The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

E-Mail Marketing Agency (Not Webdesign, but same Principles apply)

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey Everyone,

I want to use this post to share my Journey in building an E-Mail Marketing Agency, which I believe is a similar goal to many of you who are building your webdesign agency. I have experience running my own Shopify store and was making around 40k Revenue per month at the maximum point (10-15% Margin). Now I have decided to step away from running my own online store and instead focus on Agency work, since I want to keep my business completely 100% digital (dont want to handle physical returns). I see lots of Potential, which is why im going all in on this idea.

I will try to post at least 2-3 times per week in here to keep you guys updated about my actions, how its moving forward and whats happening.

Here is a summary of my Situation so far:

- Im focusing on this business full-time (quit my job 4 months ago, been travelling and working simultaneously)
- I acquired 3 clients so far, each of them paid approx 1k Euros and they will also be paying me 10% of revenues generated by email marketing for the next 2 months.
- My website: emailperformancemarketing.de (its in German, but im very happy if anyone experienced with agency business can give me feedback)
- Current focus is to build a team (hire 2-3 people) so that I can have an automated system Lead Generation --> Lead Conversion --> Service Fulfillment system
- I intend to focus on Social Selling via Instagram + Linkedin Platform. If you have an agency business and are doing something similar, please PM me to connect, I really want to share and discuss my strategy in-depth with other people who are doing this.
- My goal is to bring this business to 100k Profit/ Month by 10th of December this year

If you are interested to follow my Journey in this business, I would really appreciate it if you leave a short post and introduce yourself so that we can connect. Also, it motivates me to keep this post active and keep sharing my progress on a more regular basis.

Best,
Champion

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Biswas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Feb 24, 2021
Hey Everyone,

I want to use this post to share my Journey in building an E-Mail Marketing Agency, which I believe is a similar goal to many of you who are building your webdesign agency. I have experience running my own Shopify store and was making around 40k Revenue per month at the maximum point (10-15% Margin). Now I have decided to step away from running my own online store and instead focus on Agency work, since I want to keep my business completely 100% digital (dont want to handle physical returns). I see lots of Potential, which is why im going all in on this idea.

I will try to post at least 2-3 times per week in here to keep you guys updated about my actions, how its moving forward and whats happening.

Here is a summary of my Situation so far:

- Im focusing on this business full-time (quit my job 4 months ago, been travelling and working simultaneously)
- I acquired 3 clients so far, each of them paid approx 1k Euros and they will also be paying me 10% of revenues generated by email marketing for the next 2 months.
- My website: emailperformancemarketing.de (its in German, but im very happy if anyone experienced with agency business can give me feedback)
- Current focus is to build a team (hire 2-3 people) so that I can have an automated system Lead Generation --> Lead Conversion --> Service Fulfillment system
- I intend to focus on Social Selling via Instagram + Linkedin Platform. If you have an agency business and are doing something similar, please PM me to connect, I really want to share and discuss my strategy in-depth with other people who are doing this.
- My goal is to bring this business to 100k Profit/ Month by 10th of December this year

If you are interested to follow my Journey in this business, I would really appreciate it if you leave a short post and introduce yourself so that we can connect. Also, it motivates me to keep this post active and keep sharing my progress on a more regular basis.

Best,
Champion
Hi Champion (if it is your name)
I am just starting out. My Name is Biswas. Just wanted to know how did u get clients? And yeah it would be great if we connect

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Awesome stuff, I've been planning on doing the same recently and I also believe the potential is there. Not enough agencies doing quality e-mail marketing, too many doing PPC.

I'm a copywriter by trade but have been doing a lot of e-mail marketing for clients and figuring out Klaviyo. It's pretty awesome.

Nice to meet you!

Biswas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Feb 24, 2021
Awesome stuff, I've been planning on doing the same recently and I also believe the potential is there. Not enough agencies doing quality e-mail marketing, too many doing PPC.

I'm a copywriter by trade but have been doing a lot of e-mail marketing for clients and figuring out Klaviyo. It's pretty awesome.

Nice to meet you!
Hi Simon
Just wanted to know
How do you get clients?

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hi Champion (if it is your name)
I am just starting out. My Name is Biswas. Just wanted to know how did u get clients? And yeah it would be great if we connect
Hey Biswas,

I have to admit the 3 clients so far came from my social circle since I was already doing ecommerce at an intermediate level. I know other store owners who know other store owners and so on...

