The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Use Facebook For Your Business

Marketing, social media, advertising

Thrive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Nov 2, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Just a short writeup I had to do for school and I picked something I have to learn for Fastlane success. One of the reasons I love homeschool. :smug2:

Facebook is largest social network in the world. If you didn't know that, go back to that rock you live under. Facebook has more than 3 times the population of the U.S. and is on its way to top even India and China. All that said, you cant just plop a Fan Page on Facebook and expect the masses to flock in droves to you page.

And don't for once think that the end goal is just to get a bunch of “fans”. Because all those “fans” are nothing unless you can turn them into LEADS.

Sure, getting 1,000,000 fans would be pretty mint, but I’d take $1,000,000 over the former anytime and you get there by turning fans into customers. Thats why your fan pages need to be geared towards getting leads and email instead of likes.

Here are some things you can use to increase your Fan Page’s visibility, brand, conversions and sales:

• Vanity URL
  • Storytelling
  • Contests
  • @ Comments
  • Video
  • Email Opt-in
  • Red Arrow Pointing to Email Opt-in

Vanity URL
A normal Facebook page has a random jumble of characters as the Fan Page’s address. Changing this to an actual keyword or Fan Page name has excellent SEO value.

Storytelling
While a lot of people are bemoaning the new Timeline format, it is actually highly beneficial for storytelling. Just check out Old Spice’s Fan Page for a prime example of storytelling.

Contests
Hold contests like this all the time: The Best Comment About How (your product/service/info) Changed Your Life Receives (insert prize here). Its pretty much a viral gold mine.

@ Comments
Find a fan page that is in your market and has a lot of fans. Write a comment that has value (not some spammy message) about their page. In your comment include @(insert page name) and now your comment will appear on their page. Since your Fan Page link is on every comment you make, you know have a free link to targeted fans.

Video, Email Opt-in and a Red Arrow Pointing To It
Create an opt-in page that has an awesome headline on top, a 30-90 second video on the left and an email opt-in to the right with a red arrow pointing to it. Your conversions will skyrocket when you implement this.

Just doing a few of these can help you reach 1,000s of people over Facebook.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I'm curious: what kind of fans are you aiming to convert into sales leads?

If you're looking at kids under the age of 18 (or, realistically, under the age of 22), you're looking at complete no-sells, the entire lot of em. Not because of ethics or whatever, just that kids are not looking to buy things off of Facebook.

Have you tested any actual products or is this simply a brain exercise? Because I'm quite interested in leveraging the epic power of Facebook in order to garner traffic or even sales.

Thrive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Nov 2, 2011
San Antonio, TX
No, with this formula you're going to have to target adults who have the money (ages 22-onward) but these days twenty-somthing adults are so much like teens that once you gain traction with them, you can easily start targeting younger and younger. Like what Facebook did.

I learned most of this from Get 10,000 Fans so yes it does work, but I personally haven't tried it yet.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.