The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Feedback on YouTube Channel: Open to all Feedback, Please Be As Critical As You Can

Idea threads

sahil123720@gmai

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jun 8, 2023
Australia
Hi everyone,

Hope you all are keeping well. During my days at college, I noticed that a major gap within the education system fell directly into their inability to teach the necessary soft skills to help students navigate their very first job search and/or start their own businesses. Many students are looking for ways to break into their relevant industry to acquire some domain experience and potentially start their own businesses further down the line without any concrete guidance from universities. The majority of my friends and family (including myself) have always had to locate somebody more experienced to guide them on their job-seeking journey and this was not always accomplishable for them due to a lack of critical networking and social skills.

My aim at the moment is to upload a new video each Friday alongside my full-time job. I do understand that this is currently a little slow, but I do intend to increase the frequency of the uploads once I am more familiarised with video editing, video planning, etc as I am still new to this.

The premise of my channel is to pass on what has worked for not only myself but for countless other professionals who were once lost college kids who had to learn to navigate the professional world or survive university. Please note that whilst I do understand that college is a major element of the scripted lifestyle, there are a large number of professionals that I currently work with or have previously worked with who now run their own businesses and got their start in their first job out of college.

There are plenty of pockets of advice that I plan on distributing to my viewers in order to streamline any advice needed. I do understand that this project is still very much in its early days but I am open to improvement and feedback on what I am doing (no matter how brutal it may be). My questions to all of you are:

1. If you attended college, would you have found my content helpful? Would you utilize any of the advice? If not, why?
2. Do you find my videos boring? If so, could you please point me to some resources that I can refer to to improve this?
3. (For more experienced entrepreneurs/YouTube channel owners), do you see this being viable long term?
4. Was there something you inherently struggled with whilst at college? What would you have liked some guidance on?

The link to my channel is here, please feel free to watch and see what you think: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1uqHm2QD8aX1kmF04q9n6w

Thank you very much in advance to everyone who takes time out of their busy schedules to read this post and deliver feedback, as it is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Sahil.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kavin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Jul 28, 2023
Dubai
Hi everyone,

Hope you all are keeping well. During my days at college, I noticed that a major gap within the education system fell directly into their inability to teach the necessary soft skills to help students navigate their very first job search and/or start their own businesses. Many students are looking for ways to break into their relevant industry to acquire some domain experience and potentially start their own businesses further down the line without any concrete guidance from universities. The majority of my friends and family (including myself) have always had to locate somebody more experienced to guide them on their job-seeking journey and this was not always accomplishable for them due to a lack of critical networking and social skills.

My aim at the moment is to upload a new video each Friday alongside my full-time job. I do understand that this is currently a little slow, but I do intend to increase the frequency of the uploads once I am more familiarised with video editing, video planning, etc as I am still new to this.

The premise of my channel is to pass on what has worked for not only myself but for countless other professionals who were once lost college kids who had to learn to navigate the professional world or survive university. Please note that whilst I do understand that college is a major element of the scripted lifestyle, there are a large number of professionals that I currently work with or have previously worked with who now run their own businesses and got their start in their first job out of college.

There are plenty of pockets of advice that I plan on distributing to my viewers in order to streamline any advice needed. I do understand that this project is still very much in its early days but I am open to improvement and feedback on what I am doing (no matter how brutal it may be). My questions to all of you are:

1. If you attended college, would you have found my content helpful? Would you utilize any of the advice? If not, why?
2. Do you find my videos boring? If so, could you please point me to some resources that I can refer to to improve this?
3. (For more experienced entrepreneurs/YouTube channel owners), do you see this being viable long term?
4. Was there something you inherently struggled with whilst at college? What would you have liked some guidance on?

The link to my channel is here, please feel free to watch and see what you think: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1uqHm2QD8aX1kmF04q9n6w

Thank you very much in advance to everyone who takes time out of their busy schedules to read this post and deliver feedback, as it is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Sahil.
Btw great idea you have
so i skimmed through your videos so they are pretty good would vote them a solid 8 i must say nowdays people mostly like more active and savage type of people explaining them so you can or i wil advise you to be more extroverted in your videos and they will work
on the thought of this being viable long term is really defined on the rate of change of technology and i must honestly you are way way better then other education youtubers i have seen and i think if you make some adjustments you can do wonders.
p.s-If you have time just read my intro, and gl ;)

sahil123720@gmai

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jun 8, 2023
Australia
Btw great idea you have
so i skimmed through your videos so they are pretty good would vote them a solid 8 i must say nowdays people mostly like more active and savage type of people explaining them so you can or i wil advise you to be more extroverted in your videos and they will work
on the thought of this being viable long term is really defined on the rate of change of technology and i must honestly you are way way better then other education youtubers i have seen and i think if you make some adjustments you can do wonders.
p.s-If you have time just read my intro, and gl ;)
Hi Kavin,

Thank you for your kind words and lovely to meet you! Yes, I do struggle to be more extroverted in my videos (I am an introvert by nature).

I really value your feedback, so thank you very much. Do you know if anyone around is currently struggling with something whilst at college? Would love to see what content I can create to help people out.

Regards,
Sahil.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Only skimmed through a couple videos, But I think this is a good topic for a channel. My advice would be to put some talking head stuff in between the memes. On your latest video I noticed there was a time where it was just white words on a black background. I would experiment with some talking head stuff during moments like these, Or even some stock footage relevant to the subject.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sahil123720@gmai

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jun 8, 2023
Australia
Thank you both for your feedback! Yes, I will be sure to implement all of your advice into the next video that I plan on releasing this Saturday. Thank you all again in advance!

Implementing talking head snapshots in between the memes and content is a fantastic idea that I will be taking on board.

sahil123720@gmai

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jun 8, 2023
Australia
Thank you both for your feedback! Yes, I will be sure to implement all of your advice into the next video that I plan on releasing this Saturday. Thank you all again in advance!

Implementing talking head snapshots in between the memes and content is a fantastic idea that I will be taking on board.
Just an update on the channel

I have uploaded 2 new videos (check out this link here to see them: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1uqHm2QD8aX1kmF04q9n6w) but have run into a roadblock. I am very camera-shy and as a result, I ended up using some stock videos instead of head footage in my latest video.

My latest video did not even crack 10 views, which was a little disheartening but I am determined to keep going.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.