Im building content on my instagram + linkedin now and going to connect with alot of store owners in the coming weeks. About 1-2 weeks after adding the connections and they saw my content / know what im about, I message them in DM and arrange a discovery call. If they are a good fit, we arrange a sales call and I close them --> This is the plan for converting cold clients.

I will keep you updated how it goes.

Best,
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany

Nice to meet you!
Hey Simon,

cool, its also nice to meet you :) are you based in the US?

Best,
Champion

Biswas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Feb 24, 2021
Hey Biswas,

I have to admit the 3 clients so far came from my social circle since I was already doing ecommerce at an intermediate level. I know other store owners who know other store owners and so on...

Im building content on my instagram + linkedin now and going to connect with alot of store owners in the coming weeks. About 1-2 weeks after adding the connections and they saw my content / know what im about, I message them in DM and arrange a discovery call. If they are a good fit, we arrange a sales call and I close them --> This is the plan for converting cold clients.

I will keep you updated how it goes.

Best,
Champion
Well, what if lot of people do the same strategy as you are doing?

Biswas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Feb 24, 2021
you might want to read his progress thread, it's quite good.
This one Right?

Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
This one Right?

yes.

also sorry OP for distracting your thread. great work.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey all,

would like to give a quick update about how its going for me:

- Mindset is doing great, stronger than its ever been before
- I just had an interview with 5 people yesterday and everyone of them will begin working for me in different parts of the business, as mentioned, I have divided it up into 4 Departments (Lead Gen, Lead Nurture, Lead Conversion and Service Fulfillment)
- Im currently in the process of mapping out exactly which tasks need to be done everytime a client is closed (its a predictable process everytime, so I just need to prepare the steps and record LOOM videos to train the employees).
- Im really putting a lot of work from the start into systemisation & automation to run this agency as a Business (other people are the ones executing and im leadining/mentoring/managing them). In my past Online stores, I was putting wayyyy too little emphasis on building a real time and it was much more of a "Self Employed" venture, rather than a real business.

I will report back soon with newest developments.

Best,
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Been getting the ball moving, but extremely inconsistent about checking in the forum to update my progress. Its Crazy how I just noticed that an entire month has almost passed by and I haven't even checked in, to give you guys an update.

So here's an UPDATE:

- I have decided that I will post my progress daily. This shouldn't be much extra work for me, since im already running a journal every evening, so I will simply copy and share things from my journal here.

Summary For today:

- Its Sunday and I had a great reflection session (took 3 hours in total). I have been doing these weekly reflection sessions consistently this year and they almost always take me longer than 2 hours when I do them. Im wondering if anyone else puts this much effort into reflection. Is it maybe not even enough, lol?

- Planned my week really well, I know exactly what the To Do's are next week and when il be doing them, everything is in the calendar.

Alright, I could write more now, but I should go to sleep. Its 12:23 AM and the reason im here posting this, is because I cant sleep, I tried to go at 10:30 PM.

See you guys tommorrow for the next update.

poseidn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 1, 2016
1month in, how many calls have you had? How many offers have you made? I started a new JV ecommerce email marketing agency 1month ago too. Good place to be.

DM me if you want to chat on discord or something - i don't prospect into Europe so won't be stepping on your toes. Might be handy to share ideas.

Last edited:

poseidn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 1, 2016

Nice to meet you!
Same goes for you Simon. If you're doing an email marketing agency and want to discuss best practices, tips, and just general networking pls just DM me and we can stay in touch on discord or something.

Got a few clients on the ecom side of things so happy to share any learnings/problems i've had that could help you out, and likewise for me

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
1month in, how many calls have you had? How many offers have you made? I started a new JV ecommerce email marketing agency 1month ago too. Good place to be.

DM me if you want to chat on discord or something - i don't prospect into Europe so won't be stepping on your toes. Might be handy to share ideas.
Hey Poseidn, the reality is somewhere around 10 calls so far, this is obviously not enough, but its also because we are following a more long-term/passive social selling strategy. Nonetheless, we have connected with over 100-150 people on instagram and around 20-30 on Linkedin during this month, so its not that we are not doing anything.

Good to hear that you are also doing an e-mail marketing agency, I will send you a PM now and im deffinetly looking forward to connect.

