biophase
Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
The show Gold Rush is on its 4th season. It's about gold mining in Alaska. At least that is how it started out. The reason I'm bringing up the show is because it is very interesting to business progression in the people within the show.
Season 1 had a crew of non-experienced gold miners trying to get gold in Alaska. I watch it to see if these guys get any better season after season. I mean, you would think that they would improve every year and get more gold...
So if you are looking for a reality show with a little business sense in it, I'd recommend it.
SPOILERS BELOW if you are going to watch it.
Season 1 had one crew. This crew comes back in Season 2. They are led by Todd Hoffman. Halfway through season 2 in my head I was thinking. "This guy does not have what it takes to be successful. He makes the worse business decisions I've seen."
He had to speak in front of a room of investors to ask for I think it was $600,000 to fund his operations. I can't believe people keep investing money in him. One episode, they were bleeding cash and finding no gold. The investor came and told him to cut payroll. Of course, he didn't do it.
In Season 2, there are 2 more gold mining crews. One is a 16 year old kid. The other is a dad and his son.
The Dad and his Son, mine the same plot for seasons 2-4. They are doing ok. Just using the same ole equipment each season. Just plodding along.... but making money.
The 16 year old is pretty good. He's 19 now, graduated high school and gold mining full time using his college tuition money. He seems to run a decent operation now.
The Todd Hoffman crew jumps from claim to claim, always looking for the next big thing. They screw up so much each season because they constantly change tactics.
Season 1 had a crew of non-experienced gold miners trying to get gold in Alaska. I watch it to see if these guys get any better season after season. I mean, you would think that they would improve every year and get more gold...
So if you are looking for a reality show with a little business sense in it, I'd recommend it.
SPOILERS BELOW if you are going to watch it.
Season 1 had one crew. This crew comes back in Season 2. They are led by Todd Hoffman. Halfway through season 2 in my head I was thinking. "This guy does not have what it takes to be successful. He makes the worse business decisions I've seen."
He had to speak in front of a room of investors to ask for I think it was $600,000 to fund his operations. I can't believe people keep investing money in him. One episode, they were bleeding cash and finding no gold. The investor came and told him to cut payroll. Of course, he didn't do it.
In Season 2, there are 2 more gold mining crews. One is a 16 year old kid. The other is a dad and his son.
The Dad and his Son, mine the same plot for seasons 2-4. They are doing ok. Just using the same ole equipment each season. Just plodding along.... but making money.
The 16 year old is pretty good. He's 19 now, graduated high school and gold mining full time using his college tuition money. He seems to run a decent operation now.
The Todd Hoffman crew jumps from claim to claim, always looking for the next big thing. They screw up so much each season because they constantly change tactics.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
