The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

endless entrepreneur, mom of 5, sick of the sidewalk

birthawakening

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
667%
Sep 19, 2022
Central Texas
Hi all! I'm eager to read more on these forums and start implementing some changes!

I've been in biz for myself in various forms since 2009 as a freelancer. Even before that, I was crafting, flea-marketing, and selling on eBay to make ends meet as a young mom. I've lived in semi-rural Texas my whole life (sigh) and spend a lot of time driving to the city - even though we have an idyllic backyard garden with chickens.

Having 5 kids throughout my 20s, my priority was to stay home with them, especially when they were young. I learned to live extra-frugal to make that happen, and my biz efforts have always been bootstrapped together with DIY, solo-effort - all while homeschooling my kids and helping my husband with his spotty freelancing work.

My path has been chaotic and varied, kind of like @MJ DeMarco 's was in the beginning... I've done web dev, UX design, tons of copywriting, email marketing for 6- and 7-fig entrepreneurs. In other words, I've always helped others grow their businesses, instead of investing time or money to grow my own.

I've always been a writer - from short stories on dot-matrix printers as a kid, to ghostwriting books for PhD researchers. I've blogged publicly since 2005 (switched to Substack platform last year), and have authored two viral blogs so far.

I also teach childbirth education and have attended many births in hospital and outside the system. I have created a bunch of passive income products around holistic pregnancy and mothering (this is my website's main focus). Earlier this year, I finally published the book I started writing + illustrating in 2011 - a guidebook on intuitive pregnancy!

Six years ago, I was introduced to Human Design and Gene Keys, and I'm also creating a course on Human Design for Parents.

In short, I'm a creative.

Currently, I'm spread pretty thin with everything I do for others - my kids, my husband, my father. But I'm also sick of being on the sidewalk - especially as I take immense pride in watching my young-adult kids take risks and experience more freedom than I had when I was their age.

Going to check out some gold threads and intros here - very glad this isn't a "safe space" or hosted on Facebook! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The way social media nichinization is evolving, any of your specialties perhaps could be monetized in a Fastlane venture. You really never know anymore.

So welcome aboard, great to have ya!

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
638%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi all! I'm eager to read more on these forums and start implementing some changes!

I've been in biz for myself in various forms since 2009 as a freelancer. Even before that, I was crafting, flea-marketing, and selling on eBay to make ends meet as a young mom. I've lived in semi-rural Texas my whole life (sigh) and spend a lot of time driving to the city - even though we have an idyllic backyard garden with chickens.

Having 5 kids throughout my 20s, my priority was to stay home with them, especially when they were young. I learned to live extra-frugal to make that happen, and my biz efforts have always been bootstrapped together with DIY, solo-effort - all while homeschooling my kids and helping my husband with his spotty freelancing work.

My path has been chaotic and varied, kind of like @MJ DeMarco 's was in the beginning... I've done web dev, UX design, tons of copywriting, email marketing for 6- and 7-fig entrepreneurs. In other words, I've always helped others grow their businesses, instead of investing time or money to grow my own.

I've always been a writer - from short stories on dot-matrix printers as a kid, to ghostwriting books for PhD researchers. I've blogged publicly since 2005 (switched to Substack platform last year), and have authored two viral blogs so far.

I also teach childbirth education and have attended many births in hospital and outside the system. I have created a bunch of passive income products around holistic pregnancy and mothering (this is my website's main focus). Earlier this year, I finally published the book I started writing + illustrating in 2011 - a guidebook on intuitive pregnancy!

Six years ago, I was introduced to Human Design and Gene Keys, and I'm also creating a course on Human Design for Parents.

In short, I'm a creative.

Currently, I'm spread pretty thin with everything I do for others - my kids, my husband, my father. But I'm also sick of being on the sidewalk - especially as I take immense pride in watching my young-adult kids take risks and experience more freedom than I had when I was their age.

Going to check out some gold threads and intros here - very glad this isn't a "safe space" or hosted on Facebook! :)
Welcome aboard, and kudos for trying, evolving, learning and pressing forward.

I know how demanding life can be especially once you introduce a spouse / child (ren) / house / aging parents etc into the mix, especially when combined with business demands and trying to grow a business for yourself. BUT that's never been an excuse in my book either. So best you can do is press on , learn ask questions and grow ... with time and action into something a bit more fastlane.

Good luck, and happy to have you here !!

NeoDialectic

Successfully Exited the Rat Race
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
687%
Feb 11, 2022
Phoenix, az
Welcome to the forums. It sounds like you have a GREAT base for becoming a good entrepreneur. You have shown early interest in wheeling and dealing , you have alot of small niche talents, and dealing with 5 kids is a skill set in itself.

Your biggest problem may be finding the time to apply yourself. Hopefully you will find some motivation on these forums and make some time. You and your family will be glad you did!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...