The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fast lane Idea for anyone with balls and wants the challenge!

Idea threads

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I will make it nice and sweet.

This product (or any other similar product)

Fully Customizable Electric Skateboard w/ the LaGrange L1 by RedRock Boardshop — Kickstarter

+

1 popular skate boarder (i.e Lil Wayne or Tony Hawk) as the main face of the brand

=

$$$$$$$$$.

Just think... lil wayne goes out and says on his fb/twitter/youtube channel that he has created the "best" electric skateboard... the perfect gift for all boys (and some tom boys :p) in the age range 10-30.

And then he goes on some big network shows and mentions it there to.

Trust me, by Xmas the company will have made $100mil. in revenue!

Say it costs them $300 to produce 1 board and it sells for $500 in stores a little less via their website.

I reckon world wide, they could get 1 mil. sales! or At least 100K boards sold!

All you have to do is put everything together :) and get a 10% stake in the business and give the famous guy 10-20% stake in the business.

Bish bash bosh.... retire :icon_super:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Why are you fantasizing about it and not trying to do it if you believe it could make you $100M??

If you truley believe that's the case then you are loosing money by not pursuing it...

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
If you truley believe that's the case then you are loosing money by not pursuing it...

Unless he's working on a business that is going to make $200 million :idx:

Entourage

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Sep 12, 2012
Say what? Endorsing a product with a celebrity who already is established in the clientelle your industry wants to reach?

And the product is not even yours?

And you have a HUGE production cost? With bad margins?

THIS IS GROUNDBREAKING!

/facepalm

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
LOL at the post. I hope OP was making a joke.

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
Well this would be a great idea if you owned the actual product.
So honestly, no celebrity will work FOR you when he can go directly to the source himself, therefore cutting out the middle man (YOU) and instead of making 10-20% ... will be making 50+% since he will be the brand ...

basically what I am saying is that you do not bring any value to any celebrity out there... unless you create an innovative impact on the already existing product ..or aatleast have a killer production and marketing plan that a celeb just can not refuse.

p.s. This post just reminded me of a project I did a few months back for my senior project at school. I had created a "Dual Drivechain Gasoline Electric Trike". Little did I know that I was creating something that was never done before. The project was a success. It incorporated both gasoline and electrical power via a 2 stroke engine and a 36V motor. It was a cool design. Allowed the rider to switch from manually pedalling when he gets tired to electric or to gasoline. The power of choice.
The trike all had independent hand and foot throttles which I created to mirror a harley.

This could be a great product especially with the fact that the world is switching over to alternative energy and methods of fuel transportation.

BUT//// I Donated it to my school, and to my knowledge its been to many engineering conferences over the past few months (I completed it in April just before i graduated in May).

If I actually had the funds I could really make money off of it. But here I am sitting around a desk at work at the moment trying different routes to the fastlane when I already created one.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
So honestly, no celebrity will work FOR you when he can go directly to the source himself, therefore cutting out the middle man (YOU) and instead of making 10-20% ... will be making 50+% since he will be the brand ...

basically what I am saying is that you do not bring any value to any celebrity out there... unless you create a killer production and marketing plan that a celeb just can not refuse.

This is not true. I have proof and his name is Vigilante.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/in...uthoring/39983-licensing-game.html#post213982

Last edited by a moderator:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Well this would be a great idea if you owned the actual product.

basically what I am saying is that you do not bring any value to any celebrity out there... unless you create an innovative impact on the already existing product ..or aatleast have a killer production and marketing plan that a celeb just can not refuse.

---lol---

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
This is not true. I have proof and his name is Vigilante.

The Licensing Game

lol ok ill read up on that link... I still dont see why a celebrity will need the regular guy though. I understand a bit about licensing but I see it from a different perspective.

I knew someone who was trying to do something like this and he basically just got shut down and the person (wasnt a celebrity but they had connections), and basically my friend was kicked to the side ...

maybe im relying on one side of this business too much but ill definitely read that link you posted

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
A celebrity wouldn't take equity. They'd take royalties with a smile on their face, though.

Selling a stupid skateboard like this would be much harder than getting a celebrity to endorse it.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Action takers execute ideas.

I don't care if the concept is good or not. You can learn from falling flat on your face.

The OP has no intention of trying this.

Ideas are like assholes... everyone has one.

There were a few elements of the OP's post that were actionable... but not worth correcting as he or she is not going to do it anyway.

Similarly, several of the followup comments were spot on, and a few were equally ridiculous as the original post. Pete --- at least you were willing to broaden your view.

Spend time helping people who are taking action.

