The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does anybody know an entrepreneur I can interview?

Jamesson23

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 11, 2023
I'm a 16-year-old who's been on self-improvement for 2 years and now, for a variety of reasons, I want to be an entrepreneur.

The point is that I'm unable to be an entrepreneur right now for 2 main reasons: Given that I'm 16 I need juridical permission from my parents in order to be able to create a business (that's how it works in Spain) and I don't have a bank account either(my parents won't let me have one until I'm 18). Thankfully, the Spanish education system is quite different from the others and specifically in Catalonia there's a mandatory project which lasts about 9 months and has to be done between 11th and 12th grade. The project consists on picking a free topic and doing a lot of research in order to fulfil an aim, the project is not only theoretical but practical too, so you're forced to do something practical (Interviews, surveys... or whatever is related to your topic). Given that I want to be an entrepreneur, I've chosen to “create” a business, I can't quite literally create one because of the reasons listed above, but this is the maximum I can for now. This way I can learn more about the topic during my school time, but there's an issue. Even though I could just do a prototype for my business service as a practical work, for some reason I'm forced to interview someone.

This “someone” has to be a successful entrepreneur, he doesn't have to be famous or anything like that, he just has to be somewhat successful in this realm. Even though I'm Spanish, the interview can be done in English, and it doesn't have to be in-person, it can be done on-line too. As for the time of the interview, it doesn't have to be 2 hours long, just half an hour or 1 hour at maximum would be good. Moreover, it doesn't have to be done NOW, it can be done in 3 or 4 months time.

If anyone had any suggestions, I would be very grateful to read them, since this a quite important part of the project. All suggestions are welcomed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jamesson23

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 11, 2023
you dont need to go legal to make money. offer services for cash
I know I don't have to go legal to make money, that's not the main reason why I can't start a business now. The main reason is that I can't have a bank account of my own because I'm 16, therefore I need to create the account in-person and with the legal permission of my parents, and they just don't want me to have an account right now. If I had a bank account I would've already started a business, and if that business was successful I would've forced my parents to make me go legal. In fact some months ago I was gonna start an SMMA, until I realized that I needed a bank account and didn't have one and my parents just said NO.

I get that I can offer other in-person services for cash, but I believe that it is better for me to learn a freelancing skill right now so I can start making money in the near future.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
There’s lots of kids making money online

Figure out a way

Your entire life as an entrepreneur will be like this

*gay rule, seems like an obstacle*
*most people tuck their tail between their legs and say “aw man, bummer”*
*hustlers laugh and find a way around it and make money while others make excuses*

I go through this weekly.

Maybe you get a parents help to get a joint bank account, or maybe a friend, idk there’s tons of ways to get around it. You just need to solve the simple problem of “how do I get paid as a kid”.

There will be many more problems that are much harder to solve and you’ll still need to be a hustler and solve them with a variety of methods. You’ll need to get creative and maybe persuade people to help you.

I remember when I started my company I didn’t understand what an invoice really was. I didn’t understand how people paid companies. Funny to think I was so stupid but I was pretty clueless, you just learn and figure it out. Same as with everything.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jamesson23

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 11, 2023
There’s lots of kids making money online

Figure out a way

Your entire life as an entrepreneur will be like this

*gay rule, seems like an obstacle*
*most people tuck their tail between their legs and say “aw man, bummer”*
*hustlers laugh and find a way around it and make money while others make excuses*

I go through this weekly.

Maybe you get a parents help to get a joint bank account, or maybe a friend, idk there’s tons of ways to get around it. You just need to solve the simple problem of “how do I get paid as a kid”.

There will be many more problems that are much harder to solve and you’ll still need to be a hustler and solve them with a variety of methods. You’ll need to get creative and maybe persuade people to help you.

I remember when I started my company I didn’t understand what an invoice really was. I didn’t understand how people paid companies. Funny to think I was so stupid but I was pretty clueless, you just learn and figure it out. Same as with everything.
You're right, I don't wanna be like “most people”, I wanna be better, and I certainly don't want to be a dreampreneur.

I didn't even realize that this was en excuse!

I'm a hardcore gym goer (been working out for almost 3 years) and I hate it when people make excuses about anything. I'm always the one calling the shit out of people when they give me excuses not to work out, study or quit bad habits… but it looks like this time I'm the one making excuses.

Thank you very much for this, I needed someone to call me out.

I will find a way to make money in my current situation, even if it doesn't work at first, I won't give up.

G

GuestUserx253

I think someone from Reddit would help you if you can share this on all subreddits related to business

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.