- Joined
- Sep 6, 2019
- Messages
- 169
Rep Bank
$785
$785
User Power: 131%
Hi guys, I am so excited to find a forum that is completely off fb. I stumbled on this one while reading up on bro marketing. Lots of good stuff so far.
Anyway, I’m a 29 year old mom of four and a former special education teacher. I quit teaching last year. I started out my teaching career with passion and idealism, and I’m sure you can guess the rest.
Since then I’ve been Dipping heavily into my savings. When I quit, I planned to flesh out my parenting website and use it to both support other parents and support my family. I studied business, affiliate marketing, ebook creation, etc and pretty much every parenting methodology and mindfulness practice out there.
Unfortunately I then ran into huge health issues. I won’t detail them here but I was barely able to work for a few months, and meanwhile the bills needed to get paid. So my bank accounts need topping up and my business is nowhere near profitable.
I won’t be returning to my teaching job. That would be a disaster for my emotional health. Instead I’m taking a content marketing course and plan to freelance in the b2b space.
This feels like a real setback. Sure, freelancing beats working for my soul sucking employers. But I truly believe in my budding little business and I hate having to take this step back.
Anyway, I’m going to keep working at it in whatever time I can spare. And meanwhile I’ll be lurking around these forums.
Anyway, I’m a 29 year old mom of four and a former special education teacher. I quit teaching last year. I started out my teaching career with passion and idealism, and I’m sure you can guess the rest.
Since then I’ve been Dipping heavily into my savings. When I quit, I planned to flesh out my parenting website and use it to both support other parents and support my family. I studied business, affiliate marketing, ebook creation, etc and pretty much every parenting methodology and mindfulness practice out there.
Unfortunately I then ran into huge health issues. I won’t detail them here but I was barely able to work for a few months, and meanwhile the bills needed to get paid. So my bank accounts need topping up and my business is nowhere near profitable.
I won’t be returning to my teaching job. That would be a disaster for my emotional health. Instead I’m taking a content marketing course and plan to freelance in the b2b space.
This feels like a real setback. Sure, freelancing beats working for my soul sucking employers. But I truly believe in my budding little business and I hate having to take this step back.
Anyway, I’m going to keep working at it in whatever time I can spare. And meanwhile I’ll be lurking around these forums.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
