The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Feeling the heat of the sidewalking

Bramxq

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Oct 24, 2017
Netherlands
Hello guys,

So I have been on this forum for a while now but only been wanna-be entrepeneuring and reading through things. So in around 15 months I finish my exams and I will be graduated. I literally feel the heat of a 9-5 job and I need to take god damn action. So I am a fitness enthousiast and I can pretty surely say I am really good at it and I know a lot about nutrition and training. But I dont think its something I want to pursue.

I am willing to die the next 15 months and start mastering a single skill beside the study I follow to prevent me falling into the 9-5 rhythm and feeling comfortable in it..

So my question is.. Which single skill would you master? for example: Social media marketing, sales etc? And also state how would you practice it..

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sales and communication (both written and oral) will serve you for your entire life.

That skill essentially is relevant no matter what you choose to do in life.

Bramxq

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Oct 24, 2017
Netherlands
Sales and communication (both written and oral) will serve you for your entire life.

That skill essentially is relevant no matter what you choose to do in life.

Thanks for your reply.

I know I could find information on it reading books etc. But how would you practice it if you still were in school and didnt have a job or anything that has to do with sales? I mean I have to practice the information in the books somewhere, right? Thats something I am not clear about, how can I practice that :x I wanna start yesterday and not tomorrow..

Fpm9

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 27, 2017
Paris
Thanks for your reply.

I know I could find information on it reading books etc. But how would you practice it if you still were in school and didnt have a job or anything that has to do with sales? I mean I have to practice the information in the books somewhere, right? Thats something I am not clear about, how can I practice that :x I wanna start yesterday and not tomorrow..

You don't have to sell a product of a service if you want some practice. You can sell your ideas to your friends, like convincing them to do something or selling them on the fastlane mindset. Or you can even practice your negotiation while buying stuff.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Sales : Selling yourself to a public, selling your product, selling your coaching program, selling your skills, selling < Techniques

Communications : How you speak, your manners, your hand gestuals, art of persuasion...

As MJ said, for me both are essential.

But you'll see that the further you go in life, the more skill you'll need (specially if you build a business (copywritting)).

Bramxq

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Oct 24, 2017
Netherlands
You don't have to sell a product of a service if you want some practice. You can sell your ideas to your friends, like convincing them to do something or selling them on the fastlane mindset. Or you can even practice your negotiation while buying stuff.

Thanks, I will definitley get into this!

Sales : Selling yourself to a public, selling your product, selling your coaching program, selling your skills, selling < Techniques

Communications : How you speak, your manners, your hand gestuals, art of persuasion...

As MJ said, for me both are essential.

But you'll see that the further you go in life, the more skill you'll need (specially if you build a business (copywritting)).

Yeah I have still have to improve in both ways for sure. Tomorrow I have a presentation on school and I have said to my project group I will do the presentation so I get to speak in public =)

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Yeah I have still have to improve in both ways for sure. Tomorrow I have a presentation on school and I have said to my project group I will do the presentation so I get to speak in public =)
Focus on having fun while doing the presentation, even if you're scared or not good at it, practice and learn to speak with your hands also.
Good luck !

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.