The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you think investing in the West is a good idea?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Ardatolgaatalay

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
May 14, 2023
The rich have moved into Eastern countries, the most popular being the United Arab Emirates, Also many people have been talking about the Western countries will fall,
This seems like a likely event to me because in history whenever a country has been great they start to decline and fall after a point. Like the Ottomans they were one of the most powerful countries in the world but in the 1600's they started to decrease and Europe began to rise in power and get out of the control of the catholic church.
The western countries men also continue to get weaker.
So do you think investing in Western countries is a good idea?
I also think there is not much risk in companies that have already made themself a brand and get sales in any country.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Beebop27

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
The rich have moved into Eastern countries, the most popular being the United Arab Emirates, Also many people have been talking about the Western countries will fall,
This seems like a likely event to me because in history whenever a country has been great they start to decline and fall after a point. Like the Ottomans they were one of the most powerful countries in the world but in the 1600's they started to decrease and Europe began to rise in power and get out of the control of the catholic church.
So do you think that investing in Western index funds like s&p500 or dow jones is a good idea? I also think there is not much risk in companies that have already made themself a brand and get sales in any country.
As Flavour Flav once said "Don't believe the hype"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qovJZwIVr0

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I also think there is not much risk in companies that have already made themself a brand and get sales in any country.
But have 'the rich' really all moved to easter countries?

I don't think any of the 8 figure people here live in Eastern countries.
Tate and all the simular gurus have given you a wrong perception of reality. The emirates is a shit country aside from Dubai. Dubai however is just another large city with a big nice area.
L.A., Frankfurt, Tokyo, Vegas and Ansterdam are just some examples of cities that also have comparably nice areas to Dubai.

One reason why all the gurus move to Dubai is because 1. They save a lot on taxes there and 2. It's great for content and flexing.

On that topic, Dubai is more western than many western cities at this point. Parties, hookers, consumerism and spoiled kids is more real there than in Frankfurt.

Blackrock, Vanguard and more are the most powerful companies in the world and they are distinctly American...

Beebop27

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
The fact that he wrote this question in an entrepreneurs forum is concerning.

Study history.

Learn about the free market, capitalism, the years of struggle some countries have fought for democracy, Milton Friedman, Stephen Kotkin.. F*ck.. dont get me started.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
What would you invest in? Honestly I don’t know how to invest in the East vs the West. What exactly would you be buying?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Do I think the west will become a worse and worse place for business? Yes. Unequivocally.

Do I think it will collapse? I guess it depends on your definition of collapse.

Possibly the biggest reason for collapse is a currency crises where the government lose a foothold on their Monopoly money. As result, the government can’t pay for anything and renders them way less powerful. They’ll have to choose their battles once again.

Honestly. That scenario will have tremendous growing pains, but it’s not the end. And there are ton of positives to the government losing a ton of its buying power/resources. It’s the beginning of lessons learned and likely something better demanded of them.

I’m currently all-in on “the west.” I have my family here. We have three businesses here. We own property here and also invest here. Why? It’s the evil I know.

I have my problems with “the west.” I think the pridefulness of the politicians is going to show itself to be little more than perceived power from numbers. The growing pains are not something I’m that worried about. A smart entrepreneur will navigate anything better than an average person. Shakeups mean opportunity.

Puerto Rico is part of the plan, but it’s still “the west.”

Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Do I think the west will become a worse and worse place for business? Yes. Unequivocally.

Do I think it will collapse? I guess it depends on your definition of collapse.

Possibly the biggest reason for collapse is a currency crises where the government lose a foothold on their Monopoly money. As result, the government can’t pay for anything and renders them way less powerful. They’ll have to choose their battles once again.

Honestly. That scenario will have tremendous growing pains, but it’s not the end. And there are ton of positives to the government losing a ton of its buying power/resources. It’s the beginning of lessons learned and likely something better demanded of them.

I’m currently all-in on “the west.” I have my family here. We have three businesses here. We own property here and also invest here. Why? It’s the evil I know.

I have my problems with “the west.” I think the pridefulness of the politicians is going to show itself to be little more than perceived power from numbers. The growing pains are not something I’m that worried about. A smart entrepreneur will navigate anything better than an average person. Shakeups mean opportunity.

Puerto Rico is part of the plan, but it’s still “the west.”
I find most analysts in my region leaning towards a future 'multipolar' world, where the USD doesn't take all the cake, and many other regional currencies like Renmimbi and Euro take more economic clout in their localized regions.

Which actually doesn't sound like doomsday to me.
It actually sounds like what a truly global economy should be.
Not...some system where one country's Feds can flip the money printer to hit anything and everything...

But I don't know if the powers above will let America's dominance go down without a fight.
There CAN be worse financial warfare than what we are seeing today.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Too much debt.

Too many internal parasites. I read about a news that it costs five million to get a public toilet built in NYC.

It is the finance of a family. You have members asking for a lot and contributing little in return, while credit card debt is climbing.

Things have to get worst before they get better. A crisis is necessary to reboot the system.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.