The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Doing $75,000 USD Per WEEK (Service Business)

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Thanks MJ! You are truly inspiring and there is evidence of what you have done and what you currently do. The latest UNSCRIPTED really sheds some light on what is happening all around.

I wonder if you could maybe enlighten me in a case. Maybe I am wrong and if I am I want to be put right.

What would you suggest we (readers of posts in this forum) do when we see a post in GOLD and the person posting it is not showing us any proof of what he/she does except his writing. It is easy for me to come up with numbers and with ideas borrowed from other people and introduce them here.

I see it with this person you just turned into GOLD and with MTF which also is in gold. Not 1 indication of what they do is either online or anywhere else.

Thank you for your time!
Eugen Berzani

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I see it with this person you just turned into GOLD and with MTF which also is in gold. Not 1 indication of what they do is either online or anywhere else.

Sorry but I'm not a private investigator and I'm certainly not paid to be one. Not sure what you want me to do.

A post is turned GOLD or NOTABLE based on the content provided by said user -- usually based on a combination of likes, comments, and the veracity of the information as given. Sometimes I am able to verify an occupation or a website but that is the extent of it.

Just because a post is turned GOLD does not mean that myself, or the forum endorses any business, any practice, and industry, any person, or any activity, as if I had privileged details to a person's business practices, their bank accounts, or any such information.

It is up to you to determine what is relevant for you, or not relevant.

It is not up me to vet the internet, much less every story posted on this forum.

That said, when you start earning $xxx,xxx in profit per month, I hope you would be so forthcoming about what you're doing, your industry, your products, and your business model. My guess is most people won't, so I'm not sure why anyone expects different here.

More info:

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Thanks MJ! You are truly inspiring and there is evidence of what you have done and what you currently do. The latest UNSCRIPTED really sheds some light on what is happening all around.

I wonder if you could maybe enlighten me in a case. Maybe I am wrong and if I am I want to be put right.

What would you suggest we (readers of posts in this forum) do when we see a post in GOLD and the person posting it is not showing us any proof of what he/she does except his writing. It is easy for me to come up with numbers and with ideas borrowed from other people and introduce them here.

Thank you for your time!
Eugen Berzani

Just because a thread is marked GOLD by a relative stranger doesn't mean it's relevant for you, or that you should take its advice.

Don't forget the adage of "Trust, but verify".

If you can't verify, let that impact how much you can trust. If a source of advice or information doesn't sit right with you, then that advice is not for you.

IMO this is the way you should be thinking, no matter how many digits are in your bank account.

eugenberzani

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Feb 14, 2019
Sorry but I'm not a private investigator and I'm certainly not paid to be one. Not sure what you want me to do.

A post is turned GOLD or NOTABLE based on the content provided by said user -- usually based on a combination of likes, comments, and the veracity of the information as given. Sometimes I am able to verify an occupation or a website but that is the extent of it.

Just because a post is turned GOLD does not mean that myself, or the forum endorses any business, any practice, and industry, any person, or any activity, as if I had privileged details to a person's business practices, their bank accounts, or any such information.

It is up to you to determine what is relevant for you, or not relevant.

It is not up me to vet the internet, much less every story posted on this forum.

That said, when you start earning $xxx,xxx in profit per month, I hope you would be so forthcoming about what you're doing, your industry, your products, and your business model. My guess is most people won't, so I'm not sure why anyone expects different here.

More info:

Dear MJ DeMarco,

Once again you suprise me. Thank you for your time and explanation. I now understand that my idea of fastlane forum was wrong. I thought the INSIDERS would reveal everything when it comes to their entrepreneurship.

So i will follow your advice and be more careful who I choose to read and follow.

Apologies for inconviniences and thank you again!

Have a great weekend!

Eugen

eugenberzani

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Feb 14, 2019
Just because a thread is marked GOLD by a relative stranger doesn't mean it's relevant for you, or that you should take its advice.

Don't forget the adage of "Trust, but verify".

If you can't verify, let that impact how much you can trust. If a source of advice or information doesn't sit right with you, then that advice is not for you.

IMO this is the way you should be thinking, no matter how many digits are in your bank account.
Thank you so much!

You guys were right I had the wrong idea about Fastlane Forum.

Nonetheless the information here is priceless.

Will be more careful when reading and making ideas part of my philosophy.

Have a great weekend!

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Congrats 458. Make some time for a massage ok? You deserve it.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
For market niches made up of mostly private companies, it is not an exact science. Start with finding all of the industry leaders in the Inc 500/5,000 list. Next put together a list of all the companies you can find in your specific niche along with there corresponding employee head count. Use the revenue and employee count from the companies reported in the Inc 500/5,000 list to determine average revenue brought in per employee. Next multiple this number times the total employee count you were able to determine. Next multiple this number by 2 and you now have a conservative estimate of market cap for a non publicly reported industry.

After you have the above number, look around the internet to see if you can find other information on what the estimated market cap of the industry is and use those numbers to determine if you are close in your estimation.

Again, it is not an exact science and there are probably other ways to come up with your estimate that i may not be aware of, this is just an example of how i did it for my current venture (IE. A niche market cap of 100-200 million USD).

Do you have any suggestions for what to do if your main competitors are not on the Inc 5000?

I've been trying to figure out the market cap for my niche. There are several competitors online, a few bigger ones, and plenty of small ones. There are also brick and mortar stores in nearly every major city of the USA as well. These things tell me a decent sized market must exist, but I have no idea what the actual market cap is!

Not knowing the market cap makes it difficult to try and figure out what sort of volume is truly reasonable or not and what I can expect from the business.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Do you have any suggestions for what to do if your main competitors are not on the Inc 5000?

I've been trying to figure out the market cap for my niche. There are several competitors online, a few bigger ones, and plenty of small ones. There are also brick and mortar stores in nearly every major city of the USA as well. These things tell me a decent sized market must exist, but I have no idea what the actual market cap is!

Not knowing the market cap makes it difficult to try and figure out what sort of volume is truly reasonable or not and what I can expect from the business.

Go to Google and find the biggest player in the industry(assuming they are all private, if they are public its much easier) and then look for information on there total employee count using Google again. Next take there employee count and assume that each employee adds $100,000 in revenue to the top line. Next assume that they have a 5% penetration on the market. This is an extremely rough estimation but it doesn't have to be exact.

Here is the math:

100 employees x 100,000 revenue per employee = 10,000,000 gross revenue / 0.05 = $200,000,000 market cap.

Note: If the biggest player is a public company then just go to there 10k or 10q on the SEC website and find there total employee count and there total revenue. This will give you the revenue per employee. Then all you need to assume is the market penetration.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Go to Google and find the biggest player in the industry(assuming they are all private, if they are public its much easier) and then look for information on there total employee count using Google again. Next take there employee count and assume that each employee adds $100,000 in revenue to the top line. Next assume that they have a 5% penetration on the market. This is an extremely rough estimation but it doesn't have to be exact.

Here is the math:

100 employees x 100,000 revenue per employee = 10,000,000 gross revenue / 0.05 = $200,000,000 market cap.

Note: If the biggest player is a public company then just go to there 10k or 10q on the SEC website and find there total employee count and there total revenue. This will give you the revenue per employee. Then all you need to assume is the market penetration.

Thank you this is helpful, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR

Sometimes the work is done already and the information available. I tried for mine: "market cap wastewater", and came up with tons of freely available information. Sure, it's a broad overview, but I can then pick some of the named players and get their prospectuses and do the math. Rough estimates work!

Can I get 1/10th of a percent of the market with my systems and skills? That would be about $300K, which is a nice starting point.

Try it for your niche, and let us know!

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
I've tried this before to no avail. Problem is minerals and crystals both include industrial uses which is what these reports tend to focus on, not the collectors. Thanks for the idea regardless!

baguvix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Sep 9, 2018
You are living the damn good life.. How did you develop your mindset, you are so wise. I guess its years of practice and improving.
I feel so stuck, lot of informations out there..
IDK what is bad with me.. I always start something and never finish it..
I feel so bad, but I have a lot of time in front of me. I need to take it one step at a time.
And oh yeah I am a master procrastinator.. F*ck me how should I change that.. Maybe I dont want it bad enough.

sorry a little self talk

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
You are living the damn good life.. How did you develop your mindset, you are so wise. I guess its years of practice and improving.
I feel so stuck, lot of informations out there..
IDK what is bad with me.. I always start something and never finish it..
I feel so bad, but I have a lot of time in front of me. I need to take it one step at a time.
And oh yeah I am a master procrastinator.. F*ck me how should I change that.. Maybe I dont want it bad enough.

sorry a little self talk

My life started to change when I began to wake up every day at 4am. If you master that, everything else will fall into place.

Why?

Because it's hard, it's singular, and when you do it everyone else is asleep so it forces you to work on yourself and your projects without distractions.

After you master this, everything else is easy and falls right into place.

Good luck!

baguvix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Sep 9, 2018
My life started to change when I began to wake up every day at 4am. If you master that, everything else will fall into place.

Why?

Because it's hard, it's singular, and when you do it everyone else is asleep so it forces you to work on yourself and your projects without distractions.

Good luck!
Thanks again. I set my alarm clock. You are great that after all that money you are making you help and share value on this forum.

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
4. Clarity of message (A simple small over looked advantage.. How clear is what you are selling? Is your target market understanding FULLY AND COMPLETELY what they are exchanging dollars for? Again, I've called other companies and they confuse the shit out of people with what they are saying)

Thank you for this and everything that you've shared in this thread @458, you've given me a lot to think about.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida

Why?

Good luck!

Im going to try this. Have to. Anything to watch out for? What happens on the weekend or when friends make plans?

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Im going to try this. Have to. Anything to watch out for? What happens on the weekend or when friends make plans?

For the first 90 days, don't have plans or friends. After that you can move to doing it Monday through Friday like I do. In the beginning you should do it every day to form a habit.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
For the first 90 days, don't have plans or friends. After that you can move to doing it Monday through Friday like I do. In the beginning you should do it every day to form a habit.

I can do that. Any other notes you have on this process, if any? Ill be honest I got home at 5am last night from a party when I read this post, so changing the schedule to go to bed around 9 will be the tough part. I have melatonin.

I also thought I will do 6 not 4. Does this matter? (I dont need to go to an office so I am not tied to 8 or 9 am day start)

baguvix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Sep 9, 2018
I can do that. Any other notes you have on this process, if any? Ill be honest I got home at 5am last night from a party when I read this post, so changing the schedule to go to bed around 9 will be the tough part. I have melatonin.

I also thought I will do 6 not 4. Does this matter? (I dont need to go to an office so I am not tied to 8 or 9 am day start)
Just try different things and choose. Dont overthink.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011

Yes, it matters. 4am or don't bother.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Posting this again here since i think it will go further in this thread..

Here are the room stats for my sales team (100% cold calling) for 2019 so far:

Room StatsTotal DialsTotal LeadsSalesTotal ConnectsProspects% D/S% C/S% P/S% L/S% L/P
January90,479.0026,167.00124.0027,728.001,341.000.14%0.45%9.25%0.47%5.12%
February80,438.0013,841.0081.0023,433.00963.000.10%0.35%8.41%0.59%6.96%
March55,832.0026,619.00115.0019,491.001,181.000.21%0.59%9.74%0.43%4.44%
April56,678.0022,641.0092.0020,517.00988.000.16%0.45%9.31%0.41%4.36%
May51,745.0028,841.00129.0016,041.001,065.000.25%0.80%12.11%0.45%3.69%
June95,544.0032,188.00147.0024,587.001,638.000.15%0.60%8.97%0.46%5.09%
July
August
September
October
November
December
Total430,716.00150,297.00688.00131,797.007,176.000.16%0.52%9.59%0.46%4.77%

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Hi @458, if you a moment can you elaborate why 4AM over 6AM?

What time do you typically go to sleep to get up at 4AM?

To start waking up at 4AM did you simply turn on an alarm clock? Or did you do more to help with this?

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Hi @458, if you a moment can you elaborate why 4AM over 6AM?

What time do you typically go to sleep to get up at 4AM?

To start waking up at 4AM did you simply turn on an alarm clock? Or did you do more to help with this?

Usually I am asleep by 930-10pm. The reason you want 4am is what i mentioned before. It is a hard singular task that will separate you from everyone else. Here is a numbered list of the benefits:

1. It builds discipline and character
2. You are able to get into an extended flow state without interruptions from other people or events.
3. You can get way more done in a much shorter period of time. If you were to compare your productivity from 4am to 8am against your productivity from 9am to 12pm you would find that you were 2-3x more productive from 4am to 8am.

Anyone can get up at 6am, its easy and doesn't accomplish any of the above. It takes an hour to get into flow state so in this scenario your flow state wouldn't even start until 7am and people would start bothering you by 8am.

Ps. No one believes this because most people are not going to try it and stick with it so they can see the results first hand.. however, anyone that has done it will never go back because of how powerful it is.

Pss. I use two alarms. One regular clock alarm and another on my phone.

baguvix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Sep 9, 2018
Usually I am asleep by 930-10pm. The reason you want 4am is what i mentioned before. It is a hard singular task that will separate you from everyone else. Here is a numbers list of the benefits:

1. It builds discipline and character
2. You are able to get into an extended flow state without interruptions from other people or events.
3. You can get way more done in a much shorter period of time. If you were to compare your productivity from 4am to 8am against your productivity from 9am to 12pm you would find that you were 2-3x more productive from 4am to 8am.

Anyone can get up at 6am, its easy and doesn't accomplish any of the above. It takes an hour to get into flow state so in this scenario your flow state would start until 7am and people would start bothering you by 8am.

Ps. No one believes this because most people are not going to try it and stick with it so they can see the results first hand.. however, anyone that has done it will never go back because of how powerful it is.

Pss. I use two alarms. One regular clock alarm and another on my phone.
I did it today and looking forward to wake up at this time every day.. It is great. I never had this much productive day and morning... I started today digital marketing agency and already done a lot of tasks. Thanks for the great tip @458

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
@458 Thank you, this makes a lot of sense and I see what you're getting at.

Do you have a certain times you typically like to eat at? Do you eat similar meals often?

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
@458 Thank you, this makes a lot of sense and I see what you're getting at.

Do you have a certain times you typically like to eat at? Do you eat similar meals often?

Here is what i am currently doing:

1. 6 weeks on and 6 weeks off Keto meal plan with one cheat meat on Saturdays. On the off weeks its basically the same healthy food just with more carbs like sweet potatoes. On Keto my meals are mostly 55% fats, 40% protein, 5% carbs.

2. Intermittent fasting Mon Tue Wed for 18 hours each. I start at 6pm the night before and each at 12pm the following day. Since i started fasting like this i have had 2-3x more energy every day, its pretty crazy.. I feel like I am 18 again where before i felt 50..

Ps. I also lift and do stairs 4-6 times per week, i can send that breakdown too if you want it, just let me know..

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
That's solid form your have going @458.

I think diet is the hardest part to get right. Ive been waking up at 430am every morning, starting with a workout but my diet has been average to say the least. I easily cave into temptation and it's something I need to work on.

Now that I've been waking early for a while, Ive slept in to 5am today and was just so disappointed with myself.

Lukebrisbane

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Feb 19, 2014
Brisbane, Australia.
based off reading your threads and posts, you recommend starting in industries/businesses that are scalable that can use the phone to sell something that isn't physical. What are your thoughts on the following?
debt collection,
mortgages
insurance,

do you have any others that are great low/cost startups that use sales/phones to grow?

You told me years ago to try get a job at a car dealership but is that really fastlane long term? I did actually take action on your posts and got a sales job years back but f*cked up since.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.