• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Get answers about starting a business from real entrepreneurs. Powered by Google.

GOLD! Fastlane Parenting (Tips, Tactics...)

Discussion in 'People & Relationships' started by G-Man, Jan 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MidwestLandlord

MidwestLandlord Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $31,984
    Of course you can.

Do kids make it harder? Probably.

Are kids expensive? Yes.

But the "I have kids and responsibilities!" is an excuse for sure.

People that use kids as an excuse would just find another excuse if they didn't have kids.

Just be smart about it. (Don't fall into the usual "my kids deserve the best!" nonsense and spend money you haven't earned)

Gasyhustler and G-Man like this.
  2. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $7,931
    My kids do deserve the best. I just have a different idea of what the "best" is.

My kids deserve for me to be the best, most present father I can be.

My kids deserve to be raised by their wonderful mother, not strangers at daycare centers.

My kids deserve the best education available, which means I sacrifice my money and my wife sacrifices her time, rather than sending them to the Marxist re-education camps we call public schools

My kids deserve the best health I can give them. It means I spend money on quality food for them instead of buying more toys for myself.

I could go on and on. I have a dear friend that works 12 hour days and just spent 50k on a home entertainment system so his kids can have "the best". Don't be that guy.

3. The EL Maven

The EL Maven No longer life's passenger Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $952
    And this IS the best education available today. One on One home learning (whether the parent does it, or it's outsourced) is the equivalent of a super car while public school is the equivalent of a city run bus. One is great for moving a lot of people along a prescribed route rather slowly, and the other is a super car where YOU dictate the direction and speed.

With that said, anyone reading this who is not in a position nor inclined, don't feel bad. You can still have a major impact which is what this Gold thread is all about. We do private school (sort of like a charter bus in my analogy) and some after schooling (driving a lambo for some laps at the race track), and after a year of this, my 5 year old is about 5 years ahead in some subjects (and no, I'm not exaggerating). You can make a HUGE difference in a little time if the time is consistent over a year, two years, etc.

G-Man likes this.
  4. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,461
    Proud parenting moment - my own, not my kids. My youngest just turned 18, and will be graduating High School in June. I did it - 31 years of parenting - that's a hell of a career! I failed a lot, and I questioned my decision to stay home with them almost daily for 17 years. I also started a small successful massage therapy business and got my chemistry degree. For 7 of those 31 years, I was involved with an abuser. For 10 years, I was happily married. For all the rest, I was the single parent of 5 kids. Who are all grown, happy, productive, nice people. I'm feeling ridiculously proud of myself. :blush:

scott.legendre likes this.
  5. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $46,376
    We are kindred spirits my friend.

Great post

G-Man likes this.