The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Eviction ban work around?

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
What would happen if landlords would set up their rental units like motels to avoid the Eviction Ban?
And how do hotels/motels/inns kick out a guest that stays past their time to leave?

For some reason I thought about this the other day and thought I'd ask, maybe someone can share their thoughts on this? or, at the best case, it's a workable hack to get people out...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Extended stay hotels already exist. Stay at a place long enough, and most states have laws that will classify you no longer as a hotel guest, but as a tenant with tenant rights.

tylerwilkinson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Sep 25, 2019
Rhode Island
I don’t know the legal details of the eviction ban other than it being wildly unconstitutional.

My 2¢: Cash for keys is probably still valid. Just more expensive than it used to be.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Extended stay hotels already exist. Stay at a place long enough, and most states have laws that will classify you no longer as a hotel guest, but as a tenant with tenant rights.
perfect answer, that's what I was curious about :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
A lawyer would eat you alive in court. They would say 'Does this place look like a hotel? They just wanted to get around the eviction ban and my defendant should have tenant rights" and it would be a done deal.

Even if it WAS a hotel, it wouldn't work if they stayed there very long.

Still, all of this is retarded. Why should you be entitled to occupy someone else's property without payment and legally force them to allow you to stay there. What the F*ck is that?

"But you can't just kick people out on the street"

Pay rent then. Or get a cheaper place. Get a roommate. That's life. Nobody owes you a free place to stay.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
A lawyer would eat you alive in court. They would say 'Does this place look like a hotel? They just wanted to get around the eviction ban and my defendant should have tenant rights" and it would be a done deal.

Even if it WAS a hotel, it wouldn't work if they stayed there very long.

Still, all of this is retarded. Why should you be entitled to occupy someone else's property without payment and legally force them to allow you to stay there. What the f*ck is that?

"But you can't just kick people out on the street"

Pay rent then. Or get a cheaper place. Get a roommate. That's life. Nobody owes you a free place to stay.
Air b-n-b then... thoughts?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.