The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Fastlane Team @ Kiva.org

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Runum

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 8, 2007
DFW
First loan made. It's cool that Kiva seems to be the type of organization that is helping those that are helping themselves.:thumbsup:

CVentures1B12

Contributor
Oct 18, 2007
Richmond, VA
Just sent in my request...great idea. Amazing stuff. And it actually returns interest? Even though it is such a small amount of money...even if it didn't return interest...I love it! Thanks so much for introducing me to this.

Best,
Josh

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Just sent in my request...great idea. Amazing stuff. And it actually returns interest? Even though it is such a small amount of money...even if it didn't return interest...I love it! Thanks so much for introducing me to this.

Best,
Josh
I don't think it returns interest.

If anyone makes a loan, please post the link here ... it will be nice to see who is getting helped. :hurray:

yveskleinsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 26, 2007
I am thinking that this may be part of my gift to friends and family. Last year all us adults agreed that we didn't want anymore stuff, so we picked a charity and everyone gave to each other's charity through time, money or both. (It was amazingly rewarding, and one of the best feelings ever. My mom and I both picked Hospice, and we each donated $200 to our local chapter in my Grandmother's name. Doing so felt so great because it was a great way for us to say thank you for how wonderful they were with her and with us, as well as gave us a time to remember my grandma's life and how charitable she was.)

This year I think I'll recommend throwing Kiva into the mix--which is great on any scale, but especially for all those little trinket gifts. Why spend $50 on stocking stuffers that are just trinkets, when I can have them pick who they want to help and lend $50 in their name, and that $50 is a perpetual gift?

Runum

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 8, 2007
DFW
This real neat. I get emails updating me about every 2 weeks. It feels good to help others help themselves.:thumbsup:

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
This real neat. I get emails updating me about every 2 weeks. It feels good to help others help themselves.:thumbsup:
I agree. I get that feeling of being helping others, and that is priceless.

Runum

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 8, 2007
DFW
I was looking to making a couple of more loans today. When it came to check out the menu wanted me to set up a Paypal account and give Paypal my credit card number. I don't remember having to do that a month ago. I'm not a big fan of Paypal and really don't want them to have any of my financial info. Suggestions?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Oooh I forgot to update this .... the folks in Cambodia I lent $225 to started to pay me back. It was quite the surprise!

OP
OP
Analyzer

Analyzer

Contributor
Aug 31, 2007
Portugal, Europe
Oooh I forgot to update this .... the folks in Cambodia I lent $225 to started to pay me back. It was quite the surprise!

My experience so far has been going pretty well, I joined a year ago and have made 12 loans, no defaults so far :smxB:

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I haven't seen even a late payment with mines. It feels good when you read the progress reports.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
I tried to sign up yesterday, but was wondering if you can set a user name or it just goes by either anonymous or your real name. I'm asking b/c part of our goal-setting last night was to devote atleast $10/ea per month to Kiva.

I wanted to create the username as ClintNAdi.

WinWin

Contributor
Aug 24, 2008
WDC
I tried to sign up yesterday, but was wondering if you can set a user name or it just goes by either anonymous or your real name.
It is great that you decided to join Kiva. :eusa_clap: Your email address is your user name. However, you can pick any "Display Name" as per your choice.

Several of the FastLane members use their Fastlane display name in Kiva also.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

CVentures1B12

Contributor
Oct 18, 2007
Richmond, VA
Just wanted to thank everyone for contributing to this site and making it known on the Fastlane. I got a gift certificate for my GF for Christmas and SHE LOVED IT!!! She still hasn't chosen her entrepreneur yet because she is having such a hard time deciding!! She wants to do sustainable development in other countries so she really latched onto this idea. Not to mention she worked for a Microfinance firm in Kenya for a summer...

Thanks again everyone. You guys make me look like the most thoughtful boyfriend ever! Haha...

Best,
Josh

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Bump, for the newer forum members.

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Another group I lent to just finished repaying back the loan.

How cool is that, huh?

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
My loan is 1/3 paid ... just got another payment today. Amazing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just Enrolled to "Start a Freelance Business: Take back your freedom Now" Thanks! @Lex...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

The 2020 Fastlane Summit

This event SOLD OUT in October. For authorized resale tickets, please check ticket resales or contact the forum directly.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom