The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entrepreneurship... One Hell of a Ride

Trenzui

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Nov 11, 2016
Hello, my name is Terrence Feliciano. I am from a small town of Roxas, province of Isabela, Philippines.

I was born from a poor family. My mother was a clerk and my father was a farmer. I am the eldest among my two siblings.
Back in the day, we'd be very grateful if we get to eat instant noodles. To make it more memorable, we usually use gas lamp during dinner.

When I was a kid, my grandfather used to bring me with him at the public market and sell tomatoes. I enjoyed this a lot.

This was the time when I had my "first taste" of entrepreneurship.
And when I was in high school, I stealthily sold wafer sticks inside the classroom

Then, when I was in college, I read Richdad Poordad. And this was the start of my rollercoaster entrepreneurship journey...

My mindset was, "the only way toward financial freedom is entrepreneurship"

From 2009 to 2012:

I started a grilled fish business.
I started an ice cream cart business.
I started a motorcycle helmet selling business.
I started a mini-restaurant business.
I joined a MLM food supplement business.
I started a congee food cart business.
I started a fried chicken business.
I started a burger stand business.
I co-founded a water refilling station business.
I started a custom-designed helmet business.
I joined a congee selling corporation.

And all of them, failed.

I had zero money on my bank account. So I went to Doha, Qatar and worked as a Document Controller.

While I was working on my 9-5 job, I enrolled to different online courses such as: The Foundation with Dane Maxwell and Consulting with Sam Ovens.

After 2 years, I decided to go back to Philippines and start a real estate digital marketing consulting business.

That business gained traction, I helped a low-rise condominium developer sell out their 32-unit condo in 3 months.

As an immature entrepreneur, I thought I was the king of the world.

So, I wasted my money to partying, drinking and buying things which are liabilities.

Sadly, I found myself broke for the second time around.

So I said, f*ck it I am going to Singapore and work as a Digital Marketing Executive.

And I did.

In Singapore, I read the book, The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ de Marco.

I looked at entrepreneurship in a new perspective. In a new light.

After 1 and a half years in Singapore, I went back home.

In 2017, I started my 13th business endeavor - an Internet Service Provider business.

This business aimed to provide fast and reliable wireless internet to household, private offices and government agencies (customers pay on a monthly basis)

I was earning decent amount of money... and then!

In 2018, I got scammed by a medicine distribution company via a Ponzi scheme.

In total, I invested $66,318. This includes money of my friends and acquaintances who invested thru me.

All our money was gone.

This was my pit - the darkest days of my life.

Some people wanted to sue me. Some people harassed me. I was traumatized.

I lost it too.

I remember shouting inside my car, "God, why did You let this happen to me? I am a good person! Why?! There are other people who are killing people, murdering people! But why me?! Why?!"

And then I cried in prayer, "God, please help me. I know this too shall pass. And it is going to be okay"

Then next day, I knew that the solution was simple, to pay these people back. But I also knew, it was never an easy solution.

So, I asked the help of my parents. They allowed me to loan their house and lot at a cooperative bank for $29,258 on a 5-year amortization period.

I used this money to pay some of the people who invested thru me. But was not enough to pay-off all I owe from them.

$66,318 minus $29,258. I still need a lot of money to pay-off these people.

So I borrowed from local banks. And got into the pit of debt mess.

With the emotional and financial challenges, all I focused on was keeping myself healthy and this mindset:

"If money is the problem, increasing income is the solution"

But it was not that easy - especially when Covid 19 started. But I got to fight! I have to give a good fight.

As my fate unfolds, big telco companies entered our town to provide Internet services, I lost 50% of my customers.

Sleepless nights. Anxiety. Stress.

In 2021, I found my finances in a negative -$600 per month cashflow.

And the wake up call? We have an upcoming first newborn baby along the way.

So I decided to take out another loan from the bank to upgrade, rebuild and expand my business by providing Internet services to remote and rural areas within our province.

After 2 months of operation, I got my finance into positive +$390 per month cashflow.

To be honest, positive +$390 per month cashflow is not enough. Considering the potential collapse of my Internet business and the financial needs of my upcoming newborn baby.

I needed to make a move, fast.

I got three options to increase my income.

A. To expand my Internet business
B. Create an online business
C. To find a high paying job abroad

If I expand my business, I have to wait for few months to generate capital for expansion from the monthly cashflow.
If I create an online business, I need to spend some money to start.
If I find a high paying job abroad, I could earn a good amount of steady paycheck.

I chose option C and decided to find a high paying job.

With the grace of God, I was hired as a New Product Intro Engineer... to work in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico!

Right now, I am processing my work visa.

My entrepreneurship journey does not end here. Not today.

My plan is to love my job as NPI Engineer. To work as if I am a shareholder of the company (I know how it feels to have an excellent employee)

Create online business on the side (I plan to relaunch my Acid Reflux X online program)

And ultimately, get back my parents' house and lot title, pay-off all my debts and become debt-free!

“The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps” (Proverbs 16:9)

With this rollercoaster entrepreneurship journey, I am blessed to gain wisdom from this experience.

I was ambitious. I was reckless. I was greedy.

And I learned from it - in a hard way.

And with all the learnings I had in life and business, I know I have the tools to be BETTER.

It is really one hell of a ride so far - I am excited to embark on a new chapter of my life.

If I may, please allow me to share my personal definition of a "Good Life"

1. Being healthy both in mind and body.
2. Be able to have a restful sleep and a peaceful night.
3. Life without enemies, just good relationships.
4. No huge debts or no debt at all.
5. Have a less stress source of income.
6. Be able to enjoy the simple moments of life.

With humility, thank you for reading this far.

I hope to journey with you and together, let's achieve financial freedom... and The Good Life.

Truly,

Terrence Feliciano

P.S. We had our simple gender reveal party yesterday and... it's a boy!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• 273159226_370369264919651_1648922195085463847_n.jpg
    273159226_370369264919651_1648922195085463847_n.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Man you already have skin in the game! You got this man! (y)

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
Welcome,
What a roller coaster ride you've had so far, and haven't given up - well done.
With this rollercoaster entrepreneurship journey, I am blessed to gain wisdom from this experience.

And with all the learnings I had in life and business, I know I have the tools to be BETTER.

It is really one hell of a ride so far - I am excited to embark on a new chapter of my life.

I like your personal definition of a good life, and with all you have learnt I look forward to reading about your progress.
Good luck.

Trenzui

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Nov 11, 2016
Welcome,
What a roller coaster ride you've had so far, and haven't given up - well done.

I like your personal definition of a good life, and with all you have learnt I look forward to reading about your progress.
Good luck.
As long as we breathe, there is hope. This definition of a good life means so much because it is what I have learned in life and business so far and probably add a few more in the process. Thank you for the appreciation, will keep you posted.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Hello, my name is Terrence Feliciano. I am from a small town of Roxas, province of Isabela, Philippines.

I was born from a poor family. My mother was a clerk and my father was a farmer. I am the eldest among my two siblings.
Back in the day, we'd be very grateful if we get to eat instant noodles. To make it more memorable, we usually use gas lamp during dinner.

When I was a kid, my grandfather used to bring me with him at the public market and sell tomatoes. I enjoyed this a lot.

This was the time when I had my "first taste" of entrepreneurship.
And when I was in high school, I stealthily sold wafer sticks inside the classroom

Then, when I was in college, I read Richdad Poordad. And this was the start of my rollercoaster entrepreneurship journey...

My mindset was, "the only way toward financial freedom is entrepreneurship"

From 2009 to 2012:

I started a grilled fish business.
I started an ice cream cart business.
I started a motorcycle helmet selling business.
I started a mini-restaurant business.
I joined a MLM food supplement business.
I started a congee food cart business.
I started a fried chicken business.
I started a burger stand business.
I co-founded a water refilling station business.
I started a custom-designed helmet business.
I joined a congee selling corporation.

And all of them, failed.

I had zero money on my bank account. So I went to Doha, Qatar and worked as a Document Controller.

While I was working on my 9-5 job, I enrolled to different online courses such as: The Foundation with Dane Maxwell and Consulting with Sam Ovens.

After 2 years, I decided to go back to Philippines and start a real estate digital marketing consulting business.

That business gained traction, I helped a low-rise condominium developer sell out their 32-unit condo in 3 months.

As an immature entrepreneur, I thought I was the king of the world.

So, I wasted my money to partying, drinking and buying things which are liabilities.

Sadly, I found myself broke for the second time around.

So I said, f*ck it I am going to Singapore and work as a Digital Marketing Executive.

And I did.

In Singapore, I read the book, The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ de Marco.

I looked at entrepreneurship in a new perspective. In a new light.

After 1 and a half years in Singapore, I went back home.

In 2017, I started my 13th business endeavor - an Internet Service Provider business.

This business aimed to provide fast and reliable wireless internet to household, private offices and government agencies (customers pay on a monthly basis)

I was earning decent amount of money... and then!

In 2018, I got scammed by a medicine distribution company via a Ponzi scheme.

In total, I invested $66,318. This includes money of my friends and acquaintances who invested thru me.

All our money was gone.

This was my pit - the darkest days of my life.

Some people wanted to sue me. Some people harassed me. I was traumatized.

I lost it too.

I remember shouting inside my car, "God, why did You let this happen to me? I am a good person! Why?! There are other people who are killing people, murdering people! But why me?! Why?!"

And then I cried in prayer, "God, please help me. I know this too shall pass. And it is going to be okay"

Then next day, I knew that the solution was simple, to pay these people back. But I also knew, it was never an easy solution.

So, I asked the help of my parents. They allowed me to loan their house and lot at a cooperative bank for $29,258 on a 5-year amortization period.

I used this money to pay some of the people who invested thru me. But was not enough to pay-off all I owe from them.

$66,318 minus $29,258. I still need a lot of money to pay-off these people.

So I borrowed from local banks. And got into the pit of debt mess.

With the emotional and financial challenges, all I focused on was keeping myself healthy and this mindset:

"If money is the problem, increasing income is the solution"

But it was not that easy - especially when Covid 19 started. But I got to fight! I have to give a good fight.

As my fate unfolds, big telco companies entered our town to provide Internet services, I lost 50% of my customers.

Sleepless nights. Anxiety. Stress.

In 2021, I found my finances in a negative -$600 per month cashflow.

And the wake up call? We have an upcoming first newborn baby along the way.

So I decided to take out another loan from the bank to upgrade, rebuild and expand my business by providing Internet services to remote and rural areas within our province.

After 2 months of operation, I got my finance into positive +$390 per month cashflow.

To be honest, positive +$390 per month cashflow is not enough. Considering the potential collapse of my Internet business and the financial needs of my upcoming newborn baby.

I needed to make a move, fast.

I got three options to increase my income.

A. To expand my Internet business
B. Create an online business
C. To find a high paying job abroad

If I expand my business, I have to wait for few months to generate capital for expansion from the monthly cashflow.
If I create an online business, I need to spend some money to start.
If I find a high paying job abroad, I could earn a good amount of steady paycheck.

I chose option C and decided to find a high paying job.

With the grace of God, I was hired as a New Product Intro Engineer... to work in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico!

Right now, I am processing my work visa.

My entrepreneurship journey does not end here. Not today.

My plan is to love my job as NPI Engineer. To work as if I am a shareholder of the company (I know how it feels to have an excellent employee)

Create online business on the side (I plan to relaunch my Acid Reflux X online program)

And ultimately, get back my parents' house and lot title, pay-off all my debts and become debt-free!

“The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps” (Proverbs 16:9)

With humility, thank you for reading this far.

I hope to journey with you and together, let's achieve financial freedom... and The Good Life.

Truly,

Terrence Feliciano

P.S. We had our simple gender reveal party yesterday and... it's a boy!!!
This is inspiring! You've got this!

MexicanCreator48

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Feb 14, 2022
Mexico
This is one of the best pieces of advice you can give to someone about being successful.

farouqali

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 16, 2021
"the only way toward financial freedom is entrepreneurship"
Hello Trenzui,
let these words be a constant reminder while you are working, "that Salary is a bribe to forget your dreams"
so plan how you are going to invest in your business idea and how you are going to bail yourself out of Debt. !
And all of them, failed.

