The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

#DeleteFacebook

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think the next generation of social media platforms opportunities are gonna fill this gap of distrust of government, big corporate bureaucracy and "false friends" and more towards authenticity. Huge opportunities in these areas.

Yup, and also huge opportunities in anything that brings back together time with real people...

Puzzles
Board Games
Yard Games

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kennypaul

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria
Just saying...

Guess I'm the early adopter here.

I've deleted Facebook from my minds-eye a couple years ago. I still have the accounts, but me visiting Facebook is like me going to the Mutual Fund retirement conference.

And if you want to help me out besides the ten dollars you spent on my book(s), visiting THE FORUM and contributing HERE over Facebook helps me tremendously.

Mark Zuckerberg don't give a sh*t about you.

I do. ;)
When was the last time I came online on FB???....I guess this forum is the reason why.This is the real deal.

racyred09

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
359%
Nov 28, 2017
USA
Yup, and also huge opportunities in anything that brings back together time with real people...

Puzzles
Board Games
Yard Games

Not to mention dumb phones! I was waiting to see when somebody was going to come out with a nice dumb phone because a lot of us are over the smart phone thing. Then I saw this one: This beautifully designed 'dumb phone' can only make calls and send texts — and it might be the key to curing our addiction to apps

Please, someone in this forum make its competitor! All I want is a GNSS chip (in case I get kidnapped) and possibly a camera and then it's perfect!

Last edited:

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
I cant imagine being a android user and knowing some huge company scanned my texts and phone calls. Zuckerberg should be thrown in prison for that.

Thats the one thing about apple, they really care about privacy. To the point they let SIRI be complete shit because in order to compete with google now, their software would need way more data.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
So

Not to mention dumb phones! I was waiting to see when somebody was going to come out with a nice dumb phone because a lot of us are over the smart phone thing. Then I saw this one: This beautifully designed 'dumb phone' can only make calls and send texts — and it might be the key to curing our addiction to apps

Please, someone in this forum make its competitor! All I want is a GNSS chip (in case I get kidnapped) and possibly a camera and then it's perfect!

You know you can still buy this phone at Best Buy right?
5358001_sd.jpg

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I really don't understand what the issue with Facebook is that you have to delete it from your phone to stop using it. I mean come on people, just don't look at it if it's screwing up your productivity. I have the opposite problem that I'm scrolling through FB if I'm bored and have nothing else to do. It's like blaming the TV for being there and being so easy to turn on. Oh why did they make it so easy???

You need some will power, if a little dinging message is going to distract you from doing work and you can't keep working without seeing who it was, then you got bigger problems.

This post also made me realize that I no longer have an "Amazon" business, but now I have a "facebook + Amazon" business. Talk about no control. As you can see from my unavailable boost below, my FB ads account got banned. So now I'm relying on organic reach. But if FB ever bans my account, I'd be screwed.

Untitled.png

Owner2Millions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Feb 21, 2017
Chicago
I have never had a urge to join FB. I did one time in college when I wanted to work there for a internship. Lol I guess I never got a call back because my FB Page was empty. Since they require you have one in order to apply for any kind of job there smh.....

Anyway whenever I met a girl that’s the first thing she ask “what’s your FB or what’s your IG” I’ll always say nah i don’t have any social media. It’s not my type of scene. Then they give me the fish in the Fish Tank look......I never wanted to know or care about what other people are doing. That’s the reason FB and IG and snap have all these “followers” because of peoples FOMO(fear of missing out)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
What about other social media like Twitter or even LinkedIn? I found LinkedIn can be quite addictive too and these days I am minimizing my time there by only once per day and no news feeds read at all.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
I took massive action today and deleted my linkedin (never got on it i think linkedin is so 1.5 to 2 years ago) and have put in my request to delete my instagram and twitter.

facebook like @biophase is only useful if you know how to use it accordingly. Ditto on the TV example.

anyways most of the time i am banned for 30-45 days for one or two funny comments so I cant do much anyway haha

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Whoa?!?! The gall of people.

It wouldn't even occur to me to impersonate someone on Facebook. If these scumbags are smart enough to think of cr@p like that, then surely they're smart enough to build a legit business?

Low lifes...
Smart enough to copy a legit business to be exact.

Since MJ didn't make his FB account into a marketing monster, with all the bells and whistles (less time spent there), the goons must have had an easier time to reverse-engineer everything.

If they tried to impersonate titans like Grant Cardone or Gary V, that would be a different story.

Branding and process behind it comes to mind.
You know you can still buy this phone at Best Buy right?
View attachment 18876
I actually like these kinds of phones! A beauty!

I would miss the Notepad app and freelance apps though, should I make the switch. ;)

anyways most of the time i am banned for 30-45 days for one or two funny comments so I cant do much anyway haha
HUH????

Puzzles
Board Games
Yard Games
Don't forget education!

In my university, in the middle of the lecture, the lecturer would ask us to whip out our smartphones to do a quick class quiz on Kahoot.
Kahoot! | Learning Games | Make Learning Awesome!

Boring class lessons turned into a whirlwind of adrenaline.:rofl::rofl:

Mr.Brandtastic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Sep 27, 2017
Parents' House
I think even the idea of Facebook for business info is widely overblown. Yea maybe in 2010 that was a swell idea. Now look at it, it's just a clutter of bullsh*t. It's like someone trying to find your business in the Yellow Pages. The "Noise" factor is extremely large. Most people who find your Facebook page find it through your business, not vice versa.

