The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Which of these do you think is the most suitable idea? (Pros and Cons)

Idea threads

constant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Nov 8, 2022
Hello.

I have various ideas and would like to know what other forum members think or suggest.

Context: 17 years old

Idea 1: Local services (window washing, painting fences etc.)
+ Learning the tasks doesn't seem to be too difficult.
+
Will learn how to talk and sell services to business owners or other individuals.
+ Payment is not difficult, cash seems to work.
The part I'm unsure of is how to find the clients. My current ideas are going around the city finding someone who could want the service, asking my current contacts if they know somebody, and using internet sites.

Idea 2: Web development freelancing
+ I have experience in programming, cybersecurity and developing full stack websites. Technical side wouldn't be an issue.
+ Will learn alot about sales, copywriting, closing deals etc. Will also learn what problems companies face and how to solve them.
+ Could make monthly recurring revenue for maintaining the sites.
- Can't make legal contracts because of age, payment might be complicated. Thinking that maybe there's a way around?

Idea 3: Getting a job in sales
+ Can learn alot about sales quite quickly
+ Feedback from experienced salesmen
+ Can practice cold emailing (I have to send emails to companies asking if I can join them)
- Will probably have to wait until summer, since labor laws don't allow me to work much during school weeks.

I have various scalable ideas that are alot more feasible when I get 18, but...

An Obstacle
In my country, there is mandatory military service (8-11 months) that all young men must go through. The problem is that if I were to start a long-term scalable company this year, I would have around 2-3 years until I have to either sell it, end it, find a temporary trustworthy owner or find a way to automate it almost completely. Not to mention that the first idea is not guaranteed to succeed, so I might be going through multiple ideas during that time frame. The service however can be delayed when you go to university, but I'm planning to get it out of the way right after school.

Other than that I'm not really worried about it.

All constructive feedback and ideas are welcome.

PS I am aware that I have to make this decision myself and I can't ask anyone on this forum to make a such important decision for me, but I'm looking for input regardless.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jan 4, 2023
Love that thread, you will make the right decision with either one you'll go with! Wish you the best on this!

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hello.

I have various ideas and would like to know what other forum members think or suggest.

Context: 17 years old

Idea 1: Local services (window washing, painting fences etc.)
+ Learning the tasks doesn't seem to be too difficult.
+
Will learn how to talk and sell services to business owners or other individuals.
+ Payment is not difficult, cash seems to work.
The part I'm unsure of is how to find the clients. My current ideas are going around the city finding someone who could want the service, asking my current contacts if they know somebody, and using internet sites.

Idea 2: Web development freelancing
+ I have experience in programming, cybersecurity and developing full stack websites. Technical side wouldn't be an issue.
+ Will learn alot about sales, copywriting, closing deals etc. Will also learn what problems companies face and how to solve them.
+ Could make monthly recurring revenue for maintaining the sites.
- Can't make legal contracts because of age, payment might be complicated. Thinking that maybe there's a way around?

Idea 3: Getting a job in sales
+ Can learn alot about sales quite quickly
+ Feedback from experienced salesmen
+ Can practice cold emailing (I have to send emails to companies asking if I can join them)
- Will probably have to wait until summer, since labor laws don't allow me to work much during school weeks.

I have various scalable ideas that are alot more feasible when I get 18, but...

An Obstacle
In my country, there is mandatory military service (8-11 months) that all young men must go through. The problem is that if I were to start a long-term scalable company this year, I would have around 2-3 years until I have to either sell it, end it, find a temporary trustworthy owner or find a way to automate it almost completely. Not to mention that the first idea is not guaranteed to succeed, so I might be going through multiple ideas during that time frame. The service however can be delayed when you go to university, but I'm planning to get it out of the way right after school.

Other than that I'm not really worried about it.

All constructive feedback and ideas are welcome.

PS I am aware that I have to make this decision myself and I can't ask anyone on this forum to make a such important decision for me, but I'm looking for input regardless.
Start with the local business.

Right now it should all be about setting the correct path for your long therm future. If you manage to solidify your identity as a entrepreneur now, it doesn't matter if you need to take a break for military service.

Also you can make surprisingly much from these "local" services. We have someone here who is at (I think) 60k a month with a lawn care company.

constant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Nov 8, 2022
Start with the local business.

Right now it should all be about setting the correct path for your long therm future. If you manage to solidify your identity as a entrepreneur now, it doesn't matter if you need to take a break for military service.

Also you can make surprisingly much from these "local" services. We have someone here who is at (I think) 60k a month with a lawn care company.
I agree, I see entrepreneurship as a long term life plan and not something I just wanna "give a shot".
Also yeah, I'm not gonna let the service stop my dreams.

I lately discovered that local services have a much bigger potential than I initally thought.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.