The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Design

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
I am planning on advertising on AndrewG's new blog. I think I attached a copy of it to this, can those of you who are more inclined with this sort of stuff give me some feedback on the design.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
I don't know if it's just my eyes, it could be, or if the small print can't be read. I don't know if the small print gives me a better idea of what you're saying or not, but I don't visually get the connection right off between Dave's Red Raspberry and Ornella feeding my family and feeding the world.

I'd probably get the connection quicker if I saw the same sign in a grocery store next to Dave's Red Raspberry, but not necessarily on a blog, unless there is other text to explain.

I know you're really probably asking about the color, positioning, etc., and I can't really give too much on that other than the contrast, light and dark, is good.

Is anyone familiar with the psychology in color choice? I'm referring to making people more prone to stop, look and buy. Simple examples of what I mean would be red can agitate and blue can calm.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I don't know if it's just my eyes, it could be, or if the small print can't be read. I don't know if the small print gives me a better idea of what you're saying or not, but I don't visually get the connection right off between Dave's Red Raspberry and Ornella feeding my family and feeding the world.

I'd probably get the connection quicker if I saw the same sign in a grocery store next to Dave's Red Raspberry, but not necessarily on a blog, unless there is other text to explain.

I know you're really probably asking about the color, positioning, etc., and I can't really give too much on that other than the contrast, light and dark, is good.

Is anyone familiar with the psychology in color choice? I'm referring to making people more prone to stop, look and buy. Simple examples of what I mean would be red can agitate and blue can calm.
The only thing I can say about that is that red is the most appealing color to the eye. By that I mean that it gets attention the most. If you're looking at anything, the first thing you will notice is almost anything that is red.

I think it's a nice ad, though. The resolution looks like it's a bit low, but that may not matter if it's a smaller ad. Overall, pretty nice.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
There are many design critque forums on the net, drop in and register good all around knowladge, that image wont do you so good. You need something that is captivating and pops on the internet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
There are many design critque forums on the net, drop in and register good all around knowladge, that image wont do you so good. You need something that is captivating and pops on the internet.
Perhaps a bolder background would help?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Perhaps a bolder background would help?

Alot of things go into design. color contrast, placements, wording and the actual advertised product or service etc etc. then you have to think about eye flow and all sorts of stuff, its well worth the money to get a reputable designer todo something for you when it comes to design, it makes a big difference.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Are you talking elance, or is there a better option that you are aware of?

No there are design forums like the one you are one, some of them have places where you can put a price tag out there and they will all put their name on the list to design and the winning bidder gets the money. avbiously you get better designs the more money you put out there. I cant think of any of the names off the top of my head but a google search will bring quite a bit up.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.