The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Education versus Experience??

Brendan8450

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 29, 2018
Leeds, UK
Education nowadays means a degree and credentials. .however...the institutions do give you an arena to get experience and get with like minded people..
It is no mystery that those who have impacted us did not follow conventions. The technology side urks me because mental health is far more important nowadays. Those who have less than adaquate will feel lost..worthless..helpless.

What do I think?
My father was old school. He learned from my grandad in the war. My mother was the same. There was a Quantum Leap in tech that happened for us that even rattles me with smart TVs.

I have a nephew and i gave him a trip to where grandad did engineering. G'dad made wheels and instruments that make clocks turn and motors run, cars lorries and even tanks.
My nephew had no idea or clue where to start or what lever to pull or button to press.

I like to think we are evolving. 3 or 4 years of education can surpass unless it is of the higher tier. ...who defines what is higher? Meh..we all know..

The point is...we adapt.
Mother Nature's idea of education is giving the bird mamma n pappa a gene to push n let them fly. Bears leave.

If your grades are sh*t..it does not mean you are.

My nephew helped me type this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Education nowadays means a degree and credentials. .however...the institutions do give you an arena to get experience and get with like minded people..
It is no mystery that those who have impacted us did not follow conventions. The technology side urks me because mental health is far more important nowadays. Those who have less than adaquate will feel lost..worthless..helpless.

What do I think?
My father was old school. He learned from my grandad in the war. My mother was the same. There was a Quantum Leap in tech that happened for us that even rattles me with smart TVs.

I have a nephew and i gave him a trip to where grandad did engineering. G'dad made wheels and instruments that make clocks turn and motors run, cars lorries and even tanks.
My nephew had no idea or clue where to start or what lever to pull or button to press.

I like to think we are evolving. 3 or 4 years of education can surpass unless it is of the higher tier. ...who defines what is higher? Meh..we all know..

The point is...we adapt.
Mother Nature's idea of education is giving the bird mamma n pappa a gene to push n let them fly. Bears leave.

If your grades are sh*t..it does not mean you are.

My nephew helped me type this.
Timely.

My nephew found out he failed his Maths exams yesterday. Apparently he spent the morning locked in his room. It makes me sad, and not a little mad.

I think I saw him out with his dad later on as the passenger in his van. His dad fixes washing machines and works for himself.

I hope my nephew realises his worth is not written on some piece of paper.

Brendan8450

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 29, 2018
Leeds, UK
Hope your nephew is okay. It must be ffrustratng not being an i fluence but knowing how that sh*ts gonna fly..

I guess you want to bang their heads together. Do you have contact with your nephew?
If so, grit your teeth and create your way of encouraging him. Secret? Deceptive? Devious? ..yeh..sometimes..if the judge is right we need it

Hope u disguise your frustration and continue your ideal...

Webs always come together

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
On the subject of “Education vs Experience” ...

“Wisdom is earned.” (Unknown)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Brendan8450

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 29, 2018
Leeds, UK
Andy..

Do you feel like you can be a source of wisdom?

We all have the best intentions. ..take a moment.

This forum is here for you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.