The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Team @ Kiva.org

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
How is that going for you Runum?

It's been cool. The recipients have been sending me updates in their own language. Thankfully Google translator works decently. Most of my loans have been paid off and I then re-loan it to other business people.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Team stats:

27 members
145 loans
$4375 loaned

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
ROI? How much income have you received? (if not too personal)

That's been the complaint about Kiva Steve. They only repay your original loan, no ROI. The loans are in $25 increments and you are helping small business people worldwide.

1mancrew

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 11, 2009
Lake Worth
Made my first loan today and as a proud member of the Fastlane group.
Made the loan to a group of 8 females in Villaluz, Benito Soliven, Isabela, Philippines.
The request for loans fill up fast.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
ROI? How much income have you received? (if not too personal)

There is no monetary ROI -- the ROI is good karma and knowing that you are helping folks without the privilege and the opportunities as us Westerners have. :smx3:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Well, there are a few new loans available right now. Time to get back into lending mode!

Zeeq

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 21, 2011
Cool, I was already a member of Kiva before this. I'll definitely join this group.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I was feeling depressed today and got a new email, credit coming in from Kiva, so time to make a new loan. Good bye blues!

Ferrari Girl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Apr 3, 2011
Sounds like a great idea. :) I am not in a position (yet!) to loan anyone money, but when I am able to, I will be sure to check it out.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Previous loan was repaid, so I made a new loan today.

What's with all the "groups" on Kiva, is this something new? I've never noticed this before; I thought Kiva just made loans to individual entrepreneurs?

Either way, it's pretty cool. Makes you feel good, knowing that your micro-loans are helping out hard working entrepreneurs that, as MJ said, don't have the privileges and opportunities we have.

Anybid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 13, 2009
Switzerland
What's with all the "groups" on Kiva, is this something new? I've never noticed this before; I thought Kiva just made loans to individual entrepreneurs?

They have had this group loans for a while now. I prefer them over single entrepreneur loans, because the group dynamic has many advantages and usually their field partners have an excellent rating.

For a fastlaner on steroids (someone who doesn't need to get any revenue from his capital;)) Kiva is probably one of the best places to "invest" his money. With micro loans you can help the poorest and at the same time don't have to worry about getting your money back in full (from over 200 loans I have made on Kiva so far, I have only lost a few dollars on four loans in Africa due to political problems).

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Suggestion for MJ & The Fastlane Kiva Team -

If you wanted to, MJ, you could probably get some additional interest in your book by replacing the picture of the silver Lambo with a pic of your book cover on the Fastlane Kiva Team. Not sure if it would garner more interest than the Lambo or not though.

But I just happened to notice today that at the bottom of every loan, there is a pic of of the "top 5 teams" that helped fund the loan, so I thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't seen it. Cheers! :cheers:

Screen shot 2011-12-18 at 10.17.33 PM.jpg

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Suggestion for MJ & The Fastlane Kiva Team -

If you wanted to, MJ, you could probably get some additional interest in your book by replacing the picture of the silver Lambo with a pic of your book cover on the Fastlane Kiva Team. Not sure if it would garner more interest than the Lambo or not though.

But I just happened to notice today that at the bottom of every loan, there is a pic of of the "top 5 teams" that helped fund the loan, so I thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't seen it. Cheers! :cheers:

View attachment 2736

Fastlane has made 228 loans of $6800.00 to date!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.