Best
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany

For some reason I couldnt send you a PM. I think would be easiest if you send me a message on my insta (johnny_ecom) and we can talk there.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
DAY #1

Total time worked: 16 Pomodoros (Productive 25 min working sessions)
Total time slept: 6hrs 15 min (Bad Sleep last night)

Summary of To Do's that I completed today:
- Recorded a loom vide of performance for one client (currently 2 active clients for the E-Mail Marketing Agency)
- Recorded a feedback video for one of my employees that setup a manual email marketing campaign for my client --> Some mistakes she made, she will do better next time
- Had my onboarding call with klaviyo partners
- Sorted out the tasks that 2 other employees will do this week and communicated to them over slack
- Worked on website for 4 hours --> I want future prospects to be able to buy the marketing package straight on the website and checkout on there, so I can automate things more easily

Next update tommorow!

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
DAY #2

Total time worked: 16 Pomodoros (Productive 25 min working sessions)
Total time slept: 8hrs 30 min (Very good Sleep last night, made a huge difference today)

Summary of To Do's that I completed today:
- Recorded a loom video to explain last 7 day performance to the second client I currently have. It was very good, because I only spent 4-5 mins doing it, before I was wasting way too much time recording these videos. I figured that consistent communication between your agency and the client is key - stop talking to them for more than a week and you will begin to loose their trust (especially in the begining). Regular updates about how its going is absolutely essential, so im happy that I figured out an easy way to take care of this.
- I continued working on the site (about 15 pomodoro sessions today and it was absolutely worth it).
- I made a big learning today about the importance of Emphasis on SITE USABILITY (good examples are Ethereum.org or expressvpn.com). Dont every build a website with too much text that NO ONE will bother to read. I made this mistake at first, but after cutting down a lot of text, I was able to get it to a good point. Looking forward to give it the finishing touches tommorow.

Thats it for today, next update tommorow!

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
DAY #3:

Total time worked: 15 Pomodoros
Total time slept: 8hrs 7 min (Very good Sleep last night again, felt good when waking up)

Summary of the To Do's that I completed today:

- Very very happy because I completely finished the website.
- Worked on it pretty much all day, but was worth it. Next step is to get started with shooting video content for my Ad creatives (Gonna run ads to get traffic to the site) as well as for instagram TV on my channel.
- I expect the whole creatives thing to take around 2 weeks, but then we will be ready to go and with fbook ads, my calendar should be full from now on, focusing on closing deals.
- This is ideal, because 2 interns are starting from 01. June for 2 months, they will be able to assist with service fulfillment, so I can actually deliver on the promises and clients that I acquire, I already have a step-by-step process to hand them.

Thats it for todays update, talk to you guys tomorrow.

Best,
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
DAY #4:

Total time worked: 16 Pomodoros
Total time slept: 7hrs 30 min (Slept worse than the nights before and really felt it today)

So today I actually had to go home and sleep for 3 hours after lunch. Was feeling extremely tired and im still sick at the moment. When I left the office to go home, I had finished 9 pomodoro sessions. I woke up after sleeping 3 hours and thought to myself: should I work from home or should I go to the office and really ensure I get my 16 sessions in today. Ofcourse, I made the right decision an discipline prevailed --> I went to the office and got it done, was the right decision. Just another example how inconsistency can come creeping in if you let it

- Watched 5h 30min of CTR Accelerator course (current course that im following to record content for my video Ads)

Next update tommorow

Best
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
DAY #5

Total time slept: 5hrs 36 min (Went to sleep very late)

- Prepared onboarding information & Video for Jamie (new intern #1 starting next week monday)
- Prepared onboarding information & Video for Alison (new intern #2 starting next week monday)
- Continued watching CTR Accelerator (Course for Video AD Creatives total duration 3h 30min today, tommorow I will finish it)
- Improved the cold script for instagram DM of Leads that we generate and discussed it with my co-worker who is writing the DM's to our leads, I think we will have much better response rates now

All in all, I felt like I was much more distracted from productive work today, I guess its because I switched tasks a lot and also skipped more breaks than usual from my pomodoro sessions. I think its highly essential to plan your day right (--> Fail to Plan = Plan to Fail).

I have a good plan for tommorow, so I expect it to be a lot better. It will only be a half day, since its Saturday, so im also looking forward to that.

