The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Did $$$ make you happy or ? Did you lose anything in process?

Talkintoy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 4, 2007
California
Does anyone feel that money made them happy or the other way? It brought freedom yes but how bout the things lost in the process? Like your GF that did'nt have same thinking or spouse if anyone got into divorce. family member that got mad at you etc... Your inner self of being nice turned to think your all that? You get what i mean... Some people made so much money but wasn't happy and ended up you know what. Made the money the right way but inner self part of it was missing or had changed bigtime.

Coz its very nice not to forget where you came from and help thats in need rather than he's or she's homeless! ewww.... but dont forget thats where you once where. :nono:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Money doesn't change you.

It just allows to be more of who you really are, deep inside.

If you're a selfish b*stard, you'll still be a selfish b*stard.

If you're kind and loving, you'll still be that.

However, if you pretended that you were a nice person (and you weren't), to others after you get $$$, it may seem as though you've changed. But what really happened is you just stopped faking who you were.

At least that's been my experience w/the rags to riches folks I've known. :)

(I'm sure china will tell me that the rich people she knows are totally different. Fine w/me).

-Russ H.

CRBFL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 9, 2007
If money "ruins" you, you were "ruined" to begin with. Contrary to popular belief, money is not the root of all evil. As far as losing loved ones and friendships, yes it can happen. It all depends on priorities. If you let getting rich be your only motivator for seeking the freedom that money allows you, well, then your plans/intents were fundamentally flawed.

Chuck

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
Well, that's the wonderful thing about business.
Every time you get to thinking you're too big for your britches,
someone pulls them down around your ankles.

I'm with Russ.
Nice people are nice people.
Doesn't matter about the bank account.

However, I do find that with age and experience,
I have a lower turd tolerance.
That means that I won't be as nicey-nice
to people who are turds.
I consider it like a public service to put them in their place.
Which might get me a bit of a rep for being a bastard
but my shoulders are broad
(since I am a broad, would stand to reason that my shoulders are broad too)
so I can take it.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Kimber said:
Every time you get to thinking you're too big for your britches,
someone pulls them down around your ankles.
Leave it to Kimber to give us such a wonderful visual image.

So am I supposed to start calling you a broad broad now?

How about broad squared?

The broad less traveled?

Oh wait . . . you like to travel . . .

A well traveled broad?

Ack! Somebody stop me before I make everyone else leave!:smx4:

-Russ H.

nomadjanet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 28, 2007
TX
http://chiron.valdosta.edu/whuitt/col/regsys/maslow.html

when people's needs are met they are more likely to become self actualized not less.

There are fools of every class, creed & color & there are good and generous people in every class creed & color.

Being poor or homeless does not make you noble anymore than being rich makes you a crook.

Seems you are feeling down because of the downturns you have been having in your finance lately. Dispare will not save you, only hard work & a good attitude will help.

when you find yourself in a hole that is getting deeper, stop digging.

Janet

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
Leave it to Kimber to give us such a wonderful visual image.

That's me, Russ, always painting those fancy word pictures.

But seriously...
I was more tempted to go against my gut,
my moral compass,
when I was dead broke.

I've seen "nice" people with no financial cushion,
take out the big, back stabbing knives
when lay offs came around.
I, on the other hand,
had the luxury of playing "fair."
(Playing fair is a long term play,
while the back stabbing usually pays off now).

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
My saying is:

Money doesn't change people, money REVEALS people.

Ditto on all the other sentiments before. I've known stingy, greedy poor people and stingy greedy rich people. It's just that the stingy greedy rich people are more memorable because whatever they do is bigger.

On Bill & Melinda Gate's wedding day, his mother sent them a card that said, "With great wealth comes great responsibilities." He said that that was when he made us his mind to give so much to charities and eventually leave Microsoft to go full time in the foundation work.

Oh, and I have a shirt-tail family member who is worth about $2 million, that a bunch of members of the family on his side think is a brilliant investor. The problem is that while he has $2 million now, he started with $4 million that he inherited two years ago. It only took two years to turn $4 million into $2 million! :smash:

Talkintoy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 4, 2007
California
Seems you are feeling down because of the downturns you have been having in your finance lately. Dispare will not save you, only hard work & a good attitude will help.

Janet
The topic has nothing to do with me? Where ever I am i am happy. I have my family and great health. :) Just thought of a topic that stops some people and look into what they have and to have a blessing regardless what we have and own. Although it be nice to have more and be happier. :icon_super:

Talkintoy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 4, 2007
California

Janet
The topic has nothing to do with me? Where ever I am, I am happy. I have my family and great health. :) Just thought of a topic that stops some people and look into what they have and to have a blessing regardless what we have and own. Although it be nice to have more and be happier. :icon_super:

nomadjanet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 28, 2007
TX
The topic has nothing to do with me? Where ever I am, I am happy. I have my family and great health. :) Just thought of a topic that stops some people and look into what they have and to have a blessing regardless what we have and own. Although it be nice to have more and be happier. :icon_super:

My apologies if I misunderstood you. Nice to know you are Up in spite of the issues you have had lately.

Talkintoy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 4, 2007
California
My apologies if I misunderstood you. Nice to know you are Up in spite of the issues you have had lately.
No problem... Don't worry be Happy... :) Those are challenges in life that needs to be faced up on to be better person. Most people that's successful in life are driven for a reason, some from past life when they were growing up. Some just want more but its thier inner self thats driving them until they stop and realize where they are. For instance: Oprah used to be in foster home, That movie "Pursuit to happiness" also, Suzie orman, Robert and Kim kiyosaki and many others. Some took themselves as low as they can when they were young to feel low so they can get up and go as far as they can and never look back. Like some of the guys story on here at the other tread that he had to eat ramen noodles doing website coz he dont want to work for anyone. I wish I had the mind back then. I had a friend that was like 34 and i was like 17 and always talk about making this invention but i did'nt much care as I was thinking of something else at that time. I wonder where he is now? I wonder if he made it to fastlane as he was on track and i was out of track. I wonder if he's happy etc... he was a good friend.

Mchammer actually had lot of money but didnt know what to do with it and lost everything. Thought they were friends but they were friends from money and not himself. Lots of actors and actress had lots of money but they commited suicide. Something in thier life was not complete?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.