The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Facebook Workplace Discussion - Facebook for internal business communications

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
Facebook just released Facebook Workplace, essentially Facebook for Business.

Our team is becoming more spread out and I like to jump on every little improvement we can make to our team's communications. Thinking it may replace Slack for us.

What does everyone else think about it?

Workplace by Facebook - Change the way you work

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
What is slack lacking for you and your team and does FB solve those issues? If not, why change? My team has been mostly remote for a long time. We like slack, not sure if FB would be any different.

Startup A Month

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jun 11, 2017
Poznań
While I do not like Slack, you are better off not using Facebook. Here are few reasons:
-Facebook should be for personal life, not work life. People by default do not trust how secure their conversations are - it is Facebook, they will be afraid it will get shared by mistake
-Facebook have enough of data already. Call me crazy, but it was proven so many times that FB works with a government agencies volunteer - are you sure there will be no information shared that can compromise you?
-Biggest downside - if your Facebook account gets removed (it happens sometimes without doing anything bad - Google it) you will lose all your conversations, history, everything.
-In the case of the lawsuit - will Facebook protect you or give away all your conversations? The company that is made to cater for business cannot do this as this would kill it - FB can do it no problem.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.