The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Favorite entrepreneur (other than MJ)

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
Who was your biggest inspiration or your favorite businessperson/entrepreneur (other than MJ of course)?

Before I read Millionaire Fastlane I was really big on Sam Walton of Wal-Mart fame. Yours?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I was gonna post this exact thread!

I’ve had it in the back of my mind for over a week now..

but you should change it to “Your favorite Entrepreneur and why”

Me? Elon Musk, Steve Jobs and Jay-z.. I’ll state why in a bit (busy)

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
I would love to emulate Warren Buffett some day.

Also, I’m a big fan of Mark Cuban. Many, many years ago I sent him an email after I saw him on the cover of a small magazine. He actually replied to me a day later. I thought that was the coolest thing ever.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
In the 90s, it was Bill Gates. I even set a photo of him as my Windows 98 wallpaper back then.
Now it's Kevin O Leary, the founder of Lululemon and the founder of Razer.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
Sam Walton, William Cargill, Charles Koch, John Rockefeller, Cornelius Vanderbilt

Empires are built by distribution. If you own distribution, you can own the world.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Favorite: Peter Diamandis

Since "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" is my bible in a way, I evaluate people by how far they have moved up "the ladder of personal growth" and apply the concepts: Proactivity -> Leadership -> Management -> Win-Win Thinking -> Understand Others / Be Understood -> Synergizing -> Continuous Improvement and Adjustments

Peter Diamandis comes in first, Elon only second because he at least tries to inspire others to synergize, collaborate and become leaders and get synergy going. Peter's companies also tackle crazy ambitious things.
He does subscribe to the "competition first, collaboration as an additional gimmick" thinking to some degree, but there is an obvious understanding of "Interdependence over Independence" thinking and he propagates that with his books.

Also like Carmack (when he talks about thinking big:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyjJrF2gJ34
more so than when he executes)

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
My ex wifes father Hans Michelsen from Hamburg.He worked his a$$ off manufacturing and installing double glazed windows then decided to just order them. The government opened a place nearby for yearly motor car inspections so he set up a number plate facility and a cafe called Hanswurst and made a mint . His factory he rented out space to an Italian drinks company. So he made money from.the cafe the liicence plates, the windows and the storage space. Not sure if I explained that well enough but he was so cool.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
James Schramko
Derek Sivers
Blaise Brosnan
Richard Branson

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Who was your biggest inspiration or your favorite businessperson/entrepreneur (other than MJ of course)?

Before I read Millionaire Fastlane I was really big on Sam Walton of Wal-Mart fame. Yours?

eben Pagan

the guy is a Mastermind ( rational strategist ) with very very high determination

i have studied his life, this is insane what he can produce

INSANE

in fact he is so determined that this is not human

he is more like a machine .

these guys have to be feared because when they want something , they will get it

we are talking about business here

but Masterminds in other area of life can be very dangerous with this kind or determination:

politicians, serial killers, gurus etc

most people live through the day like robots . they don't work in a logical manner to achieve a long term goal. they are used by life instead of using it

the power of Masterminds in society can be compared to the power of the average human above apes or cattle

eben.png

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
Every anonymous entrepreneur, not mentioned anywhere in papers. Not a rockstar. The one(s) that daily make the world revolve, but are unknown to the general public, because they don't want to be known, because they don't need to be seen as a rock star. Humble first.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
eben Pagan

the guy is a Mastermind ( rational strategist ) with very very high determination

i have studied his life, this is insane what he can produce

INSANE

in fact he is so determined that this is not human

he is more like a machine .

these guys have to be feared because when they want something , they will get it

we are talking about business here

but Masterminds in other area of life can be very dangerous with this kind or determination:

politicians, serial killers, gurus etc

most people live through the day like robots . they don't work in a logical manner to achieve a long term goal. they are used by life instead of using it

the power of Masterminds in society can be compared to the power of the average human above apes or cattle

View attachment 21677
Dude is that a David Deangelo??? The Pickup Artist Guy

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY
Felix Dennis. He owned Dennis Publishing which published various computer magazines (which at the time, no one gave any thought to, as personal computers were a niche item, not the everyday tool that we all use) and later created Maxim magazine and he made a fortune. I found his book How To Get Rich in the bargain bin (it cost me $3.00) at a Borders and it was the book that reawakened and reaffirmed what I had felt and believed since graduating high school and working job after job: that I didn't have to play the game like everyone else, that there was another way.

Granted, Felix's book was short on how-to, but it re-ignited the flame of wanting to not be a cog in the machine. I was curious to see if he had written anything else and I went to Amazon and typed in his name. How To Get Rich came back, along with The Narrow Road (which is a more condensed version of the lessons of How To Get Rich) and various poetry books that he had written. If you get the chance, read some of his poetry and listen to him read it, as he was an outstanding poet and wrote up until his death. Along with his books were other entrepreneurial books that Amazon thought I would like and there were some I was familiar with but there was one that piqued my curiosity. It had an orange Lamborghini on the cover and it was called The Millionaire Fastlane . For those who have the new cover, the old cover was a tad different, but the content was the same and just as profound.

I tried finding it at Borders, but they didn't stock it, so I had to order it. I still have it, albeit a bit dog-eared and it was autographed by MJ. I've since bought the newer version, as I want to keep the original put away and in good condition. If it hadn't been for Felix's book in that bargain bin, I don't know if I would have found MJ's book and I would be on a very different path with a very different mindset. I owe a debt of gratitude to Felix, who unfortunately passed away from throat cancer and someone I wanted to meet and thank. But I'm thankful I read both Felix's and MJ's books and when I do find my Fastlane, I'm going to meet MJ in person and thank him. I've thanked him on here, but it will be something to shake his hand and thank him for sharing his knowledge and wisdom.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Santi M

See you on the fastlane
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 22, 2018
Fastlane
Very interesting thread, thank you!
My favourite entrepreneur (with MJ and Steve Jobs) is called Euge Oller, he is spanish (me too)
He is a very succesful entrepreneur with a great mission (helping the most people
through knowledge).
His youtube channels if you're interested:
Euge Oller
EmprendeAprendiendo
IN SPANISH, I'M SORRY

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.