The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dropping out of college! Read Fastlane and Unscripted !

Alexmillion

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 3, 2018
Germany
Hey I am Alex from Germany and I recently dropped out of college.
I hated it and now I am happier than ever.

I read Fastlane a few months ago and I finished unscripted recently.

I am ready to start my journey as an entrepreneur. I hate the corporate world and just want to be free!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

John Walker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jun 14, 2018
Brazil
I left my job 2 years and 4 months because I could not take that job anymore and because I decided that I wanted to undertake without any specific plan, just with the thought that I was not going to get a job and I was going to start. Today 2 years and 4 months later I am 26 years old, and still without work and without knowing what business to start. I knew I was going to start on the internet, but I did not get the motivation to start anything yet on the internet. Not yet knowing how he could help people.

John Walker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jun 14, 2018
Brazil
How do you support yourself? Savings?
In addition to living with my parents, I have been saving money since I was 18 years old, after I was 21 years old I started saving with the purpose of investing in a business, I always saved money, I also earned more money money was only to invest, but I have been using it little by little in recent years to support myself with a lot of pain by the way, because that was not what I did the savings for.

All this generated me frustration for not having started anything in this period and have only been getting knowledge, reading books, taking online courses and so on. But I believe that I pretended to be acting all this time, simply because of the fear of getting out of my comfort zone. I'm trying to change that. Either I create courage or fear will overcome me.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
I dropped out of college too and I've been working for the past 4 years at dead end jobs.

I would like to think that I've spent all those years learning different business concepts from the formal to the informal. While saving money by not getting into debt.

But I have also wasted money on business ideas that I never went through with all the way with. I would start them and than just stop and sell all the supplies I had. Not very smart.

I tell myself that not going to college was a way to deprogram my mindset from society's script. The majority of college students like to keep it safe. That's the whole point of college. Go to college follow the curriculum to a t and there will be a job waiting for you in the end. This mentality hinders your ability to take risks which is essential for an Entrepeneur. But it also makes your life cozy because you'll have a lot of money coming in weekly so you can spend on paying a mortage, buying a car and starting a family. But you'll be doing it for many years to come.

While going into the wild without formal training you're betting for a high risk payout in the long run. While college is low risk with a steady pay out.

By not going to college the world is wide open to you business wise. You might not be able to get into specialized fields but you can sell to them.

I have nothing to show for all the years that I've been in "study" mode. If I had stayed in college I would have a "good" paying job now. But that has also accelerated my need to start a business and stick to it. Something that I can sell later and make up for all the time that I've been working for someone else.

The hardest part of it all is having the discipline to not waste your time on useless time wasters like playing video games, watching TV or partying too much.

If you do decide to go the high risk route for a bigger payout here's a few things to keep in mind.

Have discipline
Have a plan
Save money
Go to udemy.com and buy the top courses on this subjects.

Marketing
Copy writing
Google ads
Facebook ads
Accounting
Sales
Fiance
Discipline
Goal setting
Google Analytics
Web Design

You can get all that for free on the web but udemy has all in one place.

This courses will give you a good foundation and an overlook of all the tools you'll need to succeed. Also you might not have much money to outsource so you'll need to do everything yourself.

And of course read all the gold posts in this forum. Youll be learning from the best through their first hand experience, you can't buy that anywhere else.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...