The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do I learn everything from the start?

Idea threads

troper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Aug 25, 2023
Hello.
I am 18 years old boy. took a gap year after completing school till 12th standard. took a gap year because of my mental health and because of lack of concentration and discipline i didn't learned anything in 10th, 11th, 12th so my mind is completely empty by subjects like chemistry, biology, history, politics, etc.

does it help in future if I learned everything from start like 5th to 12th standard or do something else which can earn me something or learn anything else the outer knowledge like blogging, web development, software engineering, etc.

Also I want to earn enough so that my family can live on my earning so please give me some ideas what can i do like what do i study to earn well.
I have a little interest in IT and business but I am tooo shy that i cannot pee in public (may by shy bladder syndrome)
please share some great careers which can earn me well and that have enough high paying opportunities in the future. then start something fastlane.
I am confused in two courses: BBA and Software engineering
I think BBA will be not good because I am tooo shy and really bad at communication (because those three years I didn't made friends and I am sure not have talked for 30minutes a day for three years)
I think SE/CS will be not good for me because I don't know much till 12th standard which is important to pass entrance exam for good college and that knowledge comes in help when developing something.

I think I have tooo many questions so please answer many as possible.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
Well, the system is designed to get kids (yeah, a 18yo is still a kid) to decide their career path when they don't have a clue who they are or what they want. No wonder so many people either change career paths or are miserable for life.

Instead of focusing on what is not good, why don't you focus on what is good about those two options?

What do you like for real? You need to find something you've got a deep connection with while having a potential to earn at least a living. If you become a banker but you hate it, that's not going to work. If you love playing the harp but can't make a living from it, that's not going to work either. Look for the intersection of deep interest and viable career. Same for business, if you get into it.

If you can't figure out what you like, I urge you to start trying as many things as possible as soon as possible. Unless you get your butt to work on different things, you won't know what clicks with you.

troper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Aug 25, 2023
Well, the system is designed to get kids (yeah, a 18yo is still a kid) to decide their career path when they don't have a clue who they are or what they want. No wonder so many people either change career paths or are miserable for life.

Instead of focusing on what is not good, why don't you focus on what is good about those two options?

What do you like for real? You need to find something you've got a deep connection with while having a potential to earn at least a living. If you become a banker but you hate it, that's not going to work. If you love playing the harp but can't make a living from it, that's not going to work either. Look for the intersection of deep interest and viable career. Same for business, if you get into it.

If you can't figure out what you like, I urge you to start trying as many things as possible as soon as possible. Unless you get your butt to work on different things, you won't know what clicks with you.
thank you for your response.
I am trying to figure out what I like by exploring and learning and what hits me.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hello.
I am 18 years old boy. took a gap year after completing school till 12th standard. took a gap year because of my mental health and because of lack of concentration and discipline i didn't learned anything in 10th, 11th, 12th so my mind is completely empty by subjects like chemistry, biology, history, politics, etc.

does it help in future if I learned everything from start like 5th to 12th standard or do something else which can earn me something or learn anything else the outer knowledge like blogging, web development, software engineering, etc.

Also I want to earn enough so that my family can live on my earning so please give me some ideas what can i do like what do i study to earn well.
I have a little interest in IT and business but I am tooo shy that i cannot pee in public (may by shy bladder syndrome)
please share some great careers which can earn me well and that have enough high paying opportunities in the future. then start something fastlane.
I think BBA will be not good because I am tooo shy and really bad at communication (because those three years I didn't made friends and I am sure not have talked for 30minutes a day for three years)
I think SE/CS will be not good for me because I don't know much till 12th standard which is important to pass entrance exam for good college and that knowledge comes in help when developing something.

If you like business but also look forward to job security that will help you make enough to support your family you should study accounting.

Accountants are needed everywhere.

The modules and content overlap greatly with business administration.

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
Speaking directly because you asked for our opinions. Mine: Honestly the fallback to the "I'm too shy" repeatedly shows there are steps before starting a business that you'd need to work on. If you keep telling yourself you are X, Y, Z then you are going to act that way (especially with negative or limiting things).

I'll go a step further and say it sounds like some of it may not even be initially your fault, were you told you were shy as a child? Were you never pushed out of your comfort zone as a child? Etc. But plenty can still be the effect of your own continued choices. (Note: I am not asking you to answer these - they are for your own self-reflection).

Anyways I think first you need to take baby steps and get comfortable with being uncomfortable because right now starting a business mine as well be on another planet with the mindset displayed here. Again stressing this is just my opinion and judgement from a couple of paragraphs of text - I don't know you.

The good news is you are still young - you can be a completely different person in just a few years if you try and want it enough.

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia
Hello.

Hi, troper!

It's great that you have came to the realization that you need to change something. At first, slow down a little bit, you have all of the time you need right now and by being in a hurry you can make some wrong decisions, so better to slow down a little bit and figure out, write a plan to reach your goal of earning enough to support your family.

If you feel like you want to choose SE but you know that there is a chance of you not passing the entrance exam, then it's time to start studying for the entrance exam, as there is nothing you cannot teach yourself if you actually try to learn and understand what you are learning and usually this will take much less time on your own rather than when being taught in school.

To earn enough to support your family you will need to do a lot of work and it won't happen overnight, you have to understand this too. No matter whether you choose to get a job to do this or build a business, it will take time.

Overall, no matter what you choose, if the choice is not towards being a lazy consumer, it doesn't matter that much, because eventually you will reach your goal of supporting your family if you have a plan and follow this plan by doing the necessary work every single day.

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
With all due respect others have now provided more content than you in your thread. I don't think bumping for even more material is necessary. Can you comment on what was provided at some level of detail so we know what you digested and found helpful and what you are going to do about it?

troper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Aug 25, 2023
Thanks everyone for you replies,

I will think of taking an engineering or BBA course.
but I am confused in BBA because I am too shy, so people will make fun of me also I am really bad at communication need to repeat and come out to what to speak so everyone can understand what I am talking about.

And about CS I will learn it myself online and will build something or create value for companies to get hired without any degree or education on related fields.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

troper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Aug 25, 2023
Curious if you read or watched these and what your takeaways were @troper.

BTW... I was super shy as a kid. As I got older I realised people don't care... they're all wrapped up on their own world. They love it if you take an interest in them, want to help them, and ask them about themselves.
I read your threads, those was super helpful. but all these lessons i learned the hard way after wasting my 3 years without taking action.
3 years is a long time I regret so much for that. but it is too helpful thanks.

And yes, I am working on my shyness and I realized that people does not care about me, what i have wore, What I am doing, What i am doing wrong, etc.
If i want to make them friends i need to take interest in them, ask about them and solve their problems.

Michiel Arkema

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 6, 2022
Hello.

If you don't know what to do, go get a sales job.

Yes, it does require you to be social, but that's a requirement to become successful anyway.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.