The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ebook Scaling - second edition and audiobook

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Tossek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 5, 2019
Germany
Hi,

I have a bit of a problem with finding the right path of how to deal with the second edition of an ebook.

I mean in a way it is like with any product, bring it to the open field, test it, get responses, adapt, improve, repeat. I would like to go second edition with my ebook and then bring it into an audiobook. However, the platforms themselves are a hurdle for going on. Personally, I think that the audiobook is better suitable for my target audience (young adults) and sales would benefit.

Topics that rise are:
1) New edition implemtation by deleting the old one and then bring up the new one. I feel that I lose all my reviews in this way. Is there a chance to carry them over or do I have to start from scratch?
2) Audiobook seems a big hurdle for me here in Germany. ACX is not direct accessable, for sure I have to use a distributor. Benefit: I can get this than to itunes and spotify and soon but most of them do not have the opportunity to share royalties and want upfront cash. I highly doubt that I would get this cash back since the sells are very limited so far and I have little experience ...
3) ... however I bought a good (not high fidelity but good) microphone and would be able to somehow manage to put up my own amateur booth and record own files. This would give everything my personal vibe and might boost the sells - or they hate my voice :) I dont know.

Any suggestions on any of those three points would be highly appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dario

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 14, 2012
Some changes will require a new ISBN, others will not
Maybe you find this guide useful

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts