The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction — Excited to be here!

Kyle M

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 12, 2020
Canada
Hey everyone, just wanted to drop a quick note to introduce myself. Just finished reading TMF and quickly ordered 'Unscripted ' not long after. By far one of the best books I've read and very timely!

Little bit about my story: I've been self-employed for the past 12 years in the video production and photography worlds, earning an income doing 'what I love'. This has involved doing both freelance work and running a production company. Two years ago, I was burnt out from constantly trading my time for money, and I was also starting to lose my passion for my craft, so I got out of the production world, traveled for a bit, and then decided I wanted to start building an income passively so that I could have more freedom and flexibility.

This new plan was still centered around my passion... So far, that's been a YouTube channel that currently has around 35,000subs, an online course (with another in the works), and some affiliate income. It's been a great learning experience and opened my eyes to the potential out there when it comes to generating income online, but because it's attached to my 'passion', I find myself not taking action on nearly enough things and also pushing away potential opportunities because they don't align with my 'creative vision' or my 'art'.

Anyways, just recently I started thinking to myself, what if I built a business that leveraged some of my strengths but wasn't built around my passion and 'what I love'? And then I read TMF and it was like a giant slap across the face... in a good way. It's not only strengthened that thought of detaching my business from my 'passion' but made me realize how limiting that marriage between the two has been.

In the past, my 'why' was: "I just want to make meaningful work", or "I just want to do something I love". As long as me and my family were comfortable financially, I never thought of the other opportunities out there and the life we could build. It was always a time for money trade.

Whereas now my focus is on flexibility, freedom, and security, for my family.

Anyways, really excited to be here and to learn from everyone. I feel like the book and now these forums are bringing some massive clarity right at a point where I've finally decided to make a shift!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...