The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

F*ck This at last

astr0

Grinding
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 3, 2017
Lviv, Ukraine
Hi, I've been here before but wasn't visiting for over a year so it's probably nice to reintroduce myself.
I'm Andriy, 31 from Ukraine, here are my first introduction and my first nice failure in case anyone's interested.
Still wasting life on a 9-5 job, haven't made any serious attempts to escape while I was absent here, only a few small blockchain projects that ended up +$xxx on average, nothing exploded.
But the last 3 weeks hopefully changed everything. I had a lot of urgent work at my 9-5, making it 9am-2am without weekends. Also, my son was born on the 20th of January. That made me ask myself why I'm spending so much time on something that wasn't mine. I felt really stupid - too much loyalty for the employee...
Yesterday my multi-millionaire friend who's exactly 1 year younger than me was celebrating his 30. I'm not a party guy, but he promised a very exciting party so I felt it was worth it to come.
And it was.
After looking around for ~20 minutes there I and my other friend realized that we were probably the only ones among 80+ people who don't own a business.
It was really fun, we've met a lot of nice people, made some valuable contacts, got some useful info. It's insane how much value a bunch of drunk CEOs can bring to the table.:smile:
Some fun parts included multiple blind offers with +50-60% of my current salary, a Bentley/Audi Q7 for naming a cooler kid in town that one company's best game developer and convincing drunk CEO that he don't need a yacht at least because we don't have a sea/rivers nearby.
Oh and I've also randomly run into everyone and asked them why they need a lot of money :hilarious:. Some of the answers were: to do something great; to avoid doing what you don't want to; it's not about the money, it's about the freedom; it's not about the money, it's the process.

Anyway, F*ck this, Oziris2 is coming soon.
Will probably start a progress thread after some meetups and when everything shapes out, hopefully in the middle of next week.

@MJ DeMarco thanks for the books, youtube channel and this great forum!
@Andy Black thanks for pointing in right direction and simplifying everything in my head.
@IceCreamKid thanks for the mindset, hope you're well...

Good Luck & Have Fun everyone!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
Hey, Andriy!

Sounds like it was a fun party! :) I hope you will use the info and contacts you got there.

And congratulations on your baby!

Best wishes from Estonia!

astr0

Grinding
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 3, 2017
Lviv, Ukraine
Thanks!
It definitely was! Whiskey... connecting people ;)
Definitely will use the info and most likely the contacts would be helpful too along the journey.

Estonia is a great country! We'll most likely incorporate there using e-residency. Your government made very nice conditions for IT businesses. Ukraine's laws and taxes are still in the 20th century, unfortunately.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend, appreciate the intro.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I like their responses to why they want more money.

Congrats on the birth of your son. Things changed eh?

astr0

Grinding
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 3, 2017
Lviv, Ukraine
Thanks, Andy.
Actually, not much has changed (yet).

Yeah, their responses were strong, definitely showing a higher, Fastlane, level of thinking that slowlaners and sidewalkers. "To do great things" actually felt higher than other for me. It was from a founder of 200++ employees IT company. He wants to scale it more, sell it (for 2x that he wanted last year) and found some startup(s).

pashka

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 24, 2018
Toronto
@astr0 thank you for introduction.
Yeah, the archaic legislative base was one of the reasons that pushed me to take the decision and leave the country.

Being in it for 10 yrs myself I realized that my passion to the industry that I used to have originally has now almost entirely evaporated. Kinda what MJ talks about in his books ("a guy who loves sports cars decides to become a pro driver"). So my choice is ecommerce.

What are you up to now? Thinking to start working on something interesting?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

astr0

Grinding
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 3, 2017
Lviv, Ukraine
"Pro driver" story somehow doesn't work for me...
I'm coding for more than 19 years, commercially for more than 12. And somehow still hold a lot of passion for the industry. Just changing niches inside from time to time: science=>enterprise=>web=>games=>stock market=>crypto=>embedded(=>AI?)

Nothing interesting, yet another boring software development(outsourcing) company, which is my city full of. Just try to do my best to make it right now, will all the knowledge absorbed in those 10 years and much better contacts network. This time I'll try not to write a single line of code myself though.

Toronto is a nice place to live in. My good friend from school emigrated there too a few years ago. Oh, and you have legal weed now :humph:

Last edited:

pashka

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 24, 2018
Toronto
"Pro driver" story somehow doesn't work for me...
I'm coding for more than 19 years, commercially for more than 12. And somehow still hold a lot of passion for the industry. Just changing niches inside from time to time: science=>enterprise=>web=>games=>stock market=>crypto=>embedded(=>AI?)

Nothing interesting, yet another boring software development(outsourcing) company, which is my city full of. Just try to do my best to make it right now, will all the knowledge absorbed in those 10 years and much better contacts network. This time I'll try not to write a single line of code myself though.

Toronto is a nice place to live in. My good friend from school emigrated there too a few years ago. Oh, and you have legal weed now :humph:
I see, well I see that happebed to at least one more person around me and thus it resonates so much with me.

They say boring is what makes money.. Good stuff, keep it up man.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...