The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Parents - What are Your Tips, Tricks & Secrets to Help Balance Family Life?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

wilddog

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto
Curious how other parents help balance their family time with their fastlane endeavors.
Any tips and tricks that have helped you besides staying up late after the kids go to sleep?

My best trick: Moved my office to the play room. I can work and in an instant can be playing with my daughter. I love it because it really breaks up the tediousness and tension of desk work.

I've also purposefully moved myself into a position at my slowlane office that allows me to work on my fastlane endeavors a few hours a day (if things aren't hectic).

So, what are your Tips, Tricks & Secrets?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Getting help is one way of focusing on what really matters....i dont see it as a luxury but really a necessity so i can perfom better. ( a single mom of a little one )

Gabriel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 19, 2014
I wake up 3 hours before anyone else in the house is up. And I go to bed an hour after everyone is asleep.

The Miracle Morning get that book, it's amazing though there are some things that are kinda cheesy, the overall information on it, it's quite good.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Make a list each day, AND GET IT DONE!

Delegate chores to the kids. No matter how small, they can do something.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I've though about getting an office down the road but haven't yet.For now I just do what I can while my daughter is at school and outside playing with friends. Also outsource a lot of work. Managing a work load takes a lot less time than doing it yourself.

If things go as planned will need an office or a employee / Contractor within 2 months.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
When I worked for corporate America (Wal-Mart and others) there was zero work life balance. They would sap every ounce of energy you had, so that even your family time wasn't family time.

When I was working in the grind, within a few days of going on a one week vacation I would inevitably get sick. Why? The immune system needed a recharge, and given the opportunity for my body to relax, it basically would crash.

It is only in finding an escape from the corporate grind that true freedom comes in. You can really live in the present when you can be fully engaged in the moment.

Unfortunately, it has been a while since I tried to balance a job and a life, so I can't help you much there... other than to tell you to continue to plan your escape.

The grass IS greener outside of your 9-5.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.