturdy easy-to-mount wooden frames, our canvases will work great in any environment and are quick to install too".
Hope that helps...sorry for ripping up your copy!

DianeLeanne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Sep 10, 2019
Hey Diane,

I really liked it a lot.

Some recommendations (although you should deffinetly test it and not take my word on it):

- There is no phone number to contact you, only a contact form? I'd imagine some customers prefer to call rather than wait for a reply email or text.
- The blog is also kind of hidden, just like the About page. When I clicked it, it seemed quite big, I think you should show it off rather than hide it in the "quick links" at the bottom.

Hope it helps!

Best
Champion
Hey Diane,

I really liked it a lot.

Hope it helps!

Best
Champion
Yay! Thanks for this feedback.For the blog and about page, we'll try to add it on the nav.

DianeLeanne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Sep 10, 2019
Thinking out loud here...

• I'm kinda conflicted about your name. I get it, but it's almost too selley for me. What if I want a canvases that make me angry or sad? Then I'd be put off. I realize it's hard to change, but just putting it out there.
  • Your main menu has 14 options. WAY too many. Put them into sub menus so I don't have to be hit by so many options.
  • When I read 'Stunning Canvas Prints' I think, Who cares? Doesn't everyone say that? I'd rather see why I want canvas prints or how they're going to help me.
    • How about "Bring your room to life with our stunning canvas prints"
  • The 'blah blah just purchased' pop up in the bottom left is spammy. Makes me think this is a dropshipping shopify site, not a real brand.
  • I like that you have a featured categories section as soon as I scroll down.
  • "Take your pick of canvas wall arts from our large selection of best-selling categories." is extremely ho hum. No crap I can take my pick. Sell me better.
    • 'Find the right canvas to fit the atmosphere of your room and bring it all together' as an example.
  • "Canvas Wall Art" ...aren't all canvases wall art? Confused
  • "You name it. We have it. From classic art prints to wall art of your fave movie characters" Why are you making me name it? Too much work. You're making me think. I don't like to think.
    • How about something more like "From Darth Vader to Elsa, and Monet to the American Flag, we have classic art prints and wall art of your favorite characters".
  • "Cheaper, but it’s better than ever. We have canvas wall arts sold at reasonably low prices." I hate the word cheap. Cheap is what I find at the flea market, and that's not good enough for my not-cheap life.
    • How about "You won't believe our prices!"
  • The black text for "Superb quality prints" is hard to read on the purple of Free Shipping.
  • "Terrible isn’t a word for our canvas prints. Each piece of wall art is printed in stunning high-definition; made from waterproof cotton and built with sturdy easy-to-mount wooden frames" When you say 'terrible isn't', I immediately associate you with terrible lol.
    • How about something more like "Our canvases are printed in stunning high-definition that look great even up close. Made from waterproof cotton and built with sturdy easy-to-mount wooden frames, our canvases will work great in any environment and are quick to install too".
Hope that helps...sorry for ripping up your copy!
Oh! Thanks for the advice on the words we're using. We'll definitely change it to not that cringey. Thanks!

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Don't change a thing. How are you getting people to the site? That's the key. The site is pretty much perfect.

The real thing you're missing out on is getting that website in front of as many eyes as possible. That's your real hurdle. The site looks great.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
That's exactly what it is. Nothing but Aliexpress dropshipping crap. Go to a product and check the shipping time. I have to wait 40 days to get my product...and the return policy is only for 30 days since the date of purchase.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
That's exactly what it is. Nothing but Aliexpress dropshipping crap. Go to a product and check the shipping time. I have to wait 40 days to get my product...and the return policy is only for 30 days since the date of purchase.

Sigh I didn't get past the landing page. Now it seems like a waste of time...but good practice anyways I suppose!

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
Dianne,
I like every element of the site.
It's very tempting and I'd probably buy something if I were shopping now, even though I am a complete cheapskate. This is one of my favorite kinds of gifts.
The word "cheap" is just fine, and like the rest of the content is just straightforward and simple. The site appeals to a buyer in an introverted, lonely mood. The cure is buying something to improve interior design. You keep the tone thoughtful and trustworthy by skipping the bells and whistles.

Congratulations and I hope it has great traction.

This business is a also perfect example of the JTBD Jobs To Be Done idea of Clay Christenson.
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QEFAHIulWw4

Last edited:

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I love the overall design of the site. Even the name is fine. I'm not in love with the lead time, or the multitude of options you have, though. Its overwhelming to look through everything to find something I want. I don't know how to better organize it, but a search engine with filters might work better than all the drop downs that you have. I love amazon's search function. I can type in a description, something like "modern art" and have that pop up a list of canvases, and then be able to click on a color, or refine it further with other filters.

