The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do You Know Fiverr.com - You Should

domular

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 24, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
If you aren't familiar with Fiverr you should be. People post task on fiverr that are willing to do for $5.

• I've had several videos created and posted to youtube with backlinks back to my site
  • I've had those videos replicated on on other video sites
  • Had articles written
  • Had articles distributed to article directories
  • Had backlinks built
  • Just had 4 sites created on tumlr, wordpress, weebly, and squidoo with original content, pictures and anchor text links pointing back to my main. All done in 2 days for $5 and only need minor editing.
So what are you waiting for, go check it and leverage your time by getting other people to do simple time-wasting task. Hope this helps.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Most of the people actually willing to do these tasks for $5 are probably third world; it's kind of sad but at the same time at least it gives them some money to live on.

Edit: I've just looked through the site and it seems to be populated by a lot of teens so that makes sense as well.

domular

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 24, 2011
Most of the people actually willing to do these tasks for $5 are probably third world; it's kind of sad but at the same time at least it gives them some money to live on.

You'd be surprised how many of these gigs are from people here in the US. A couple of the videos I had done were from Americans and not teenagers either. But think about it, how many 30 second videos can you crank out in an hour. It certainly not fastlane but might be a whole lot better than minimum wage. Also you have to remember that $5 here in the US is not the same as $5 in Malaysia - global currency arbitrage.

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
Ive had articles written from people on fivr. Ive also done many of the backlink building gigs. However they seem to have done nothing so far. How long does it typically take for these backlinks to be picked up on? Its been a little over a month and according to Market Samurai I only have 9 backlinks to my site. when WAY more were supposed to be done.

domular

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 24, 2011
Ive had articles written from people on fivr. Ive also done many of the backlink building gigs. However they seem to have done nothing so far. How long does it typically take for these backlinks to be picked up on? Its been a little over a month and according to Market Samurai I only have 9 backlinks to my site. when WAY more were supposed to be done.

I use Market Samurai also and the reported number of backlinks is misleading because Google is seeing a lot more than what's visible. Example, a relatively new site i have has 71 backlinks according to the seo view, when I go to rank view it shows 18. Also remember the number backlinks aren't the only consideration. My site ranks #2 for my key term, I have 71 backlinks, there isn't another site in the top 10 with less than 400 backlinks and the guy in the #3 position has 2267. It's backlinks with the right anchor text from the right sites.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Domular,

so for you, you basically make high pr links for your site instead of making 1000's and thousands of links right?

domular

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 24, 2011
Domular,

so for you, you basically make high pr links for your site instead of making 1000's and thousands of links right?

Yup I've got a gal in Malaysia that I pay $3 an hr for 10 hrs a week to build backlinks from pr 4+ sites. She's been working for me for over a year and she always is finding new sources for links. I've never been slapped with anything because the numbers don't draw any attention and there are no patterns, besides she's always changing up user names. Sure I could probably find some software but that leaves patterns, need constant feeding of new sources, etc. The only involvement I ever have in the backlink process is to tell her to shift from this anchor text and this site to new words and sites. She sends me a weekly report of the words and sites she post to.

It also helps to have a descent site. Let's face it Google looks at how quickly people come back to them looking for another site, the longer I can keep them at my site the better. This I think is one of the secrets of videos on your site, people when spend 2 minutes watching a video and that makes the site time longer.

roc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Feb 12, 2011
Great stuff Dom! I've heard Internet Marketers raving about Fiverr, I'm going to check it out for sure. Great stuff

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008

A good rule of thumb to go by is 90 days or more. Are you doing anything to try to get the backlinks found? If you are not satisfied with the index rate (note this is NOT the same as what is reported in market samurai!), then you have to do something about it.

Also, market samurai never reports accurate numbers. That number (whether its from yahoo or majestic) is not the same as the true number of backlinks crawled and indexed by GOOGLE (which is not the same company as yahoo or majestic).

Anyway, back on topic - I love fiverr. Great place to get really cheap backlinks, but you get what you pay for. The person doing the gig keeps 4 bucks - fiverr gets a buck. Yep, you read that. Fiverr keeps a whopping 20%!! They are making a killing off from other peoples labor. And their site is buggy at times, not to mention they don't make it easy to contact customer support.

With that said, I have a few backlink gigs (suspended at the moment because I'm backlogged). It's a quick buck and with my VA doing all the work it aint no thang. Although I'm not doing this right now (it's against TOS), I used to send a text file that tried to upsell to higher end services along with the report I gave out - so essentially I treated fiverr like a lead gen site. It's where the traffic is and it can be easy to get.

A few tips on getting your gigs noticed:

Offer something DIFFERENT

Offer a bonus gig with every purchase.

Offer a bonus for leaving a review

edit: I've purchased video testimonials from there (although you can get in trouble with this...). I've purchased articles, press releases and even software. It's crazy what you can get for just 5 bucks. Theres a lot of copy cat sites out there too (gigbux being the most popular, thought its not anywhere close). Just like the daily deals niche, one comes out on top and everyone tries to copy it.

StartOver

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 14, 2011
Fiverr is good. However, I learned some tricks to make sure that you get what you want - not what you think you need ( big distinction).

For example, I needed a voiceover for a video for my book last month. I found the talent and was sold with little thought because of the video example and glowing testimonials. To my surprise, 3 days later I got a MP3 back of the talent and HE STUTTERED!!! No offense to people that stutter, but I was disappointed.

So after that experience, I learned that you have to ask the talent two questions upfront ( not answering these two questions are tantamount to not getting hired.)

1. When was your LAST gig?
2. Very Important - Can I see it? ( or another question that will make them prove their skill set.)

The first question alludes to the fact that, no matter the testimonial ( Fiverr's will sell testimonials, search for "Amazon review") if they don't get hired often, I want to know why.

The second question makes them prove their skill set. If they want to let you see their last gig, in my opinion they have something to hide ( which may be good, if you want them to keep your stuff private - works both ways.)

Yes, it only 5 bucks. However, it will take you 30 seconds to ask (and hire nor not), but, 30 minutes to explain to Fiverr.com that the person sucked.

domular

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 24, 2011
Im scared of Fiver

LOL I can't figure out if you're joking or not, I hope so because worse case scenario you waste $5. Five dollars is so nothing I would never even worry about it, might as well be free as far as I'm concerned.

Graves

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jan 31, 2011
That's a pretty neat concept !

smanzari

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 23, 2011
Montgomery, AL
I was just shown fiverr a few weeks ago and use it all the time! I even tried posting up stuff on it but haven't had any purchases!

mornpine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 12, 2011
Hong Kong
People told me that they could make a song for me for 5$, but the quality is not so good.

So it may be helpful to give them a few simple tasks to test their attitudes and they give them the important thing related to your real work.

RazvanRogoz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Sep 18, 2011
Romania
You get what you pay for.

I've bought:
-> Voice over
-> YouTube videos.
-> A cool animation.
-> A read-proofing service.
-> An article marketing service.

I've got my $5 worth. Nothing less, nothing more. In the end, paying $5 made me lose more money. I returned to DesignCrowd, Voice.com and Elance.

fellipe

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Sep 5, 2011
Considering inflation, soon Fiverr will become useless and there will be the need for a ten-dollars-job website... :)

mmtprofile

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 21, 2011

Edit: I've just looked through the site and it seems to be populated by a lot of teens so that makes sense as well.

Almost all of my outsourced team is from fiverr.com I've actually build relationships with them and I pay them more because I increase the complexity of their tasks. Most of them are from North America and Europe actually. I do have a few from India but not many.

It's also a tool that ALL of the top internet marketers use and recommend.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
I just hit level 2 seller on fiverr, which gives me the ability to add an UPSELL on my gigs that I can set at my own price of $5, $10, $15 or $20. Very cool, though I have to tweak my offers a bit as I do not have many bites.

I get more bites on my "under the radar" upsell of $17 that I send to all my customers when we deliver our reports.

One site that I would like to see get some recognition is seoclerks.com

Its a micro job site, but it allows any price - you can change the QUANTITY (more revenue!) AND you even have a monthly subscription option.

It looks like a fiverr clone, at first, but then you notice all the tweaks they've done to the script that make it unique. I've seen a lot of fiverr clones (anyone see fourer?), but I really think seoclerks has a chance to stand on its own.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
What are some of the do's and don'ts w/ Fiverr?

I got chewed out on another thread for using Fiverr to get likes for my FB page, granted the Likes were just to get $100 in FB Ad credit, I'm wondering what type of SEO/Social Media gigs would be a good bet?

Here's a few that I have starred:
I will write 1 high quality, 500 plus word article, that is seo optimized for $5 on fiverr.com - US

I will get You 1000 to 6250 LinkedIn Contacts From Real People Who Can Add Value To Your LinkedIn Network for $5 on fiverr.com - US

I will give you 10 ideas on how to use social media in your business for $5 on fiverr.com - Seller located in UK

I will create 50 edu and gov links to your website for $5 on fiverr.com - Seller located in Bulgaria

I will suggest your Facebook fan page or website or anything you want to my 4300 American Facebook friends for $5 on fiverr.com - US

In addition to gigs that look enticing for SEO/Social Media purposes I go by the feedback score + quality(i.e. the actual comments themselves), not to mention I trust the US based gigs more than the international(i.e. the backlinks from Bulgaria or Social Media suggestions from the UK).

BTW what's your username on there Chris? I'll check out your gigs too and possibly make a few orders ;)

NJDonny89

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 2, 2012
NJ
I actually used one of the top backlink gigs to index high PR+3 sites on one of my link wheel web 2.0s. I honestly think that Google slapped me and pushed me back down to the top 100 rankings for my keyword. Does anyone have any fiverr gigs they truly recommend? Also is the link wheel strategy still used nowadays or is it sort of out of date post-panda?

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
What are some of the do's and don'ts w/ Fiverr?

Just depends on what you're looking to accomplish. SEO? Social Media Exposure? Ultimately you want more clients of course, it's just a matter of how do you want to get them to find you. The best short-term method might be Google Adwords.

Just a quick check of the GKT shows that the keywords:

"tax preparation phoenix" gets 210 searches / month -- $7.74 cpc
"cpa phoenix" gets 140 searches / month -- $6.95 cpc
"phoenix tax preparers" gets 73 searches / month -- $7.30 cpc
"cpa in phoenix" gets 58 searches / month -- $5.93 cpc

These are all tiny traffic, but it could be a start, and if you have some $100 google adwords vouchers it wouldn't cost you anything out of pocket.

Does anyone have any fiverr gigs they truly recommend?

There's a Fiverr gig somewhere for submitting your site to ArticleRanks. That works pretty good.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
These are all tiny traffic, but it could be a start, and if you have some $100 google adwords vouchers it wouldn't cost you anything out of pocket.

That's the key there ;)

I wasted $100 in FREE Adwords last year by going for $3-4/CPC terms and not having a good enough landing page. Can't wait until our revamped site is revealed, hopefully sometime today :)

Otherwise I wish there was a lead-gen site like the one MJ had for limos, I'd rather pay $6-7/qualified lead than for a "click" who could just be a tire-kicker or even click-fraud.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
I wish there was a lead-gen site like the one MJ had for limos, I'd rather pay $6-7/qualified lead than for a "click"

Sounds like an opportunity. =)

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
With regard to recommended fiverr gigs.. I use them to get 5 star reviews on the AppStore, from multiple accounts, and in different countries. Worked well so far.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Sounds like an opportunity. =)

Get on it Mr. Lead-Gen ;)

While I can't speak for the rest of the 800k+ registered paid tax preparers, I'm fairly certain based on our situation that there is a dire need for such a service!

As much as I'd like to take that route, there's other avenues we're looking to travel to turn our Slowlane service business into a Fastlane, i.e. Franchising and Information :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.