I had zero money on my bank account
this is an important lesson you faced, i say this because i have been through a similar situation of failure. No one will come to save you in such moments. "Its You who has got to fix it". Thanks for the reminder !!

Try and make this your final chance to be employed, see what can sustain you back home while you are investing on your business. Choose people who know you well, have a good background and have achieved in similar investments you wish to venture.(they will mentor you and seek their advice).
this time you are starting again but armed with experience and Believe "that you will succeed"

working in the Diaspora has its advantages ( it is my biggest source of capital for investment).

i wish you all the best in your next endeavor.
welcome to the forum !!

Trenzui

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Nov 11, 2016
Hello Trenzui,
let these words be a constant reminder while you are working, "that Salary is a bribe to forget your dreams"
so plan how you are going to invest in your business idea and how you are going to bail yourself out of Debt. !

this is an important lesson you faced, i say this because i have been through a similar situation of failure. No one will come to save you in such moments. "Its You who has got to fix it". Thanks for the reminder !!

Try and make this your final chance to be employed, see what can sustain you back home while you are investing on your business. Choose people who know you well, have a good background and have achieved in similar investments you wish to venture.(they will mentor you and seek their advice).
this time you are starting again but armed with experience and Believe "that you will succeed"

working in the Diaspora has its advantages ( it is my biggest source of capital for investment).
Hello Farouqali,

Thank you for pointing that "Salary is a bribe to forget your dreams" and yes, I am going to plan on how to first pay my debts and then re-establish my mind into doing business while working.

Agreed that no one will come to save us in such moments. And this makes us tough and resilient.

My focus is to be employed for a longer period of time.

Clear my mind. Re-align my sanity. Refresh my environment.

Part of my salary shall go to debt payment. Then slowly build a business on the side.

Fun Fact:

My wife and I agreed to sell my Internet Service Provider business for $35,170. If we successfully sell our ISP business, we'll have cash to pay off some of our loans. This way, our monthly cashflow becomes better. So hopefully, before I go to Mexico, we'll have a deal with our buyer.

Trenzui

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Nov 11, 2016

Agreed. If I may ask, while working abroad, where do you invest your money?

farouqali

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 16, 2021
"If I may ask, while working abroad, where do you invest your money"?
well, thank you for asking i will try and simplify....
You know well your place and you know which opportunities work well for you.
if you invest your little earnings to a small business to sustain your family. They wont be depending on your monthly remittance?
why am saying this; while working in the diaspora you can save and build your assets.(fixed assets, "Govt security bonds") your money is in safe hands until when you decide to come back and put it into your business.

Trenzui

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Nov 11, 2016
It's been 1 year and 6 months since I posted an update.

Surprise surprise!

I did not go to Mexico to work as a New Product Engineer.

I needed to stay for 7 days at a quarantine facility, a hotel; while I was there I contemplated about the pros and cons of working abroad ang leaving my Internet Service Provider business and my soon to be born son.... so 2 days before my flight, I cancelled my contract.

And wrote to the travel agency and the company that I decided not to go because of personal reasons - I did not want to miss my opportunity of experiencing all the beautiful memories of being a first time dad.

And they understood.

Fast forward today, my son is now 1 year and 6 months. Healthy and happy baby boy.

I made the right decision.

Together with my Internet Service Provider business, I built an agency where I provide marketing services for derma clinics.

During this tenure, I discovered a problem for dermatologists which needs a software.

Now, I am developing the software... and guess what? The dermatologists, whom I spoke with, funded the development cost of the software they want.

In few months time, the software shall be launched.

My goal is to grow this software business and follow the path of The Millionaire Fastlane .

Thank you for reading this far.

God bless us all!

Attachments

• 43BCE5AD-05E8-429A-95A0-C58D039BCEE6.jpeg
    43BCE5AD-05E8-429A-95A0-C58D039BCEE6.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 3

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Congrats!!

Belated congratulations on the birth of your son, on making the right choice, on building a business, and finding an opportunity you can execute on.

It's all systems go. Having a client fund of the whole thing is just gravy on top.

Thanks for coming back and giving us an update, hopefully the next one doesn't take 18 months... :rofl:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...