Monkeycom

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 20, 2019
UK
Hi Guys! I am Diane. I am currently working with a new canvas site. As of the moment, I am polishing the site and I need more feedback from you. Can anyone suggest/advice of the design & user experience in individual perspective. It’d be great to receive your expert feedback on this website.Thank you!

What's your marketing plan ?
I found the best way to market a new business is via email marketing. Feel free to check my threads and send me a pm to bounce ideas about the launch.

Best of luck!

Oliver

Last edited by a moderator:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Link removed. Seems like a drive-by posting for a backlink. IP indicates that it is likely a VA who posted.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Link removed. Seems like a drive-by posting for a backlink. IP indicates that it is likely a VA who posted.
I think this persons name is a fake, fake/stock picture and fake site. The footer tries to make it seem like a legit site since 2013 but I’d bet dollars to donuts it’s brand new. I’d also bet they don’t have a Star Wars license. Very spammy, nice lookin theme though

DianeLeanne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Sep 10, 2019
Don't change a thing. How are you getting people to the site? That's the key. The site is pretty much perfect.

The real thing you're missing out on is getting that website in front of as many eyes as possible. That's your real hurdle. The site looks great.
I was like trying to see the web design on different resolution. If there are issues or what. But yes! That's true. On how to get people to the site. ;) I'll take note of this. ^_^

DianeLeanne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Sep 10, 2019
What's your marketing plan ?
I found the best way to market a new business is via email marketing. Feel free to check my threads and send me a pm to bounce ideas about the launch.

Best of luck!

Oliver
I am not there yet! :) I am still polishing my work. I'll actually check your suggestion when I finished my site. Thanks for the feedback. ;)

DianeLeanne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Sep 10, 2019
Actually, it depends on your location. :)

DianeLeanne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Sep 10, 2019
I think this persons name is a fake, fake/stock picture and fake site. The footer tries to make it seem like a legit site since 2013 but I’d bet dollars to donuts it’s brand new. I’d also bet they don’t have a Star Wars license. Very spammy, nice lookin theme though
Thanks for liking the theme! ;) What do you think of the check out process? and the UX?

DianeLeanne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Sep 10, 2019
I love the overall design of the site. Even the name is fine. I'm not in love with the lead time, or the multitude of options you have, though. Its overwhelming to look through everything to find something I want. I don't know how to better organize it, but a search engine with filters might work better than all the drop downs that you have. I love amazon's search function. I can type in a description, something like "modern art" and have that pop up a list of canvases, and then be able to click on a color, or refine it further with other filters.
Oh! Do you mean to add some filter to achieve your desired color to be able to compliment it with your wall? We'll try to think of it. How about the UX? is the site fast load?

DianeLeanne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Sep 10, 2019
Dianne,
I like every element of the site.
It's very tempting and I'd probably buy something if I were shopping now, even though I am a complete cheapskate. This is one of my favorite kinds of gifts.
The word "cheap" is just fine, and like the rest of the content is just straightforward and simple. The site appeals to a buyer in an introverted, lonely mood. The cure is buying something to improve interior design. You keep the tone thoughtful and trustworthy by skipping the bells and whistles.

Congratulations and I hope it has great traction.

This business is a also perfect example of the JTBD Jobs To Be Done idea of Clay Christenson.
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QEFAHIulWw4
What do you mean by skipping the bells and whistles?

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Oh! Do you mean to add some filter to achieve your desired color to be able to compliment it with your wall? We'll try to think of it. How about the UX? is the site fast load?
Overall UX is nice, i didn't notice the speed, so it was fast enough.

When I'm looking for home decorations, I look for a style, not a specific category. I could look through a whole bunch of car pictures to find the one I want, or I could look at a style and maybe end up with something that isn't a car picture, but is equally good for what I want.

Check out Art.com's filtering system on the left size for what I'm talking about.

DianeLeanne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Sep 10, 2019
Overall UX is nice, i didn't notice the speed, so it was fast enough.

When I'm looking for home decorations, I look for a style, not a specific category. I could look through a whole bunch of car pictures to find the one I want, or I could look at a style and maybe end up with something that isn't a car picture, but is equally good for what I want.

Check out Art.com's filtering system on the left size for what I'm talking about.
I was trying to load website you suggest but it's down.

Monkeycom

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 20, 2019
UK
I am not there yet! :) I am still polishing my work. I'll actually check your suggestion when I finished my site. Thanks for the feedback. ;)

You should work on your site backward, depending on your marketing plan.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.