The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Anything related to matters of the mind

DreamLund

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Apr 2, 2023
Scandinavia
How did you figure out your purpose in life and how did you take action to make a change?

Tough question, yes I know..
So in the last 6 months my life has turned upside down because of realizations and destroyed old beliefs.

TMF and Unscripted changed how I view the world and I actually feel lost. What I earlier believed was my own goals and dreams, turned out be false and I’ve realized that most of my choices have been because of external opinions and expectation.

I’ve started to save 70% if my salary. All I think about is entrepreneurship and I also have dreams about it. My priorities have totally changed and so have my weekly “schedule”. But I still only consume, even if it’s ONLY about business.

Can anyone relate to this? I don’t recognize myself anymore, I think my environment is awful and I almost want to do a reset in life somewhere else.

About me:
-20 years old
-been to World Championship in Archery
Comfortable salary
-Bought a $1000 course in eCommerce but I’m not committed
-Read: 100m offer, How to win friends
Think and Grow R, RichDadPD + more
-Want to live my life in the Fastlane!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
How did you figure out your purpose in life and how did you take action to make a change?

Tough question, yes I know..
So in the last 6 months my life has turned upside down because of realizations and destroyed old beliefs.

TMF and Unscripted changed how I view the world and I’ actually feel lost. What I earlier believed was my own goals and dreams, turned out be false and I’ve realized that most of my choices have been because of external opinions and expectation.

I really want to move the needle, every single day. But it’s not easy when you don’t even know what it is that you actually want in life

Can anyone relate to this? I don’t recognize myself anymore, I think my environment is awful and I almost want to do a reset in life somewhere else.

About me:
20 years old
Comfortable salary
Lost
Bought a $1000 course in eCommerce.
Read couple of books
Want to live my life in the Fastlane
I've once heard a certain piece of piano music and I thought to myself

"Wow, it's so hard but still sounds so good"

And to this day I am learning to get better so I can one day play that piece.
Now that I think about it, that was over 3 years ago, holy crap!

I don't really know how you can find your own purpose, but that's how I found mine (and answered your question).

(The following is just personal rambling/thoughts, you can skip)
What I earlier believed was my own goals and dreams, turned out be false and I’ve realized that most of my choices have been because of external opinions and expectation.
Getting a goal prescribed/forced from others is not cool and not good, but having a goal that contains external validation can be alright (IMO)!
For example, after I will have learnt and performed "that piece", I will tell everybody that I've succeeded (or rather, show them with my playing). No matter how they react, the world will know that I pushed through 5+ years. Or maybe that's not actually external validation and I mean something else? I don't know. Maybe you can find something valuable from what I've written however!

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I found that with action many things that seem hard suddenly become doable.

I though that making 1k a month and playing valley of the damned by dragonforce on guitar are really hard a year ago. Now with action and practice I realized that both are rather easy.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Study plants. Go out in nature more. Stay away from social media. Plants all do basically the same thing, grow, live, store energy, reproduce, die, but they can’t all live in the same environment.

Having a crisis just means you’ve outgrown the tiny little confining pot you were in. It’s a good sign. It means you need more land, more nourishment. Those will come to you through ideas, nature, and relationships.

You love things AFTER you grow curious, become knowledgeable, act on the idea, and stay committed through obstacles. It doesn’t start with commitment. It starts with curiosity. To become curious enough to figure out what could love someday, you have to become bored first. Make a plan to stay off the internet for a long time, 30 days or 50 days. Go to the library or a museum or talk to people during that time. Figure out where you want to make roots (connections to ideas, your path, your hope)

You need certain things that I don’t need. Cacti can’t live in the same field as an orchid. To find out who you are you’ll need to make roots - be committed- to growing in some areas. Art, music, history, science, community, etc.

You hate things that I don’t care about. I hate the idea of being fat so I practice a ketogenic diet. I hate working out every day so I don’t actually have tons of muscle mass. My actions prove that I’m not as committed to health as I am to other things.

Curiosity -> Gain enough knowledge to —> act on that knowledge —> Choose to stay committed to that principle/idea/person.

Are you committed to excellence?

Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. - Aristotle

Find something to commit to being excellent at. And read great books. Start with Victor Frankl.

DreamLund

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Apr 2, 2023
Scandinavia
You make the decision. You prioritize what's most important.
So you think that it’s could be better to choose a path and then “force” yourself in that direction? If I understood you correctly?

You talked about distractions, In what way have you removed yours? I’m thinking about environmental change and “disappear” for a bit until I have figured things out and got momentum, but its a bit scary.

Last edited:

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
Don’t worry about feeling lost, just keep moving forward and don’t give up

Your post describes who you are: you’re a person who really cares about finding and living your purpose, you’re a person with an interest in eCommerce, you’re a person who values living by your own goals and dreams and not other people’s, a person of perseverance, resilience, wisdom, ambition. What other things have you done great in your life so far. Those are also who you are

DreamLund

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Apr 2, 2023
Scandinavia
I've once heard a certain piece of piano music and I thought to myself

"Wow, it's so hard but still sounds so good"

And to this day I am learning to get better so I can one day play that piece.
I love it

DreamLund

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Apr 2, 2023
Scandinavia
Don’t worry about feeling lost, just keep moving forward and don’t give up

Your post describes who you are: you’re a person who really cares about finding and living your purpose, you’re a person with an interest in eCommerce, you’re a person who values living by your own goals and dreams and not other people’s, a person of perseverance, resilience, wisdom, ambition. What other things have you done great in your life so far. Those are also who you are
Haha
I’ve never thought about it in that way ever before. Thank you for your response!

That is for sure who I am, and still I feel like I’m not enough and that there is sooo much in this world that I don’t know but want to know about.

But anyways, no worries, keep moving forward.

The Janitor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 31, 2023
Estonia
Figured out recently that my purpose in life is to provide real, tangible and appreciated value. It doesn't matter for who, I could even produce the value for myself as long as I feel like I really appreciate the value I've created.

Figuring this out was pretty difficult and took a lot of time to ponder by myself, which is something I also suggest you do. Take at least 20 minutes to literally do nothing but think.

I realized that this purpose is something that I've really lived with my whole life, but I blocked myself from realizing it since I was taught to have a fixed mindset of not being able to produce anything that people really appreciate. Another thing that prevented me from realizing it was this belief that this purpose is "too simple" and "too impersonal".

I hope you find your purpose and can start working toward it in peace.

DreamLund

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Apr 2, 2023
Scandinavia
Figured out recently that my purpose in life is to provide real, tangible and appreciated value. It doesn't matter for who, I could even produce the value for myself as long as I feel like I really appreciate the value I've created.
That’s cool, made me reflect on myself
Figuring this out was pretty difficult and took a lot of time to ponder by myself, which is something I also suggest you do. Take at least 20 minutes to literally do nothing but think.
Do you sit down and think about anything that comes to your mind, or do you put your thoughts at a specific question like: ”who am i” or ”what do i want”?
I hope you find your purpose and can start working toward it in peace.
Thanks you for your story!
It’s an internal journey for sure:)

The Janitor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 31, 2023
Estonia
Do you sit down and think about anything that comes to your mind, or do you put your thoughts at a specific question like: ”who am i” or ”what do i want”?
I usually let my mind wander and when I notice my mind hover around some topic I focus in on it. After that you keep your focus until you really find what was bothering you about the topic.

That being said, whatever technique or method I tell you, it's still better if you tinker around and find out on your own. It's your mind, you've been with it longer and more consistently than anyone else, as such you know it best.

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
Finding meaning in your life is like finding a solution to a problem that humans face in the real world. That said, if you can find an answer to the questions that the world echoes daily then that's your goal. To get there, it's up to you alone to know how to do it. There are no set rules to follow. Everyone must create their own path.

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
Finding meaning in your life is like finding a solution to a problem that humans face in the real world. That said, if you can find an answer to the questions that the world echoes daily then that's your goal. To get there, it's up to you alone to know how to do it. There are no set rules to follow. Everyone must create their own path.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

So you think that it’s could be better to choose a path and then “force” yourself in that direction? If I understood you correctly?