Best,
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
DAY #6

Total time worked: 8 Pomodoros (Saturday)
Total time slept: 8h (Slept a good amount, felt good in the morning)

- Completed CTR ACCELERATOR COURSE
- Got started with some creatives and found a lot of interesting stuff I can do with Tiktok, Instagram and Mojo Filters for Pattern Interrupts/Scroll Stoppers for my Video Ads
- I did not reflect on the week, even though I wanted to. I will do it tommorow.

Best
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #7

Today was my day OFF, but since I said i'l post daily to update in this thread, I'd still like to share:

- I reflected a lot about what I have done so far and also planned my week ahead.
- Got a really good system to make my reflection sessions more efficient on the weekend, its a Combination of Qualitative (Questions I ask and answer myself) and Quantitative (things I track on a daily basis to see how they influence my progress) KPI's.

Best
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #8

Total time slept: 7h

- Reworked the design for my instagram channel posts, taking everything to the next level and going to have it look much more professional now
- Calculated the pricing that I will get started with on launch with my new service packages
- For my service package there are 3 pricing plans, for pricing plan basic I have completed the sales page, the other 2 sales pages I expect to complete tommorow, since the baseline of the work has been done.

I will be flying 20 hours tomorrow (12h from Cancun to Istanbul, then 6h transit and then 3 hours from Istanbul to Berlin). I will use the full 6h transit in Istanbul as productive working time, so I deffinetly will also post tommorow.

Best
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #9

Total time worked: 0 Pomodoros
Total time slept: 30min

I just arrived in Istanbul after 12 hour flight from Cancun. Sitting in a Starbucks right now and going to work on the sales pages for my website.

I said I will be consistent about posting here, so thats why I really want to take it seriously. Will give my next update tomorrow.

Best
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #10

Total time worked: 5 Pomodoros
Total time slept: 3h 30min

- Completed the sales page for my service -> People can now checkout immediatly over the website. Next step is to record all my video creatives which I will be doing next week, since I need to be in quarantine for the next 5 days. I will do planning tommorow morning to see how I can best use the next 5 days in quarantine.

Best,
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #11

Pomodoro Sessions: 0 (did not track, although I worked approximately 2-3 hrs)
Sleep: 8 hrs

To dos that I completed:

- Onboarded intern #1, she has work to do for the next 1 week
- Fine-tuned the website by cutting a lot of words out. Its really incredible how much I have learnt about copywriting in the last 1-2 weeks, just by following the principle "Less is more".
- Tommorow I will make a "Creative Plan" where I Schedule how and when im going to record every single one of the creatives that I need for my ad campaign funnel (Fbook + Instagram Ads). The website is more than ready now, if I really go all out on the creatives the next 2 weeks, I am confident that mid June I can launch a good campaign that has a REAL CHANCE of working.
- Tommorow I will also onboard intern #2
- All in all, im looking to do some more reflection this weekend and kind of take it easy, because i know that June/July will be tough with a lot of work ahead. It will be laser-like machine focus to reach the goals I have set for myself.

Next update tommorow,
Best
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #12

Pomodoro Sessions: 8 (Only half of what im aiming for today, but its ok, because im at my parents and happy with the progress I made today)
Sleep: 6 hrs

To dos that I completed:

- Created some DOPE text animation ads. Its actually much easier to do in Canva than I expected and already looking forward to see'ing how they will perform
- Got direct feedback from an ecom friend about my website. Good news: Hes usually an extremely critical guy, but even he did not have much negative feedback about it. He gave me about 3-4 suggestions to improve the site and I have already implemented all of them. The biggest one I would like to share with you guys and thats very important to be aware of is the need of having real humans / faces on your site in order to build trust, especially in the testimonials section. These days, a website thats just full of text and images simply doesnt look trustworthy, people want to see a face on the website.

Thats it for today, looking forward to keep progressing and will keep you guys updated.

Best,
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #13

Pomodoro Sessions: 1 (actually did about 3-4, but only recorded 1 so thats what will be marked in my tracker)
Sleep: 5-6 hrs (--> Im really down on a lot of sleep now, I will need to sleep 9 hours every day next week in order to catch it all up slowly). It was worth it however, since I was visiting my parents just for 4 days, so spending as much time with them as possible was really important to me.

To dos that I completed:

- Worked on text animation creatives again today, really great day.
- Tommorow I will reflect the past week and plan for the next week.
- Tommorow im also driving back to my city, so back in the office and full on hustle to get the ball rolling.
- Looking forward to update you guys with my plan for next week and moving this thing forward.

Best
Champion

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!