Spend zero time helping people who have no shot of engagement.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Action takers execute ideas.

I don't care if the concept is good or not. You can learn from falling flat on your face.

The OP has no intention of trying this.

Ideas are like assholes... everyone has one.

There were a few elements of the OP's post that were actionable... but not worth correcting as he or she is not going to do it anyway.

Spend time helping people who are taking action.

Spend zero time helping people who have no shot of engagement.

This one is obvious, but i do seem some people that are putting off the wrong vibe. People i know are action takers and getting blasted on something they post because it sounded the opposite. We got to try to make sure this place doesn't turn into a huge peanut gallery of older members vs new.

This thread however, is a clear indication.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
If I wanted to contact Tony Hawk, I would start here :

Sarah Hall Productions, Inc.
670 Broadway - Suite 504
New York, NY 10012
212.529.1598 (phone)
212.529.3171 (fax)
(press agent)

Jared Levine
Barnes Morris Klein Mark Yorn Barnes & Levine
310-319-3940
(business attorney)

Either one of these people could get you directly connected to his license agent.

A shortcut might be to contact Quicksilver, Inc. who already owns the rights to Tony Hawk clothing. The interesting thing about working with and through Quicksilver is that they already have retail distribution.

ZQK Profile | Quiksilver, Inc. Common Stock Stock - Yahoo! Finance

Within a few phone calls, you could be talking with someone about this idea (if you already knew how and where to get the merchandise from... so that you didn't sound like a boob when you started talking to Tony Hawk's people...)

NaPal

Done > Perfect
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 16, 2012
USA
Good idea, needs execution. The aspects needing solved is the weight of the board, and the battery life.

If this is super light weight and runs more than 1-3 hours on a charge it would be fantastic. I can see the problem of skating to your buddies house fine, then you try to come home and your board is dead. Is there a freewheel switch?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I had created a "Dual Drivechain Gasoline Electric Trike". Little did I know that I was creating something that was never done before.

I think this is cool. Why haven't you pursued bringing this to market or at least test to see if there is an interest in it? I assume this would be some sort of add-on kit? Do you have pics you'd like to share?

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
If I wanted to do it, I would not have shared the idea :)

I was just thinking out loud.... no need to bash!

There is more than 1 way to skin a cat, this is not what I have been planing for the past 6+ Months so it does not fit in with my plans!

Yeah, it can make $100mil rev. .... obviously you would be a guy in the middle putting together the 2 teams, and you would need to coer yourself. Maybe by contacting the skateboard company and telling them you want 10% and you guarantee they will get 10Mil. rev. sales...(and if you don't reach the goal you would be happy to give it back to them - then they have nothing to lose). Then you go about getting the papers signed and contact the other party and tell them to be the face of the brand for royalties... The celebrity wont be working in the company.... LOL

All I was sharing was a way to put together a business that can make you passive income even if you do not own too many assets... but you would still need to put some efforts to make it happen and protect yourself from being cut out of the deal!

The same principle can be done with another product ;)

Take what you want from it.... hate me or love me!

I don't give a F. :)

p.s the 100mil. is just a figure I put out there, it could be more it could be less. And since none of us are selling skateboards for a living ... maybe you should take it with a pinch of salt.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Since we're all dreaming, how about this. Make a product, get Oprah to endorse it. Profit. $100m easy.

That made me laugh out loud. Rickson you going to B&P? Your topic should be comedy :)

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Since we're all dreaming, how about this. Make a product, get Oprah to endorse it. Profit. $100m easy.

How's that?

Don't hate...

I put in a little bit more effort than that... I am sure I gave some people a few ideas on how they could execute something like this.

Have a nice day troll :)

While we are at it, why not send Bill gates a App and tell him to endorse it... Herp Derp!

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida

How's that?

I see you've met my mom.

Her business plan:

1. Idea X, with a crude prototype.
2. Write to Oprah and Bill Gates since it is a product that helps kids.
3. ?????
4. Profit.

I had to show her the gnomes.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I see you've met my mom.

Her business plan:

1. Idea X, with a crude prototype.
2. Write to Oprah and Bill Gates since it is a product that helps kids.
3. ?????
4. Profit.

I had to show her the gnomes.

Will she be attending the beer and pancakes get together?

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I know you know it is not that easy... many celebrities have endorsed products that do fail.

How's that?

Oprah is busy trying get OWN to gain traction right now so good luck getting her to endorse your product. :)

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I know you know it is not that easy... many celebrities have endorsed products that do fail.

Oprah is busy trying get OWN to gain traction right now so good luck getting her to endorse your product. :)

Don't take the troll comments serious :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.