I don't understand why people are so upset now with this latest "security breach". What do you think targeted ads are? It's spying. They track everything and it's on some NSA warehouse in Virginia somewhere.

Re-gain your sanity, delete your social media account. I did it about a year ago and became so much happier and more productive.

shelton

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 5, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
Just saying...

Guess I'm the early adopter here.

I've deleted Facebook from my minds-eye a couple years ago. I still have the accounts, but me visiting Facebook is like me going to the Mutual Fund retirement conference.

And if you want to help me out besides the ten dollars you spent on my book(s), visiting THE FORUM and contributing HERE over Facebook helps me tremendously.

Mark Zuckerberg don't give a sh*t about you.

I do. ;)
I never even used it I had a bad feeling about it and did not ever see the point

shelton

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 5, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
Facebook isn't even effective at keeping up to date with friends and family any more. I finally made the call to leave and was shocked by how often I mindfully opened the page. No more wasting time on there.
I hope someone comes up with a way to compete with the company. They used psychology to manipulate people I hope no one else has to do the same. I can never create a site like facebook, because I don't know the appeal of it but, I don't like snapchat either.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sorry but I can't resist...

ba2.jpg

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
This is old, but......

18mrvs5i9x4pkjpg.jpg

The last line is extremely insulting though.

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
G

Guest3722A

Facebook sent a doctor on a secret mission to ask hospitals to share patient data.

Facebook was in talks with top hospitals and other medical groups as recently as last month about a proposal to share data about the social networks of their most vulnerable patients.

The idea was to build profiles of people that included their medical conditions, information that health systems have, as well as social and economic factors gleaned from Facebook.

Facebook said the project is on hiatus so it can focus on "other important work, including doing a better job of protecting people's data."

This is what was going on in the background when then Cambridge Analytical debacle hit the news wires.

Facebook sent a doctor on a secret mission to ask hospitals to share patient data

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Not good for Facebook when iconic tech veterans leave

Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak says he's left Facebook over data collection

"SAN FRANCISCO — Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak told USA TODAY he's leaving Facebook out of growing concern for the carelessness with which Facebook and other Internet companies treat the private information of users.

"Users provide every detail of their life to Facebook and ... Facebook makes a lot of advertising money off this," he said in an email. "The profits are all based on the user’s info, but the users get none of the profits back."

Wozniak said he'd rather pay for Facebook than have his personal information exploited for advertising. And he heaped praise on Apple for respecting people's privacy."

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Not good for Facebook when iconic tech veterans leave

"SAN FRANCISCO — Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak told USA TODAY he's leaving Facebook out of growing concern for the carelessness with which Facebook and other Internet companies treat the private information of users.

"Users provide every detail of their life to Facebook and ... Facebook makes a lot of advertising money off this," he said in an email. "The profits are all based on the user’s info, but the users get none of the profits back."

Wozniak said he'd rather pay for Facebook than have his personal information exploited for advertising. And he heaped praise on Apple for respecting people's privacy."
This reminds me on Peter Thiel and Tim Ferris moving from Silicon Valley due to group think and some political issues.

I'm really confused on what exactly is going on over there. I thought the tech industry should be pretty united in the drive for innovation. Now reading the tech news is like watching a squabble, with party horns hooting in the background.

BTW, I am surprised that there's no thread here on the Peter Thiel departure from Silicon Valley. Is that issues toeing too much over the political redline?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
BTW, I am surprised that there's no thread here on the Peter Thiel departure from Silicon Valley.

Well when he spoke at the RNC Convention (implying he supports Trump) he pretty much gave himself no choice but to exile himself from the bay area.

Is that issues toeing too much over the political redline?

Probably.

Kennypaul

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria
This forum is my new FACEBOOK.I honestly can't remember the last time I logged into facebook.Funny enough,I have never logged out of this forum(no kidding!).

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Facebook is approaching 2,000,000,000 users. I can understand the reservations about not being on Facebook with personal data... but from a business perspective with a potential reach of nearly ALL of our available customers, not being on Facebook doesn't make sense.

If you're a top tier brand, consumers expect you to be there.

If you're not a top tier brand, you hope consumers would find you there.

Posting a repository of content there for consumers to find is FREE.

It's an interaction point. I can't recall the last time I searched for a company on Facebook and they weren't there.

No need to repost the articles about a half dozen high profile brands leaving Facebook... I am aware of the recent media but that's not my point.

If you have a business, and customers are looking for you on Facebook, you should be on Facebook.

Kennypaul

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria
Facebook is approaching 2,000,000,000 users. I can understand the reservations about not being on Facebook with personal data... but from a business perspective with a potential reach of nearly ALL of our available customers, not being on Facebook doesn't make sense.

If you're a top tier brand, consumers expect you to be there.

If you're not a top tier brand, you hope consumers would find you there.

Posting a repository of content there for consumers to find is FREE.

It's an interaction point. I can't recall the last time I searched for a company on Facebook and they weren't there.

No need to repost the articles about a half dozen high profile brands leaving Facebook... I am aware of the recent media but that's not my point.

If you have a business, and customers are looking for you on Facebook, you should be on Facebook.
I agree with you.But we aren't saying we are not on facebook or it's not useful.The point we are trying to make is that if facebook's more of a distraction than a way customers reach a business,then it should be left out.Simple as that!.

rogue synthetic

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Aug 2, 2017

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.