The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Fastlane Team @ Kiva.org

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Runum

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 8, 2007
DFW
How is that going for you Runum?
It's been cool. The recipients have been sending me updates in their own language. Thankfully Google translator works decently. Most of my loans have been paid off and I then re-loan it to other business people.

Runum

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 8, 2007
DFW
ROI? How much income have you received? (if not too personal)
That's been the complaint about Kiva Steve. They only repay your original loan, no ROI. The loans are in $25 increments and you are helping small business people worldwide.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

1mancrew

New Contributor
Feb 11, 2009
Lake Worth
Made my first loan today and as a proud member of the Fastlane group.
Made the loan to a group of 8 females in Villaluz, Benito Soliven, Isabela, Philippines.
The request for loans fill up fast.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
ROI? How much income have you received? (if not too personal)
There is no monetary ROI -- the ROI is good karma and knowing that you are helping folks without the privilege and the opportunities as us Westerners have. :smx3:

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Well, there are a few new loans available right now. Time to get back into lending mode!

Zeeq

PARKED
Jan 21, 2011
Cool, I was already a member of Kiva before this. I'll definitely join this group.

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I was feeling depressed today and got a new email, credit coming in from Kiva, so time to make a new loan. Good bye blues!

Ferrari Girl

New Contributor
Apr 3, 2011
Sounds like a great idea. :) I am not in a position (yet!) to loan anyone money, but when I am able to, I will be sure to check it out.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 4, 2007
Previous loan was repaid, so I made a new loan today.

What's with all the "groups" on Kiva, is this something new? I've never noticed this before; I thought Kiva just made loans to individual entrepreneurs?

Either way, it's pretty cool. Makes you feel good, knowing that your micro-loans are helping out hard working entrepreneurs that, as MJ said, don't have the privileges and opportunities we have.

Anybid

New Contributor
Jul 13, 2009
Switzerland
What's with all the "groups" on Kiva, is this something new? I've never noticed this before; I thought Kiva just made loans to individual entrepreneurs?
They have had this group loans for a while now. I prefer them over single entrepreneur loans, because the group dynamic has many advantages and usually their field partners have an excellent rating.

For a fastlaner on steroids (someone who doesn't need to get any revenue from his capital;)) Kiva is probably one of the best places to "invest" his money. With micro loans you can help the poorest and at the same time don't have to worry about getting your money back in full (from over 200 loans I have made on Kiva so far, I have only lost a few dollars on four loans in Africa due to political problems).

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Last edited:

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 4, 2007
Suggestion for MJ & The Fastlane Kiva Team -

If you wanted to, MJ, you could probably get some additional interest in your book by replacing the picture of the silver Lambo with a pic of your book cover on the Fastlane Kiva Team. Not sure if it would garner more interest than the Lambo or not though.

But I just happened to notice today that at the bottom of every loan, there is a pic of of the "top 5 teams" that helped fund the loan, so I thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't seen it. Cheers! :cheers:

Screen shot 2011-12-18 at 10.17.33 PM.jpg

Runum

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 8, 2007
DFW
Suggestion for MJ & The Fastlane Kiva Team -

If you wanted to, MJ, you could probably get some additional interest in your book by replacing the picture of the silver Lambo with a pic of your book cover on the Fastlane Kiva Team. Not sure if it would garner more interest than the Lambo or not though.

But I just happened to notice today that at the bottom of every loan, there is a pic of of the "top 5 teams" that helped fund the loan, so I thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't seen it. Cheers! :cheers:

View attachment 2736
Fastlane has made 228 loans of $6800.00 to date!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
New Course! Upwork Client Psychology I #UdemyApproved! Upwork Client Psychology I is designed...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

The 2020 Fastlane Summit

This event SOLD OUT in October. For authorized resale tickets, please check ticket resales or contact the forum directly.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom