The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dharma - Your cause!

Anything related to matters of the mind

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
I am sure you have heard about the hinduic word "Dharma". Dharma is your cause in life.

And basicly Dharma can be divided up and applied to everything in your life: work, hobbies, sex etc.

Everything, it is interesting.

Let's say you are an entrepreneur. What is your Dharma as an entrepreneur? Think about it and then continue reading on....

Your Dharma as an entrepreneur is: To build companies and maximize profits. Nothing else. It does not really matter how you do this. If you fire people to do it, if you sell weapons of mass destructions or whatever. It does not matter. What matters is that you follow your Dharma "build companies and maximize profits".

If you don't, then you have failed your Dharma as a an entrepreneur. The result? Poverty and no success.

The same goes with being a salesman. If you don't maximize sales, you are failing your Dharma as a salesman and should consequently be punished for being bad at it. If you don't sell as an employed salesman you are fired. Simple. Happens everyday.

If you are a soldier your sole Dharma is "to kill in the interest of the nation". It doesn't matter if you like it, that is your purpose.

You get it by now, right?

The same with being married: your Dharma is the marriage vowes and the things the priest says "in sickness and in health, until death do you apart". If you don't follow that Dharma it is pretty obvious what will happen with that marriage.

Sex, if you are hetero, then it would be going against Dharma having sex with guys and vice versa.

If you are a devout religious person, then it is going against Dharma practicing other kinds of religions. The same with politics (helping other political parties to success rather than your own) etc.

Dharma, powerful stuff. Seems to hit you back hard when you break it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Interesting post. Would you say thay you have never changed your "cause" over the years?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I believe living a life of absolutes and "all or nones" is very dangerous.

• Banned

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
Interesting post. Would you say thay you have never changed your "cause" over the years?

No, the same aim has been there: profit. Why do business otherwise? That is the whole idea of business: making big profits. The bigger the better. That signifies a great entrepreneur. That is the truest measurement unit, as you know, for business success.

If I where a great philanthropist then I would be the top donor ever. That would be the only measurement for succeeding with that Dharma.

If you started accumulating for your own self gain, then you would have broken the Dharma of a philanthropist and hence you would be a lousy philanthropist.

Entrepreneur - accumulate the most.
Philanthropist - donate the most.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Whoa.

OK, a few ground rules:

Dharma is different to each person-- it is what is most important to THE INDIVIDUAL.

For fanocks, it is maximizing profit.

For me, or MJ, or JScott-- we will ALL have different Dharmas.

A bit of background info on DHARMA.

An intriguing post, fanocks-- I applaud you for putting your views up here.

As has been discussed before, not all of us have the same "motives" or are driven by the same things.

To each, their own dharma.

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Oh, and for what it's worth, fanocks, I (personally) would not define "entrepreneur" as "accumulating the most".

But I respect that this happens to be *your* definition, for you.

-Russ H.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.