You talked about distractions, In what way have you removed yours? I’m thinking about environmental change and “disappear” for a bit until I have figured things out and got momentum, but its a bit scary.

We're not inherently destined for anything in this life. Most of us are floating adrift with vaguely defined ambitions and no set goalposts, and it's why practically nobody gets anywhere.

The goal lies in reducing your interests to what matters most. You may want to get a pilots license, become a chess grandmaster, and make millions as an entrepreneur all at once. But chances are, you won't; in fact you can expect to be subpar at all three.

Choose what you care for. Something you wouldn't have to force yourself into doing. Choose one thing and wholeheartedly pursue it. This requires making the sacrifice of your other goals, at least for the time being.

If entrepreneurship truly matters most to you then retire your other obligations for at least the next year.

Your daily actions showcase your true priorities.

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
The last time I felt lost I was playing video games, stuffing myself with junk food, social media, and lots of other things to numb my mind. I was very comfortable. I had enough money to do what I wanted at the time... buy new games on Steam and go on cheap dates with the girls from Tinder. I was too comfortable. Every night I probably sleep from 4 AM-12 PM. Dreading to go to bed and hating to wake up in the morning. (read that again.)

Essentially, I was lost because I couldn't think straight from the numbness and my comfortable life inspired only laziness and gluttony. Do you feel this way?

I don't think it's a matter of not knowing what you want. It's a matter of having the headspace to recognize what it is that you want and having enough clarity to go and get it. Fix your mental health/habits and this will sort itself out. Of course, you also need a desire of some sort to change the way things are in your life. Without a desire, if you are content with the way things are, this thread is for pure entertainment.

I shit you not man, if you can sit by yourself with a notebook whenever you have free time and just write what it is you have in mind-- maybe for a week or even less-- you will see what it is you want on paper. Eliminate the choices you have to distract yourself and your only option for entertainment is to write. If you're tired of feeling lost, like truly sick of it, you will understand what I mean.

It could mean killing who you are as a person--your bad habits, your limiting beliefs, your soul-sucking environment-- but if that's what your goals demand then that is what you have to do.

DreamLund

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Apr 2, 2023
Scandinavia
Essentially, I was lost because I couldn't think straight from the numbness and my comfortable life inspired only laziness and gluttony. Do you feel this way?
Yes. Being comfortable is the worst for me.
Monthly salary. 65% into savings. I can walk to everything and I haven’t found a real desire to chase just yet.
Without a desire, if you are content with the way things are, this thread is for pure entertainment.
Got it.
I shit you not man, if you can sit by yourself with a notebook whenever you have free time and just write what it is you have in mind.
This feels so right.I’m gonna do it for 3 days. No JOKE.. On friday I will reply to you about it
It could mean killing who you are as a person--your bad habits, your limiting beliefs, your soul-sucking environment-- but if that's what your goals demand then that is what you have to do.
Thank you so much Matt. Really impactful

DreamLund

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Apr 2, 2023
Scandinavia
I shit you not man, if you can sit by yourself with a notebook whenever you have free time and just write what it is you have in mind-- maybe for a week or even less-- you will see what it is you want on paper. Eliminate the choices you have to distract yourself and your only option for entertainment is to write. If you're tired of feeling lost, like truly sick of it, you will understand what I mean.
I’ve done it. 3 days, 9 hours total. Not one single distraction except my glass of water.
It made a BIG difference Matt!
It has become much more clear what I want out of life and I’ve also reflected back and thought about who I used to be and what i loved to do as a kid for example.

Here’s some things that I’ve come up with:
-I have the DESIRE to become a business owner, the creator of something that is loved.
-I had totally forgot that I love to be around animals and take care of them!
- I need to be with more inspiring people that shares the same ambitions and goals in life
-I used to be the guy that said yes to everyone and never thought about myself and my goals.
-My will to have total freedom and be location independent is big and I’m well on my way!

Thanks Matt

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.