The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Do it yourself video marketing?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

adamt225

New Contributor
Nov 13, 2016
Has DIY Video Marketing Worked For You?

That question will be answered shortly. But here's a little backstory about the topic...

Last year, I joined a Facebook group where each member had to record a video a day for 90 days. It could be on anything. After completing the challenge, I got comfortable with doing video and ended up doing a total of 100-ish. The engagement was good. People outside of the group liked my material. And it may or may not have helped people out in the long run. Oh..I landed a couple short-term copywriting gigs in the process.

Doing videos whether to build your personal brand or business is I think slightly better than hammering out a 1000+ word blog post. I may be wrong, but this is my own prerogative.

These kinds of videos are best because I don't have to spend a ton of money on equipment or professionals starting out. If you have access to that kind of stuff, more power to you.

Now onto some questions I'd like to ask my fellow members:

1.) If you've ever done DIY video marketing, what has worked for you and what hasn't worked?

2.) What's the hardest part about doing DIY video marketing? If you are or have already considered it, what's standing in your way?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Andy Black

Dad, husband, entrepreneur.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Doing a video a day worked for me. I leaned to get over myself. It became second nature.

What worked was just starting... with my iPhone.

What didn't work was going down the rabbit hole of reading how to do videos and comparison shopping for equipment.

The marketing part I've not done yet. I'm starting that this month.

The hardest part is getting over your perfectionism and just shipping. Kinda similar to every entrepreneurial endeavour, but somehow magnified because it's you hopping in front of the camera.

CycleGuy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 16, 2015
Midwest
I use an iphone for product videos on FB and IG. Sadly the quality takes a hit once it's uploaded to FB. The customer base still responds positively even to the lower quality videos. Splice is a pretty handy app for putting vids together quickly.
The last marketing video I did for FB did well. I spent $140, sold two large ticket items(1 directly linked to vid, one was "I saw on FB you had some ___"), 46,730 reached(5,475 org, 41,255 paid), 25k engagement, 24k views, 221 clicks through to site.

I need to buy a DJI osmo to take my videos to the next level.

frankieboy

New Contributor
Jan 27, 2017
London. UK.
Thanks for the post. It's reminded me how I got to now start. Whenever I did video before and posting them on Facebook, I used to get a lot of engagement and people joining my business. I've just transitioned into another biz, and now that I have all me new funnels setup, it's now time for some action.

Thanks again :)

OP
OP
adamt225

adamt225

New Contributor
Nov 13, 2016
Doing a video a day worked for me. I leaned to get over myself. It became second nature.

What worked was just starting... with my iPhone.

What didn't work was going down the rabbit hole of reading how to do videos and comparison shopping for equipment.

The marketing part I've not done yet. I'm starting that this month.

The hardest part is getting over your perfectionism and just shipping.

Kinda similar to every entrepreneurial endeavour, but somehow magnified because it's you hopping in front of the camera.
I totally agree with you, Andy. Even if you're starting out, you can be resourceful and start off with just your iPhone or your Android. Almost every video I did was done on my Android.

Perfectionism is something I'm not a fan of either. It creates so many limiting beliefs.

OP
OP
adamt225

adamt225

New Contributor
Nov 13, 2016
I use an iphone for product videos on FB and IG. Sadly the quality takes a hit once it's uploaded to FB. The customer base still responds positively even to the lower quality videos. Splice is a pretty handy app for putting vids together quickly.
The last marketing video I did for FB did well. I spent $140, sold two large ticket items(1 directly linked to vid, one was "I saw on FB you had some ___"), 46,730 reached(5,475 org, 41,255 paid), 25k engagement, 24k views, 221 clicks through to site.

I need to buy a DJI osmo to take my videos to the next level.
If the customer base still responds regardless of quality, you've somehow provided some great value to get people talking. I'll have to check out Splice and test it out for myself. Thanks!

OP
OP
adamt225

adamt225

New Contributor
Nov 13, 2016
Thanks for the post. It's reminded me how I got to now start. Whenever I did video before and posting them on Facebook, I used to get a lot of engagement and people joining my business. I've just transitioned into another biz, and now that I have all me new funnels setup, it's now time for some action.

Thanks again :)
No problem, Frankie! Happy to help! Awesome of you to also have a new business started up..complete with new funnels and everything.

Go forth and take action!

amit26

PARKED
May 16, 2020
USA
Has DIY Video Marketing Worked For You?

That question will be answered shortly. But here's a little backstory about the topic...

Last year, I joined a Facebook group where each member had to record a video a day for 90 days. It could be on anything. After completing the challenge, I got comfortable with doing video and ended up doing a total of 100-ish. The engagement was good. People outside of the group liked my material. And it may or may not have helped people out in the long run. Oh..I landed a couple short-term copywriting gigs in the process.

Doing videos whether to build your personal brand or business is I think slightly better than hammering out a 1000+ word blog post. I may be wrong, but this is my own prerogative.

These kinds of videos are best because I don't have to spend a ton of money on equipment or professionals starting out. If you have access to that kind of stuff, more power to you.

Now onto some questions I'd like to ask my fellow members:

1.) If you've ever done DIY video marketing, what has worked for you and what hasn't worked?

2.) What's the hardest part about doing DIY video marketing? If you are or have already considered it, what's standing in your way?
I try many social video marketing strategy & they work slowly but when I started video marketing through Tiktok it rocks my business growth is increases in just few days because the business promotion feature in tiktok app is amazing & I was not gave any extra charges.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Finally! I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
I have zero coding skills whatsoever. Are coding skills needed? Will the be learned in the...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
@LynX You know, this is a "Marketplace" Thread. Completely appropriate to offer goods and...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock