• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! Establishing a Productocracy - PULLing rather than PUSHing

Discussion in 'Ideas, Needs, Concept Feedback' started by amp0193, May 19, 2017.

1. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,772
    Admin Post
    I noticed Facebook started advertising on major television markets. Guess that means the end of their productocracy. They never NEEDED to advertise before. And their stock is at a 52 week low. I only can hope it is the beginning of the end for Zuckerf*ck and company.

MARKED NOTABLE.

daru, Not_That_MD, Solais and 12 others like this.
  2. Abood

Abood New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $134
    IIwould l
    I would love to see your product

Santi Merino likes this.
  3. Santi Merino

Santi Merino Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $153
    Don't you like Zuck, MJ? Could I ask why? Would be interesting a new point of view 'cause I always heard good things about him.

4. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $47,691
    Ruh Roh

What did the ad say? "Please... won't you come back?"

I was off for a few years and when I came back last year it was shocking the difference. The hey day is long gone.

I can't remember the last time someone I cared about posted something that happened to them. Unless it was an outrageously huge recognition of some kind. Or like, a kid was born. The only active friends are those in an MLM or those building their personal brand and influence.

It's a ghost town. It's now only a place to share political articles and keep up with hobby groups.

There's so little content being posted from people I actually know, that the facebook feed has resorted to showing mostly "memories" and random posts from groups that I'm in.

And it's so bloated with useless features and colors and stickers it's border-line seizure inducing. It reminds me of myspace before it bit the dust.

TinyOldLady, Deceiver, lucasb and 7 others like this.
  5. Bhanu

Bhanu Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $920
    My FB account asks me to add more 'friends' so that I can see their content . I already have 140-150 friends .Looks like no one is posting anything these days. All I get is request to watch/join useless videos, political groups and advertisement..lol .

amp0193 likes this.
  6. Kruiser

Kruiser Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $1,036
    I find FB to be very useful for various business "groups." That is pretty much all I use it for. It is actually surprising when someone I know posts something personal and it makes it into my news feed.

amp0193 likes this.
  7. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,772
    Admin Post
    Looked to be goodwill/institutional advertising, meaning, they know their reputation has taken some damage and they're trying to save face. Then a week later I saw something for their new gadget that spies on you in your home so they can sell you more pop-ads at Instagram. Yea, where do I sign up for that disaster?

The same reason why I don't like someone tracking my internet usage and then spying on my phone calls so they can tell me with an ironfist what I can and cannot say according to some virtue signalling Utopian worldview.

8. Roli

Roli Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,236
    Why?

9. Santi Merino

Santi Merino Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $153
    He just answered that above, is this:

10. sparechange

sparechange Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,391
    Santi Merino likes this.
  11. TreyAllDay

TreyAllDay Whatever it takes Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,222
    I always wonder what the right balance is here. I stress the crap out of myself thinking about marketing and SEO since we're a B2B product, we need to be found when people look. But having such an incredible product that the marketing handles itself - that's the goal.

amp0193 likes this.
  12. Solais

Solais Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $517
    I'd say 75% of the fault lies with Zuckerfuck. The other 25% lies with the cultural/political climate that stifles free speech especially in most of California's cities. Zuckerfuck and the Facebook board caved in to them and refused to update their noxious and odious privacy/data collection procedures.

About a year ago, someone who worked for BlackRock told me, "Facebook is heading to $230 by the end of 2018." This is why you never listen to random people at family/friend's gatherings when they give their stock tips...

Santi Merino likes this.
  13. Bekit

Bekit Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,340
    @amp0193 I would love to know how this turned out. Do you have a separate progress thread on the results you got?

14. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $47,691
    I pre-sold almost the whole container, yes.

What didn't pre-sell was sold in a week or two.

Next two containers were 50% pre-sold on arrival as well.

Progress thread wasn't updated in real time. But I did recently start one with a hindsight look over the last year. Link in signature. Insiders thread.

Bekit likes this.
  15. Bekit

Bekit Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,340
    Awesome, thanks for sharing! That's inspiring.

When I become an insider, I'll check it out!

16. Flo2018

Flo2018 PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $2
    Great 1st post, for me it looks like a "detailed translation" of MJ's Productocracy from the book but I think that after 18 months not knowing what the product is/was and how it went on the market for the reader of this thread it's like driving a Lamborghini only in the 1st gear :)

17. B. Cole

B. Cole Stop me. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,484
    I'll be curious to see if the older demographic on FB begins shifting to other platforms, rides it out forever on FB like the diehard MySpacers, or if they abandon social media altogether. My target audience is easily reached on FB, definitely something to watch.

18. daru

daru Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $937
    MJ DeMarco and amp0193 like this.
  19. Kastosaurus

Kastosaurus New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $47
    Could you go more in-depth regarding pre-selling your product?

20. amp0193

Rep Bank:
    $47,691
    Get sample
    Share a pic on instagram every day, using relevant hashtags
    Share with influencer who makes a tweet
    3 months in advance, run a 30% off sale.
    Use that money to pay factory balance.
    2 months in advance, run a 15% off sale.
    1 month in advance, at retail price, and count down the number of units left on social media.

It helps if your product is worth waiting for.

GPM and rpeck90 like this.
  21. jon.M

jon.M Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $35
    [​IMG]

- Use DuckDuckGo — Privacy, simplified.
    - Switch from Google Chrome to Firefox or another more private browser, activate the "Do not track me" setting.
    - Ditch Gmail & Outlook
    - Switch from Windows OS to Linux
    - Put some electric tape over your webcam for good measure.

daru likes this.